Subspace Emissary: Which Version Plays Best?

What version of the Subspace Emissary plays best on its own, separate from the rest of the game

• The original SSE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Project M's SSE

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Both

• Other (post)

• I don't like the SSE

• Total voters

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
I'm curious. If there's one strength Brawl DID have, it was single-player content. I can't help but wonder whether or not its physics were better suited for the type of platforming and scrolling-beat-em-up gameplay that the SSE demanded than PM's one-on-one duel designed gameplay, or if the changes in PM's gameplay are even more well-suited to traversing the levels just like they're more well-suited for matches.
I don't have an informed opinion, as it's been a long time since I've played either one.
What's the general consensus here? Is the SSE enhanced by playing it in PM, or hampered by it?

(*This post assumes the vanilla PM build.)

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
DEFINITELY biased here, but I played throughout the entirety of Brawl SSE on netplay a few months ago. I would've KILLED to have been playing PM SSE. It was just... so floaty... so slow... I couldn't take it, it was almost a headache to play, but as soon as we got to the ZSS/Pikachu section we were dedicated to see the finish.

But... My internet died as soon as we entered the great maze, which was probably a savior, as we had been playing for 7-8 hours at that point.

I would definitely play Subspace Emissary again in PM if someone had a fully working build, as PMNetplay unsurprisingly crashes at a certain point.