• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary (By: Sluigi123) GOLD Coming Soon!

Do you like this stage?

• Total voters

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I think I should do something for the 4th of July. Heck, I'll just bring out the stage itself!
I bring you Subspace Emissary

Beautiful isn't it?
The pictures below are some layouts after 8 min.

This stage transforms its layout from time to time.
There are a total of 31 layouts including the starting layout.

Comes with these songs:
Tabuu's Theme
Subspace Ver. 1 theme

Songs added with v1.1:
Crumbling Laboratory (SSF4 Series)
Final Destination (Tales of Symphonia)

Songs Added with v1.2:
Final Destination (Smash Bros. Crusade)
Final Round (Street Fighter Alpha 3)
Macho Grubba! (Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, The)
Metal Battle (Melee)

Song Added with 1.2.5:
Steel Beast (Metal Slug)

Songs Added with 1.2.75:
Battlefield (Super Smash Flash 2)
Gen's Theme (Street Fighter 4 Series)
Final Boss (Street Fighter Alpha 3)
C. Viper Theme (Street Fighter 4 Series)

Songs Added with Final:
Night of Nights - Sakuya Izayoi Theme Remix

Songs Added with Gold: (Not Yet Released)
More Than Just Comrades - By DJ The S
Final Destination M - By Mikaela Hernandez
Blinded By Light (Final Fantasy XII)
Darkness of the Unknown (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Steel Beast (Metal Slug) will be the Metal Slug 6 Ver.

Chang-Log V1
Initial Release.

Change-Log V1.1
The "Block" is gone. :rotfl:
Most of the transitions are faster. (300 frames ->180 frames)
Some layouts have been readjusted to be the exact same as in the Great Maze.
The Camera and Death Boundaries have been readjusted
The entire stage has been slightly lowered. (By about 2 Brawl Units) :p
The camera uses P:M Battlefield's camera angle.

Change-Log V1.2
Black flickering is gone.:grin:
Some other layouts are readjusted.
Special Edition added with the release.

Difference? All layouts aren't slightly clones anymore. :cool:

Change-Log V1.2.5
Smaller Editions of both versions have been added.
Blast-Lines are now similar to Luigi's Mansion's Blast-lines.
Normal Size Vers. Only: Camera Boundaries are similar to

Luigi's Mansion's Camera Boundaries.

Change-Log V1.2.75

All Normal Size Vers. Only: Side Boundaries/Blastlines
are similar to Project: M's Dracula's Castle.
All Smaller Size Vers. Only: STPM file will be the same as in
Dracula's Castle, but not the Boundaries.
Crazy Version Added.

Change-Log Final Ver.
Background Darkened slightly. (Don't worry, you'll notice it.)
Rel files added:

Shadow Moses Island
Big Blue
Onett
Summit
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Beta Layout added as last layout in Crazy Edition.

Change-Log Gold Ver. (Not Released)

Gold Edition Added
Color Pack V2 Added
All players on the NON-Smaller stages, now start closer to the center of the stage than usual.
All Item spawns have been fixed to make sure the items don't fall off to the side of the stage.

This only happens in the smaller versions of the stage.
There'll be 2 styles of each version of this stage: one for Project M, and one for VBrawl. This is for
system mechanic differences from one style to another. There'll be a 3rd style, but it'll be a while for this to even be happening.
The color "Rainbow" is being added to all versions. Sadly, it'll not go like: Red to Orange to Yellow
to etc. All colors will be out at once. There'll be one more color being added; it'll just be my little secret. :)
All colors will be up-to-date in general. The platforms itself and the background will be slightly
different to one another: ( Platforms / Background )
Orange / Red
Light Green / Hunter Green
Yellow / Slightly Dark Yellow
Teal / Blue
Light Gray / Rainbow
There's a graphical problem that causes the base and floating platforms' textures to not loop
properly; this is indeed being fixed as of right now, with help from my buddies of course! (DIE GLITCH!!!)
All SSS stuff needed for Project M is up-to-date with version 3.5.The rest of the REL files are
added in order to have this stage to go over any stage you desire.
More than 8 pieces of music is being added into this update!
Apperently, the main platform isn't fully together with the floor collision properly, it's technically off

by 0.1 units. This is barely noticeable, and is indeed fixed.
More animations are being added to the tornadoes in the background, so it won't just do nothing
throughout half of it's entire animation.
The Z-scale on all the platforms are shortened dramatically; they'll be moved forward/backward
slightly to compensate it. (1.5 -> 1.0)
Crazy Version v1.0
All layouts are completely different and weird altogether, and will still be competitive as its other versions.

There'll be no Smaller version of this stage. (Hard to Explain; Don't Ask Me Why)

Color Pack V1
4 Different Colors of the Stage (Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow)

Color Pack V2 (Unreleased)
Rainbow Textures Added
4 Other Colors UTD w/ Gold Version

Hard Mode Pack #1 (Unreleased; vBrawl Only)
Pit, Kirby, Link, Yoshi, Diddy Kong
Color Pack (V1)
Download (Final)

Enjoy on what is up here! :grin:

--- Future updates in this OP will be colored Pink. ---

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
No one's going to sacrifice SV though... why not shadow moses island?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Cause I'm going to be using five PAC files for this stage to be more competitive and you'll be wanting to make a strategy against a total of up to 60 different layouts(!) which is why I'm making this stage so that this stage will have the most stage layouts used on a single stage.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Cause I'm going to be using five PAC files for this stage to be more competitive and you'll be wanting to make a strategy against a total of up to 60 different layouts(!) which is why I'm making this stage so that this stage will have the most stage layouts used on a single stage.
Uhh

Going kinda overboard there, aren't we?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I've done a test of Battlefield going into 20 different layouts, and it actually went very well with it. Since Smashville is broken into five parts, each part of my stage project will each have 15 different layouts, including the starting layout.

EDIT: Those of you who want to keep Smashville, but want to replace it with Shadow Moses, I'll try towards the best of my abilities to make the stage so that all of my planned layouts go through. Since Shadow Moses is broken into three parts, 20 different layouts for each part is good for me. (Again including the starting layout.)

EDIT2: First Preview Pic! (Everything is subject to change.)

Pic removed for multiple reasons.

EDIT3: Actually it's 75 different layouts, 15 per part over Smashvile, 25 per part over Shadow Moses.

Kati

Smash Lord
So by different layouts... are we talking specifically about platforms? Admittedly, it is annoying playing on FoD and learning its pattern more and more...

Neato.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Do want. How about we make one of the BGM themes a simple crowd cheering, whistling, clapping loop? Of course, there's plenty other incredible loops that could be put on this. Also, maybe we could have a Brawl Battlefield style night stage for a few of the transformations.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
If we can add a little pizazz, I say there should be a Project M blimp flying overhead.
AND FIREWORKS, AND MORE SAMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I'm having problems with my stage for a while even though it is under the file size limit. Probably there are a lot of faces on the model, or is because of the floating platforms.

There will be a Project M logo on the the stage itself, and there will be fireworks and confetti. I'm finding some audience wav files for the audience cheering and all its good stuff.

As for me, I'm trying to go get a hold of someone who knows what problem I'm dealing with. :c

I don't have, and don't know how to use 3ds Max for me to add a blimp w/ the logo on it.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
If only we could have a combo triggered Easter egg. Long combos may result in the audience screaming lines from famous Melee commentaries. Such as "Where u at?!","Wombo Combo", and anything else we find over the top and hilarious.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Sorry for not making a response in this thread for a while.

The reason why, The stage is giving me a hard time by not being able to work in game, so I'm starting all over, and it will be completely different from my preview pic. Meaning no audience, confetti, fireworks, and all the other good stuff. :c

It'll still be Project: Battlefield, same gimmick except it's one stage all by itself.

Hint: It's in Adventure mode. :p

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Looks Great! Can't wait to download this thing!
I would love to see a Midair Stadium alternate in the future, but this is still my second choice. I really don't see why Sakurai didn't use the SSE assets to make a stage in the first place.....

Kati

Smash Lord
interesting. A smaller version of dracula's castle with a nice look.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I like your stage but can you get rid of that thing in the center (the square in the middle of the field) it looks weird.

EDIT: Also what if you put a model or even a animation of Tabuu in the background

Kati

Smash Lord
^ his first suggestion is valid. Focus on the stage itself before considering extras like annoying bosses.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
^ his first suggestion is valid. Focus on the stage itself before considering extras like annoying bosses.
I mean`t like having Tabuu there for aesthetics. Like as a low (and I use this term loosely) Priority thing.
Having him as a boss in the stage would suck

Also is anyone else experiencing random black flickering when playing the stage

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
1. As you can tell the download says it's version 1.0. The next version will have the "block" in the center moved so it's not seen during the match.

2. I don't fight Tabuu on this stage what so ever, but I do like your idea of just having him being there for aesthetics, Q7. Don't know if I'll add a version with Tabuu in it, the stage is fine the way it is, except by fixing it in the next version. ;)

3. Black flickering? The stage hasn't done that to me at all. It might be your TV or something. :ohwell:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Sorry sluigi123, I knew this was a beta, I just wanted to say what I found and what I thought would be cool in the stage. BTW I downloaded again and the flickering stopped.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I am so sorry, I don`t kno what happend but my computer posted the same message twice. please forgive me

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Is there any possiblity of putting this over an unused P:M stage like Big Blue? I would use this and love it as one of my favourite custom stages in Brawl hacking history if it wasn't over one of the most played maps in P:M and Brawl alike.
Use this http://www.lakora.us/rel/
Choose BF as the base .rel and then the stage you want to replace (big blue in your case).Put the file you get by downloading in pf > module.
Awesome looking stage btw, great job on that one !

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Just wanted to confirm black flickering as an issue for me too. I'm using the hackless version of P:M and the correct rel file. It mostly happens when a character gets hit hard or the screen shakes (like when bowser hits the ground). I'll redownload and try again later, but I wanted to let you know that the issue is not just for Q7. Oh and more of a minor thing: is there a way that you could make some of the more interesting layouts occur earlier? I play competitively with standard 8:00 time limits, and I noticed that the more unique platform layouts occur about 6 minutes into a match. I'm just asking because some layouts are identical except for a few spacing alterations. If you need me to clarify what I mean, I'd be happy to. All in all, I appreciate the dedication to the stage and I'm excited to see your future versions!

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
It's probably a glitch or bug, because it's not supposed to do that.

I don't mind if you can show me some identical layouts, but all of the layouts are from the great maze. I might change them as an alternate sometime later.

Actually, the whole thing repeats after 10:25. That is if you want to see all of the layouts.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I want to say I am still getting black flickering and also (this is completely off topic) did you know that the "new" stages page on the project m website isn`t new at all. It was always there but they didn`t have any links to it on the site and the page had little to no information

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
I'll add my voice to the whole "BLACK FLICKERING GET" club, and I would personally like the transition between layouts to be a bit quicker than they currenty are.

But this is a really good hack nonetheless. :)

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Thank you for your advice Mr. Mistress. I'll try and work with it in the next update. :)

Right now I'm almost done with V2, and the color set. :grin:

If someone can tell me how to get rid of the black flickering, I'll be crediting you a lot.

Top Bottom