• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job #266

Omori (OMORI)
The deuteragonist of the game named after him. He's from an RPG game that came out nearly two years ago now and it had made quite name for itself throughout 2021 and 2022. It may not be popular as past indie games but many people held this game in high regards. Content from his game already made it to this thread. So I think its time for them to have a playable fighter as well. His attacks can come from the use of his knife and use three of his emotions: Sadness, Happiness, and Anger to his advantage as well. Making his opponents feel any of those emotions to help him or not in the battle. As well summoning Red Hands for possible long-ranged attacks.

While the nature of him and the game itself is depressing and has very sad themes. His adventures in the dream world of HEADSPACE is still pretty fun and All-Star Strife could be one of those fun adventures as a dream for Sunny (who could be an alternate costume if Omori gets in.)

Stage: White Space (OMORI)
Now I'm not really sure if OMORI is allowed to have another stage since HEADSPACE is already there. But if so, then I like to submit White Space, the very center of Sunny's mindscape itself. It can appear just as it is at first with being a empty space with multiple items and Omori's cat being there. But as the fight goes on. The appearance of the stage will slowly change to Black Space where the background goes completely black with multiple "strangers" all walking across the stage alongside multiple doors. Then the stage will finally change to a completely red background with red hands appearing all over the area which includes a throne made of red hands at the center of it before everything all resets back to White Space.

If Omori is not picked. Then Omori will be there sitting on the throne of red hands and watching the battle unfold before him alongside with SOMETHING floating behind him.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top three fighter/stage combos for a ranked vote (self-voting is allowed for 2nd and 3rd).
  • Dart Monkey + Sky of Bloons (Bloons) (FazDude)
  • Normal Cat + World Tour (Battle Cats) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Gunvolt + Sinner's Row (Azure Striker Gunvolt) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Juan + Pueblucho (Guacamelee) (Megadoomer)
  • Omori + White Space (OMORI) (Justoneguyhere1999)
Upon further inspection, Jonesy doesn't really hail from an indie property given Epic Games' influence in the industry when Fortnite released, so he has been disqualified.

Voting closes tomorrow afternoon! As one last reminder, the thread will go on hiatus once voting is complete, with work on the new fighter beginning once we return.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Oh right; I was on the fence about it myself, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Upon further research (that I should have done to begin with TBH), Epic was absolutely not an indie company when Fortnite was released. As such, I really hate to disqualify a submission after beginning a vote, but Jonesy and all Fortnite content will be barred from future DLC waves, including this one.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top three fighter/stage combos for a ranked vote (self-voting is allowed for 2nd and 3rd).
  • Dart Monkey + Sky of Bloons (Bloons) (FazDude)
  • Normal Cat + World Tour (Battle Cats) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Gunvolt + Sinner's Row (Azure Striker Gunvolt) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Juan + Pueblucho (Guacamelee) (Megadoomer)
  • Omori + White Space (OMORI) (Justoneguyhere1999)
Upon further inspection, Jonesy doesn't really hail from an indie property given Epic Games' influence in the industry when Fortnite released, so he has been disqualified.

Voting closes tomorrow afternoon! As one last reminder, the thread will go on hiatus once voting is complete, with work on the new fighter beginning once we return.
1. Dart Monkey
2. Juan
3. Omori

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed!
  • Normal Cat: 6 points
  • Omori: 9
  • Dart Monkey: 11
  • Juan: 18
  • Gunvolt: 22

Gunvolt Strikes Back!

Gunvolt's stage will be Sinner's Row. Congratulations to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 !​
----
With that, it's time to put the thread on hiatus for a bit. Gunvolt's themes and first few jobs will be revealed once we return, which I anticipate being around September 4th or so. I'll keep people posted on my status if anything changes.

Until then, thank you all for contributing to the thread up until now. See you in two weeks!

FazDude

Smash Master
Two weeks has a way of flying by, doesn't it?

Ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary buddies alike, allow me to welcome you all back to...

ASSLogo.png

Before our hiatus, we nominated Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt as our eighth DLC character out of twelve. Today, we will be beginning work on him, starting with the themes that will be the basis for our bonus content:
  • Shooters
  • Platforming​
  • Japanese-developed games​
  • Futuristic​
For Gunvolt's round of jobs, I will be approaching them as if they were some of the first jobs we were doing. This is because this is both the first round of jobs we've done in a while and because I want new contributors to fully understand what we're looking for. Of course, if there is any confusion beyond this, please don't be afraid to ask for more clarification!

Without any further ado...
----
Job 267: Submit special moves for Gunvolt!
Our moveset structure features five special moves; Neutral, Forward, Back, Up, and Down. In addition, each fighter has a unique shielding manuever with the use of the shield and special buttons. Please submit a move for each input for Gunvolt.

Job 268: Vote on Gunvolt's bonus content!
Please pick one of the included options for additional content released alongside Gunvolt. Please note that if Gunvolt gets an extra boss or mode, none of the following DLC fighters will be able to have one.

Submissions will close tomorrow afternoon around 4 PM EDT, which will likely be the new standard time for job updates due to my IRL schedule. I'm excited to be beginning this new chapter of All-Star Strife. Have fun submitting!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
THE SLEEK LOGO, THE EPIC INTRO, THE BIG, RECTANGULAR EYES, THEY'RE PERFECT THEY'RE ALL PERFECT

Job #267: oh god okay wish me luck

Gunvolt's moveset, or at least his specials, would have a degree of focus on him using his abilities as an Adept, as well as a focus on Gunvolt's kit from the first two games because honestly, Image Pulse would be really complex. However, I'm going to do the unthinkable and introduce a gimmick.

When he lands a physical attack on an opponent, Gunvolt "tags" them, which is indicated by small sparks of electricity that emit from the opponent but do... no damage. However, the effect of this means that any move of Gunvolt's that is electrical in nature now does more damage (but the same knockback) than it would otherwise, at a multiplier of around x1.2. Whilst it's a potentially threatening thing to introduce to a character's toolkit, I'd like to stress that most of Gunvolt's kit - despite being a rushdown-focused character - limits him in kill moves, so imagine him being a little like Sheik in that regard. The tag also only lasts for a short period of time, around 5 to 10 seconds, so it doesn't promote a "Sonic on NSO"-like playstyle - you still need to go in and land some hits to be rewarded for your work.

Furthermore, Gunvolt has a unique property in relation to his electrically-based attacks. He has an "EP" meter, which drains as he uses electrically-based attacks with moves such as his smash attacks and special moves. Unlike a character like Robin, however, his "EP" drain is somewhat offset by the fact that he is able to recharge "EP" with his Shield Special (which, visually, is a little like Cloud's Limit Charge.) "EP" also increases as you land hits on opponents, and slightly over time. This overall means that Gunvolt's moveset, similarly to in his source material, works best if you keep an eye on your "EP" levels, though they don't limit your ability to function too much.

On his moveset, some of his normal moves actually do reference other skills of Gunvolt's. For example, I'd like to imagine his down smash would somewhat resemble the Astrasphere. Overall though, a lot of his normal moves are focused on physical attacks with a generally fast-paced nature, allowing him to combo effectively even when not having the EP to give him the kill power he would otherwise so desperately need.

Neutral Special - Flashfield

1662325640528.png

If an opponent of Gunvolt's is Tagged, he's able to use his Neutral Special as a pretty unique tool. If not, it simply has him create a field of electricity around himself - a pretty solid get-off-me tool if nothing else. Notably, holding down Neutral Special allows Gunvolt to move whilst using it, though he's unable to directly attack. However, if an opponent is Tagged and Gunvolt uses this, bolts of electricity erupt from the field and hit them from more of a range - acting as a mid-range tool. The move's main issue is that it constantly drains EP when being used, plus it doesn't actually have much knockback aside from flinching - it's very much focused on building up damage, and needs setup to be able to do so.

Forward Special - Luxcalibur

1662325217415.png

This is intended as more of a mid-range attack than anything. When used, he creates a large and powerful sword of pure electricity in front of him, which swings upward and into a forward position as it grows in size. The upward arc is able to multi-hit opponents, and it has a tipper sweet spot, but the pretty wide hitbox all around makes it a pretty powerful kill move. However, high end-lag makes it risky to just throw out mindlessly, so be careful!

Back Special - Astrasphere

1662324958219.png

Differing a little from its in-game nature, Gunvolt creates a sphere of lightning in his hand behind him before tossing it forward - with it moving slowly as more of a stage-control tool. The size of the sphere is able to be increased by charging back special before letting go of the move. Opponents caught in this move are actually stunned with pretty high damage - similar to ZZS's neutral special over in Smash - but the slow nature of the move itself makes it unlikely that you'll actually land hits with it. Sorry.

Up Special - Prevasion

1662325876946.png

Gunvolt's up special actually has a pretty cool effect. When used in the air, Gunvolt appears to turn into electricity before seemingly teleporting in one of eight directions which can be decided by inputting the control stick accordingly. If you input the stick in a different direction, he can teleport again, but can't teleport in the same direction twice. Seem familiar? Though, when used on the ground, it actually functions more like a counter. The teleport has less range, but incredibly low ending lag, allowing it to be used as a spacing tool - though it has a set range each time, and notably relies on some EP to be usable. If Gunvolt doesn't have any EP... well, you better get on the ground and charge that up soon.

Down Special - Crashbolt

1662325341710.png

Working a little like in its source material, Gunvolt is struck by a powerful bolt of lightning wide enough to hit opponents around him - and if it hits Gunvolt himself, it actually adds a bonus hitbox on his body. Whilst it works a little like Pikachu's down special, it's more powerful and has higher range, knockback and damage... but at the cost of lag both before and after use, even if the hitbox itself is still pretty damn fast-moving. One of his more overtly powerful attacks, it does use a big chunk of EP, so use it sparingly.

Shield Special - Septimal Burst

1662324540391.png

A relatively simple shield special all-told, Gunvolt slowly recharges his EP when used, glowing with an electrical aura as he does so. It's not really an attack-based move, rather intended to aid with resource management, but offers Gunvolt a mix-up tool due to it actually reducing his gravity when in the air, as well as it obviously being useful as a method of recovering EP and the like.

I hope this isn't too much! I wanted to make an effort to represent the gameplay and story of Gunvolt's series without going too hard into it - and I wanted to make sure the gimmicks included weren't so major that they alienate newer players. Whilst it makes him one of the more complex characters in the game, his basic flowchart does still sort of boil down to "Keep EP high, be sure to land combos, use mid-range and spacing tools accordingly" so hopefully it's not too bad.

Job #268: Voted!

Attachments

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • @KneeOfJustice99’s moveset submission will be used!
  • Since item and Companion Cards were tied, I flipped a coin; Gunvolt will be coming alongside two Companion Cards!
—-
Job 269: Submit alternate costumes for Gunvolt!
Please submit either 8 or 16 alternate costumes for Gunvolt (no in-betweens, please). These can be palette swaps, costume swaps, or a mix of the two.

Job 230: Submit two Companion Cards to be released alongside Gunvolt!
Please submit up to two characters to be featured as Companion Cards (equivalent to Assist Trophies) which will be added alongside Gunvolt. Each character should be applicable to one of the following themes:
  • Platformers
  • Shooters
  • Japanese-developed games
  • Futuristic
Since I don’t think I ever specified it, DLC Companion Cards do deconfirm characters from playable status.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

FazDude

Smash Master
Jason (Blaster Master Zero)
View attachment 360349

I just think he is the best option for the job, be would be inside the tank Sophia shooting different projectiles like the Hyper Shot, the Crusher Shot, the Warhead Missiles, the Thunder Breaker between others.
I’m not 100% sure if Blaster Master can be counted as indie, since Sunsoft is a fairly large company. That said, I’m not going to veto the submission; If someone can help me out and explain how it’s indie, I’ll allow it.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Submissions are closed!
  • @KneeOfJustice99’s moveset submission will be used!
  • Since item and Companion Cards were tied, I flipped a coin; Gunvolt will be coming alongside two Companion Cards!
—-
Job 269: Submit alternate costumes for Gunvolt!
Please submit either 8 or 16 alternate costumes for Gunvolt (no in-betweens, please). These can be palette swaps, costume swaps, or a mix of the two.

Job 230: Submit two Companion Cards to be released alongside Gunvolt!
Please submit up to two characters to be featured as Companion Cards (equivalent to Assist Trophies) which will be added alongside Gunvolt. Each character should be applicable to one of the following themes:
  • Platformers
  • Shooters
  • Japanese-developed games
  • Futuristic
Since I don’t think I ever specified it, DLC Companion Cards do deconfirm characters from playable status.

Just gonna post this now so I can grab a brew without losing my place in case my PC crashes lol

Job #269:
I'm going to suggest eight alts but because I don't have my laptop on me, I'll just have to explain them.

Gunvolt has multiple models based on his different appearances, similar to Bayo's or Ike's alts over in Smash - evens being based on his appearance in Azure Striker Gunvolt 3, and odds being based on his original appearance in Azure Striker Gunvolt. They are:

1. Gunvolt (ASG3, his base look.)
2. Gunvolt (ASG, with slightly lighter electrical attacks.)
3. Moebius (A primarily green alt with hints of blue and green electricity.)
4. Copen (A primarily white alt with red detailing and matching red electricity.)
5. Kirin (An alt with a mostly yellow look, with red, teal and black trim - complete with yellow electricity.)
6. Beck (An alt with a white, blue and grey look with orange electricity.)
7. ZedΩ (An alt with a primarily black and gold colour scheme with white electricity.)
8. Nova (A black and white alt with purple trim and matching purple electricity.)

Job #270:
GOT NINJA'D ON JASON BUT GOD DAMN IT I LOVE BLASTER MASTER TOO MUCH TO BE SALTY SO THANK YOU
(On this - I think it'd be due to the context of the recent reboot, specifically Blaster Master Zero, which has been handled by Inti Creates (an arguably indie company in spite of their history of working alongside other large companies like Capcom.)

Okay, let's do this! First up:

Character Name: Simon and Calvie
Character Origin: Raft Wars (2007)
Thematic Connection: Shooters?

1662411424229.png

The original "cringe-ass nae nae baby" and his big bro drop into the battlefield on their rafts inside a big kiddie-pool, guns at the ready to fire tennis balls around them! The tennis balls aren't the fastest or most powerful projectiles ever, but they do work as items, so they'll make mixups galore. Though, with them not having access to a large body of water, they're not going anywhere...

Character Name: Joe Jumpgunner
Character Origin: Jumpgunners
Thematic Connection: Shooters/Platformers

With a variety of guns in hand, Joe leaps into the air and fires downward. Unlike someone like Barry Steakfries, however, Joe's got more of a varies arsenal, and is flung from side to side as he fires. He's got a total of three guns - a machine gun with middling spread and constant fire, a wide-spread shotgun with an incredibly powerful knockback (for Joe himself), and a sniper which has the most recoil despite only firing one bullet at a time. He'll try his best to balance between staying on the stage with his recoil and actually hitting opponents. Key word, try.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
(On this - I think it'd be due to the context of the recent reboot, specifically Blaster Master Zero, which has been handled by Inti Creates (an arguably indie company in spite of their history of working alongside other large companies like Capcom.)
I get that Inti Creates developed the Zero series, but seeing as the original series stems from a non-indie developer, that leaves it in a weird gray area. If there’s enough of a difference between the original Blaster Masters and the Zero series in terms of character and story, I’d be willing to accept Zero content exclusively.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I get that Inti Creates developed the Zero series, but seeing as the original series stems from a non-indie developer, that leaves it in a weird gray area. If there’s enough of a difference between the original Blaster Masters and the Zero series in terms of character and story, I’d be willing to accept Zero content exclusively.
Blaster Master Zero is intended to be a sort of "comprehensive retelling" of the original story, given that there were a lot of canonical holes across regions and the like (a lot of the original Blaster Master lore came from, of all things, a third-party book!), though differing from MetaFight itself due to its inclusion of in-game lore and more stuff to tie things together. However, the second and third games are almost completely original, using little more than concepts and characters to tell wholly new narratives and the like. Furthermore, even the first game introduces completely new characters and such, including Eve and the like, as well as new bosses and such.

D

Deleted member

I think, sadly, if the franchise isn't indie in origin, it wouldn't count. Same reason I haven't submitted River City Girls stuff dispite how much I love that game. I don't know nearly enough about this seires to know if that's the case here thiugh

FazDude

Smash Master
After mulling it over, I think I'm gonna have to put my foot down here and say Jason isn't eligible. I understand that BMZ is indie-developed, but given the series' origins being entirely non-indie, I don't think I can make an exception to the rule here. (this unfortunately means toejam and earl aren't eligble, so i'm taking an l here too)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Gunvolt alts win by default.
  • KOJ's Companion Cards will also be used by default.
----
Job 271: Submit three super moves for Gunvolt!
All-Star Strife operates on a three-level super system. These supers can be anything you want (installs, strong attacks, etc.), but you must have three.

Job 272: Submit animations for Gunvolt!
Please submit any of the following for Gunvolt:
  • Entrance animation
  • Three taunts
  • Three victory animations (victory theme optional)
These are voted on per category.

Submissions should close tomorrow afternoon - I am having some laptop maintenance done tomorrow, so if things go south regarding that, I'll make an update.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Submissions are closed!
  • KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Gunvolt alts win by default.
  • KOJ's Companion Cards will also be used by default.
----
Job 271: Submit three super moves for Gunvolt!
All-Star Strife operates on a three-level super system. These supers can be anything you want (installs, strong attacks, etc.), but you must have three.

Job 272: Submit animations for Gunvolt!
Please submit any of the following for Gunvolt:
  • Entrance animation
  • Three taunts
  • Three victory animations (victory theme optional)
These are voted on per category.

Submissions should close tomorrow afternoon - I am having some laptop maintenance done tomorrow, so if things go south regarding that, I'll make an update.
Job #271:
I'll give it a shot! Note that none of Gunvolt's specials use EP - I didn't think it'd be particularly fair in terms of balancing and the like. However, with them all being electrically inclined, they do retain the buff on opponents that have been Tagged.

Level I Super: Astrasphere

1662547340591.png

Calling aloud; "Lightning that flickers / Like a star, and purges all / That violate its realm! Astrasphere!", Gunvolt surrounds his body in a field of electricity with three orb-like instances of ball lightning surrounding him. The field multi-hits, whilst the orbs stun before knocking opponents away. Unlike his Neutral Special, this doesn't allow bolts to shoot off and hit Tagged opponents, nor does it allow him to move, but it does drastically slow his aerial descent and acts as a powerful AoE tool.

Level II Super: Grand Strizer

1662547096141.png

A stronger and larger form of Gunvolt's forward special, he shouts aloud; "Sacred sword agleam / Barbarous and bathed in blue / Cleaving right from wrong! Luxcalibur!" as he creates this powerful sword-like attack. It's a multi-hit and deals pretty massive damage, but only really in front of him - whilst being hit from behind does knock you into the blade, you really want to have your opponent in front of you to handle this best.

Level III Super: Voltaic Chains

1662547025485.png

Calling aloud; "Bolts of rebellion / A thunderous voice in his heart / Speaks of one true law! Voltaic Chains!", Gunvolt charges up his body before covering the screen in chains that flow with electricity. Characters hit by these chains are multi-hit before being blasted away with high knockback, but notably it is possible to actually dodge the chains - though they'll change up to try and hit opponents where possible.

And as for Job #272:

Entrance Animation:
From above, a bolt of blue lightning strikes the stage as a flurry of blue feathers appear at the point on the ground from which Gunvolt appears, standing up from his kneeling position and saying to himself, "Beginning Mission."

Taunts:
1. Gunvolt spins his pistol around his fingers as he holsters it, entering a power stance as electricity courses across his body. The taunt actually uses a very small amount of EP (essentially negligable, though) and is able to deal flinching damage to opponents hit by it.
2. Lumen appears from behind Gunvolt (with her design changing based on whether he's in his MGV3 or MGV1 alts) and flies around him, as Gunvolt turns his head to observe with a smile.
3. Standing with his gun beside him, Gunvolt lifts his arm close to his chest and sparks electricity from it. It's a reference to his key art from Azure Striker Gunvolt 2.

Victory Animations:

1. Leaping in from a roll, Gunvolt jumps into the air and fires a flurry of tags as his body sparks with electricity, with the splash screen mirroring his pose in a piece of promotional art for the first game in the series. It's more likely to occur if he's in his MGV1 alts.
2. A bolt of lightning strikes as Gunvolt floats in the air, mirroring his key art from Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 as he shimmers with electricity. This animation is more likely to occur if Gunvolt is in his MGV3 alts.
3. Leaping upward, gun in hand, Gunvolt sparks with electricity as the splash screen occurs. It's actually a reference to his key art from Mighty Gunvolt of all things - which is equally likely regardless of his current alt.

Victory Theme:
Gunvolt's Victory Theme changes slightly based on the current alt he's wearing. If in his MGV3 costumes, his victory theme will be pulled from that game, whilst if in his MGV1 costumes, it'll be pulled from that game instead. With the victory themes being similar in melody and only really differing in their instrumentation and the like, I think it'd be a cool way to represent them both. (Also, if a team of two Gunvolts wins in different alt styles, then the victory theme is picked based on the closest to being Player 1.) Also, as a cute bonus, if the third victory animation plays, Gunvolt's victory theme is changed to the 8-bit inspired rendition from Mighty Gunvolt. Whilst he technically has three unique victory themes, the melody is the same in each one, so it shouldn't mess with timing too much.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! All of KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's submissions win by default.
----
Job 273: Submit music for Sinner's Row!
Please submit six music tracks to play on the Sinner's Row stage. Ideally, these tracks should hail from any of the Azure Striker Gunvolt games, but exceptions can be made if a strong enough argument is made for why a non-ASG track should be allowed.

Job 274: Submit cards for the Azure Striker Gunvolt series!
Simply put, submit up to three characters from the series to gain collectible cards. Gunvolt will be given a card by default for obvious reasons, so please refrain from submitting him.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon! Just as a heads-up, I'm planning on rolling out the last wave of Gunvolt-centric jobs tomorrow, so the next round of fighter submissions should be either Friday or Saturday.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed. All of Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's submissions will be entered by default.
----
As promised, today will be the final set of jobs related to Gunvolt.

Job 275: Submit a Signature Item for Gunvolt!
Simply put, this should be an item which all fighters can use, but is better in some way when used by Gunvolt.

Job 276: Choose a boss for Gunvolt to fight in Arcade Mode!
Please choose a boss from this list for Gunvolt to fight. (Orlok Dracule has been excluded due to being a DLC boss.)
  • The Devil (Cuphead)
  • Big the Jonathan (100% Orange Juice)
  • Marie (Skullgirls)
  • Grimm / Nightmare King Grimm (Hollow Knight)
  • Risky Boots (Shantae)
  • DJ Music Man (Five Nights at Freddy's)
  • Hades (Hades)
  • Photoshop Flowey (UNDERTALE)
As my submission, I think it'd make sense for Gunvolt to fight DJ Music Man, as the latter is the most "futuristic" of the bosses and would fit with ASG's aesthetic the most.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed - I'd usually add on an extra day since we didn't get any Signature Item submissions, but to keep the thread going, I'll handle that myself. Gunvolt will also fight DJ Music Man by default.

This leads us to...
Job 277: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #9!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their series to appear as the focus of our ninth DLC pack. There is only one restriction; You cannot resubmit any character submitted in the previous round of voting. Here's a refresher of who cannot resubmit who.
  • FazDude: Dart Monkey (Bloons)
  • Tankman from Newgrounds: Normal Cat (Battle Cats)
  • Megadoomer: Juan (Guacamelee)
  • Justoneguyhere1999: Omori
Submissions will close tomorrow afternoon - I'll make my submissions later in the evening.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 (Ittle Dew/Slap City)

Ultra Fishbunjin is a character who's already playable in multiple platform fighters (Slap City, Fraymakers), a big grappler type character (which we don't have much of), and completely ridiculous.

I know I've nominated him before, but I figure "why not?"

Stage: Frozen Court (Slap City)

Every Smash-like game needs a Temple-like stage, right? (any Slap City stage aside from the one that's already in the game could have worked; I just didn't want to go with an interior or moving one) Plus, the stage seems like a good way to show off Fishbunjin's richocheting dumbbells mechanic.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
(Not me making a full write-up for Blade and Blue before realising they're essentially inelegible due to being Sonic OCs from a Smash fan-game LMAO)

Character Name: Bödvar
Character Origin: Brawlhalla

Central protagonist of a platform-fighter of his own, with a mastery of both the sword and the hammer, this Viking hero - who never died, choosing to break down the doors to Valhalla and let himself in - would feel like a natural inclusion into the world of All-Star Strife. Bödvar is in an interesting situation where there's actually quite a lot we could give to him, whilst also being able to use his own source material significantly in his moveset given... it's a plat-fighter. I'd imagine his moveset would either focus on him changing seamlessly between his sword and hammer, or my preferred option - a stance-change moveset where he gains different moves and marginally different properties based on what weapon he's using.

Whilst Brawlhalla has a lot of unique and interesting fighters to pick (and I came very close to submitting Orion due to his inherent uniqueness, interesting weapons and starting-roster state,) Bödvar would still be a striking and unique presence on the roster of All-Star Strife with his own mechanics, not to mention being essentially a no-brainer inclusion to bring in interest from that game's community. And he's got no shortage of content - his alts, for example, could easily be pulled directly from his various in-game skins!

Stage Name: Thundergard Stadium
Stage Origin: Brawlhalla

Whilst not Bödvar's home stage (rather being Thor's), it's nonetheless an interesting and fairly unique stage to see here - with massive crowds watching on in delight to see their favourite warriors duke it out. It's also where Bödvar busted his way into Valhalla! As a stage itself, there's not much going on - maybe a couple of fun easter eggs and bonuses could be seen in the crowd, but it's intended to be focused on more direct combat. However, there's the option to have the Small, Medium or Large forms of this stage when selected!

Top Bottom