• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylish Recovery

Do you think bombs are over or under utilized?

• Over- Only good for recovery and SWD

• Under- They let you “Super Short Hop” into instant aerials

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cr3am

Smash Rookie
So I saw Goomy do this thing where he would walljump on recovery or drop from the ledge with invincibility and walljump, then turn around super missile and air dodge grapple the ledge.
It was really cool looking too so I started to practice it, and it’s actually a very effective mixup as I’ve seen so far. On most stages (not Yoshis) a horizontal air dodge to tether will sweet spot the ledge and it’s a bit harder for most characters to punish since walljump puts you outside most tilt ranges. AND you get a free missile off, which can clear up the stage for an easy ledge dash.
Anyway, it’s relatively easy to pull off and something I thought I’d share cause I don’t see enough Samus’ doing it.

Cheers and happy bounty hunting

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
I like doing this too. It's not bad, though depending on the location you walljump, you can get hit by an invincible (or even non-invincible) ledge aerial or event a long-ranged ground move like marth fsmash.

Basically, don't do it every time, but it's fine to do it sometimes :)

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
Yeah Samus has so many cool niche tech options that you can use as long as you mix it up. I definitely think they could be developed more or at least optimized. I'm probably a little biased as a Samus main but I think Samus is one of the most undeveloped characters.

Top Bottom