• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On You! Two! A Western New York Tournament. March 13th Payout and Stages vote

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If any stages had to stay from what I just stated, it would be jungle japes and pictochat. The others would have to go. Trust me, if you gave these stages to NJ and had to play them, you would see the damage and gay stuff they will do to you.

And something else I noticed. Lylat is a counterpick. it should be a legal stage and PS1 should be a counterpick.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I was going to make a big *** post but I'm not going to beat a dead horse here. You changed the cp list, and I don't have to much of a problem with it anymore.(Last edited 2:09am)

I don't like pictochat personally, but its not distant planet or ps2 so I'll live.

Sharky

Smash Master
ok so my MM list at present:

goggles yoshi vs sonic Bo3
altairian 1 game on distant planet

anyone else?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You think lylat is more neutral than ps1 Dark? theyre pretty much interchangable afaic...

sharky
10$ bo3 distant planet only.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is your tourny dude, so I am not gonna tell you how to run this thing, really if I am coming from NYC which is like a 5 hour drive. But here is what We uses in NY/NJ and other areas around this region.

Super Smash Bros Brawl RULES

Singles 1 v 1 and Doubles 2 v 2

Double elimination

3 stock, Time limit is 8 minutes, Best 2 out of 3 matches.

50 ledge grab rule- if players time each other in a match and if one of the other players go over 50 ledge grabs.... the player that went over 50 lg's loses the match.

All types of stalling are banned. Stalling at last 30 seconds of timer is one thing but several minutes is unacceptable. If a player is stalling.... call a ref... and explain what he was doing. continue the match to the match is finished and then save the replay and show it to the ref. Then the ref will check out the replay and determined whether the player was stalling or not.

You may not counterpick a stage that you won on.

You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree.

DOUBLES: Team attack is on/ Life stealing is on

SET ORDER ON HOW TO START A MATCH IN BRAWL

1. Players choose their characters and Blind pick is enable for the first match

2. Players beging to stage strike till one stage is left

3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpick of the set

4. The first match begins.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match stage from either the neutral or counter pick stage list.

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character, unless the loser decided to go random on the stage.... if so the winner cannot change character.

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for the next matches of the set.

Neutral stages

Final destination

Battlefield

Yoshi's island

Smashville

Lylat cruise

Counterpick stages

Delfino plaza

Frigate orpheon

Battleship Halberd

Castle siege

Rainbow cruise

Brinstar

Pokemon stadium 1

No standing or walking ddd chaingrab. the player must run and grab with ddd.

If both players have one stock and one of the players caught the other player with a suicide move.... the player that initiated the move wins automatically no matter if the opponent wins or it was tie. I did this cause in this game.... controller port counts as to if you win, lose or tie and i think it's stupid. to make it simple if you get caught by a suicide move... you lose. plain and simple.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the match, because time ran out.. the player with the most stock wins the match. If both players have the same amount of stock, then it is decided by percentage. If both players have the same amount of stock and percentage, the players will quit the sudden death, set the stock count to one and restart the match.

Sharky

Smash Master
You think lylat is more neutral than ps1 Dark? theyre pretty much interchangable afaic...

sharky
10$ bo3 distant planet only.
make it $5 because I'm a poor man and can only scrounge up so much to bring in the first place, and you've got yourself a deal.

edit: I think lylat was dropped for a while but then people started preferring it again when they realized that the tilting really wasn't all that bad.

edit2: I'm fine with either personally, but I think lylat is more neutral. Just my opinion though, I'd wait and see what everyone else thinks.

altairian

Smash Lord
Sharky I said I'd play you on distant planet on wifi, I never said MM :p

The ONLY MM's I will be playing will be against any melee kids who wish to try and see how easy it is to win with mk/snake.

And DP, how often in your experience does lylat actually get used in game 1's of sets? I'm really curious, since I play a character that pretty much insta-strikes it in 98% of matchups so maybe I'm just too biased against the stage to understand why it's set as a neutral at tourneys. I personally see PS1 as a more viable starter stage because it will actually get used, but maybe I'm wrong and lylat is more commonly used than I believe.

Sharky

Smash Master
goggles what do you say about 5 bucks?

and alt, I played my first game on lylat in two out of my five pools matches at vc, just to give a brief example.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sharky I said I'd play you on distant planet on wifi, I never said MM :p

The ONLY MM's I will be playing will be against any melee kids who wish to try and see how easy it is to win with mk/snake.

And DP, how often in your experience does lylat actually get used in game 1's of sets? I'm really curious, since I play a character that pretty much insta-strikes it in 98% of matchups so maybe I'm just too biased against the stage to understand why it's set as a neutral at tourneys. I personally see PS1 as a more viable starter stage because it will actually get used, but maybe I'm wrong and lylat is more commonly used than I believe.
It has happen. But that is not the point. The only thing different about that stage is that is tilts a lil. Thats it. With PS1, That stage tends to change into three different things. Game play tends to change due to this. On lylat it does not. And nothing happens there at all. You fight the same way from start to finish.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
It's a little ironic to see this since PS1 is a godly pikachu stage. Lots of space to thunderjolt and approach at leisure on normal and grass stages, huge ground/air mixups on rock, etc. I recall a very specific match goggles had with pikapika where he was flipping out running for his life for like, 10 seconds without ever stopping because pikachu can get control so easy on rock stage. It was pretty funny, actually.

Foy

Smash Champion
if there wasnt so much expensive technical equipment, id say we could do it inside.

its been way too long since i played.

also, Im shaping up with a possible secret counterpick character for this tourney. brawl and melee.
el oh el doc

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im glad some stages got changed. This tournaments looks good. Cant wait to see everyone again!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
It's a little ironic to see this since PS1 is a godly pikachu stage. Lots of space to thunderjolt and approach at leisure on normal and grass stages, huge ground/air mixups on rock, etc. I recall a very specific match goggles had with pikapika where he was flipping out running for his life for like, 10 seconds without ever stopping because pikachu can get control so easy on rock stage. It was pretty funny, actually.
OMG I REMEMBER THAT!

lol madd ghey

el oh el doc

I was actually thinking about using game and watch against fox for pure surprise factor but that didnt work out any better than ganon when we were practicing over the weekend.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
WTF is this soul silver stuff ppl are talking about? Can I smoke it? Sounds like a good strand

Jk u kids and pokemanz. I only play red blue yellow only and only recognize season 1. . I have heard silver n gold are **** good so maybe one day

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Low tier 3v3 char battle

my Zelda, young link, Roy v anyone elses low tier team
Mana you have the best ideas. I swear we are playing so much at this tournament.

Also, I started Gold two days ago, and have already missed two homework assignments due to it >_>

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I hope I'm allowed to say this, but Foy, you could just [ILLEGAL] Soul Silver, and play it on no$gba. Its turn based, so keyboard controls wouldn't be too bad

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yes! Foy. Please illegal Soul Silver. Then legal this tournament.

P.S....

I want to hang out =(

can't wait for da weekeeeeeeend

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
If you got it @ Gamestop SS doesn't come out till Sunday anyways.

Sharky, our team name is epic, but I want us to try and top it. Tell me if you think of anything.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
this is a bit off topic but, 1337, If there is a fest friday, do you think you can pick me up? Cause if not, then I won't be able to make it. I'll still be able to make the tournament though. Oh and I might be maining NESS for this tournament.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Anyways, I just learned quite a few tricks with Ike recently. I will be trying to put them to the test this weekend..

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
your going to counter slide off the stage, and than try to jab and nair to your doom.

... and this is why i lurk the ike social.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
yeah distant planet sucks.

Sup, bro

I've come to the conclusion it's impossible to practice virtually anything worthwhile on my weegee without an actual person. Only real tech is crawldash (which I dunno yet,) and my weegee is way too headgames to not have a human opponent, either.

Top Bottom