• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On You! Two! A Western New York Tournament. March 13th Payout and Stages vote

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ok, well i really dont care what the back room says about legals stages. Its about having the intelligence to know whats a **** stage and whats not. And there is clearly alot of **** on that cp list.

Snipes1

Smash Rookie
Yo what up guys i am looking for a partner to play doubles with my main character is Meta Knight. I think jungle japes should be a counter pick for singles not doubles this map stops people from planking because there is the crocodile to worry about if you are going to be gay and plank but if you agruement for not putting it on the counter picks is because of the water at the bottom of the level just dont get stuck in the water if you are good enough it wont be an issue. You can also meteor people through the water i have been meteored through the water before put you need to be at around 80%ish to get meteored through the water.

Snipes1

Smash Rookie
Canada I live about 5 and a half hour from where the tourny is going to be held

Snipes1

Smash Rookie
are you serious pictochat is on are you dumb there are so many glitches with that map. The kirby glitch and there are a lot of random things that can happen which makes this map a lot more luck based and also makes this tourny look like a joke. Seriouly this map is really bad and should be taken off i know what map i am always going to ban and if its not banned i am just going to trying and get all the players to agree not to play on it because its that bad and even that skyworld map for doubles that is seriously messsed up!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
May I ask if you used the RPS stage list (Western Canadian tournament series) and adapted it a little bit? The hanenbow doubles only is what makes me think this. Either way I am glad that other regions are being more liberal with stages instead of letting brawl a slow painful boring death.

What glitches are you talking about snipes?

Snipes1

Smash Rookie
These maps need to be taken off the counter picks or i am just going to abuse the things that are wrong with them and the tounry will be no fun.

Distant Planet (this map is just not that good because of the random sense of the flowers being different numbers know if they were always the same number then there would be nothing wrong with this map)
Green Greens (king de de de chain grab will kill just about anybody off the side of the stage)
Pictochat (Kirby Glitch, Deadly spikes, flowers, missles, sliding carts, wind blowing, that line goes across the screen in a 45 degree angle and if you are trying to recover from that edge and that line comes i have seen someone lose a game because that line prevented them from grabbing the edge)
Hanenbow (doubles)

Snipes1

Smash Rookie
on the right edge of pitcochat down special with kirby and see what happens not the left edge i think its only the right edge

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You said there are a lot of glitches with the stage, you listed one. I believe the kirby glitch is stalling, so that's not even an issue. I am not 100% sure though. If I am wrong then that means it's beatable. Either way the glitch would make no difference at all.

Snipes1

Smash Rookie
what are about that line that appears sometimes across the screen at a 45 degree angle from the one corner to about the top of the stage if you are trying to recover and that line appears i am pretty sure it blocks off the edge so you dont grab the edge and you die which is BS.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
this^^ alot stages r dumb and they r legit for this tournament? =/ i dont know if the tournament is really competitive or not

Snipes1

Smash Rookie
ok whatever but green greens should not be played this stage is not wide enough and the balloon can be abused and pitcochat has many problems these are stages that really need to be taken off even if it is not competitive.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Pictochat is boss. I think you're just mad because the stage draws better than you. :D

altairian

Smash Lord
snipes

paragraphs are your friend.

also nobody here knows who the heck you are, so easy on the spamming the thread. You have an opinion that's great, but remember yours isn't the only one that matters, and if you don't like the stage list nobody's forcing you to come.

Personally, I'm fine with every stage but green greens. Green greens sucks.

Sharky

Smash Master
boo hoo, you don't have a ledge on one side for about 20 seconds. Recover on the stage, then, odds are the person isn't there waiting for you because he got stuck on the other side of the line.

Kirby's thing will most likely count as stalling, but any character with a decent grab range can just grab him out of it, anyway. (btw he's talking about the infinite down-b thing on the slopes on the sides of the stage).

the spikes...I dunno, don't get hit by them?

Everything people complain about on this stage can be avoided by simply knowing where things are, when the stage is about to transform, and not putting yourself in places where you become at risk. It's really that simple guys. The only stupid thing about this stage is that some of the transformations encourage standstills. But hey, if we can't stand that, then why's PS1 a neutral?

Distant planet...you're saying it's broken because you can change the value of the tokens? Wow, your priorities are pretty messed up XD. If you come to the tourney I'm totally MMing you. People complain about the walk off slope, but that should only come into play if you go over there and let yourself get punished. There's so much room to maneuver on this stage, so unless you're going against MK, you shouldn't get gimped unless you let it happen. And hey, let's face it, MK has far better CP's that here.

Green Greens...there's a balloon? Are we talking about the same stage? This is indeed a pretty dumb stage, but...yeah. The thing is, almost all the stupid stuff can be avoided here too, you just have to keep moving, and not be a dumb-*** by hitting the bombs. Big issues here: blocks falling on top of people, block piles enabling d3 to wall infinite (just camp d3, don't be stupid and situate yourself in a bad spot, and this won't happen), bomb blocks falling and hitting someone, and exploding apples. The insanely low boundaries are also really annoying. But hey, all this does is give some chars a cp. There's nothing that makes it "broken", it just forces a different strategy.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sharky has the right Idea about pictochat, its really not bad once you learn how to deal with the stage, everything that it has is avoidable and has a much more perceived effect than in reality. example people will get upset because the flames knocked them back and forth 5 times, with out realising that the flames only do 1% a piece. and that any follow up your opponent could have done would have been worse. it also breaks d3s chain grab. and as far as the kirby glitch goes, it can be used excessively to stall but if anybody plays against the person that I taught how to do that and calls me/bry over to enforce my no stalling rule, than its not an issue either. not to mention the fact than it can only last for about five seconds and than kirby is forced to transform back and be vulnerable for a little while.

green greens seems to have a lot of hate behind it, and unless somebody speaks up besides sharky, ill just ban it because its seems that thats what the people want. distant planet id like to hear more opinions about, because aside from the left side walk off, which is negated by the waterfall alot of the time and the odd angles that it forces you to play on, I really dont see anything wrong or game breaking with that stage. feel free to prove me wrong, im very open minded on these things.

Also, the only real reason hanenbow is banned normally is because theres an issue with running away and circle camping. and that issue is pretty much thrown out the window, when theres 4 players on the field. so unless you can give me a legitamate reason to ban it other than "its a stupid stage and I dont like it" I see no reason to ban it. Ill ban a stage if theres overwhelming disdain for it, as what seems to be the case with green greens, or if somebody can honestly discuss it and prove to me that the stage is broken or overcentralising. But since most people that dont like a stage are so quick to condemn that they dont really do their research, and any body that wants a stage banned probably doesnt know as much about the stage as i do, so I dont see that happening.

OHSNAP JASH IS COMING?

sweeeeeett. I might team with you...

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Googles no one wants to team with u in doubles u suck. Besides i already hit jash up. Frannie needs a teammate :]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow, thats messed up cura, a really good player decides to drive mad long to come to a tourney, asks for a partner and you just set him up with somebody thats the equivalent of saying "eff you guy, you arent placing in doubles at this tourney."

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Frannie is mad good in doubles. Better than you probably better than myself. But there is a reason your currently teammate less for this event :/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
nah *****, if shes better than me, let her prove it, team money match, same partners we use at the tournament.

dont talk for her if shes not gonna back it up.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
she doesnt money match Lol. I can talk for her cause i know shes better than you in teams Lol G@ME

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Then your talk is meaningless cause she wont put her money where your mouth is.

that just means your stupid for talking for her, and shes afraid to back you up.

but i guess we'll just see in the tourney.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
*internet get*
Hype this stuff UUUP?

Also, hearing this CP talk, I would've said something brief "I don't like green greens," but honestly it's not a huge gripe for me either. I'm cool with it gone, but also indifferent because the likelihood of me staying in brawl and having someone CP that on me is... low, lol. Generally people have their own "home turf" CPs they're just good on not entirely dependent on specific character gimmicks or what not. Or at least that's my reasoning. Generally, the payout for "Oh I'll choose this just because I know I can do this" is lower than "I rock at this stage, hard."

Did MOSS iron out if he's getting an out-of-area teammate, teaming with me, or whatever? I need to know if I should add myself to the random teammmate pool.

Snipes1

Smash Rookie
fine da kid ban green greens so i can always ban pitcochat as a counter pick because i am fine with all the other stages

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this reminds me, im out of practice on pictochat, I need to practice it a bit to reacclimate my eyes to the drawings.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I'm still looking for a melee team mate. Soma ghost offered but tbqh, i don't know who he is, and i'd like to know if i can get a backup?

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
Pyro idk if PinPoint is gonna team with me, but if not I'll team with you in melee.

Green Greens issue - Personally I hate the stage very much, however it did get Neil to knock san into losers last tourney...so part of me wants it on. :p no offense san

Distant Planet - dude...theres what 1 usable ledge on this map? the ledge on the cliff seems more like a last resort kinda thing and chances are if you use it the water is going to stop you from recovering...that and the fact that the thing that eats you is almost as bad as the fish that eats you on icicle mountain. i like that the main platform of this stage is small because you can pull a lot of BS with someone who has range, but all together i believe the stage is flawed

Sharky

Smash Master
Pyro idk if PinPoint is gonna team with me, but if not I'll team with you in melee.

Green Greens issue - Personally I hate the stage very much, however it did get Neil to knock san into losers last tourney...so part of me wants it on. :p no offense san

Distant Planet - dude...theres what 1 usable ledge on this map? the ledge on the cliff seems more like a last resort kinda thing and chances are if you use it the water is going to stop you from recovering...that and the fact that the thing that eats you is almost as bad as the fish that eats you on icicle mountain. i like that the main platform of this stage is small because you can pull a lot of BS with someone who has range, but all together i believe the stage is flawed
I don't really see how the water can mess with a recovery, you'll have to explain that one to me lol. I actually like hanging out on the water/the ledge there during the rainy part. And if you get eaten by the monster regularly, then I'm totally counterpicking you there cause that's just fail right there.

edit@goggles: eevee really isn't that bad of teammate, stop trashing her just because you're upset about being left for a monkey.

Top Bottom