• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On You! Two! A Western New York Tournament. March 13th Payout and Stages vote

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Top 3 Melee placement predictions:

1st: JesiahTEG
2nd: Vicious
3rd: TheManaLord

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I would definitely put my boy mana in top 2 this tournament :D. I have faith hes mad good.

Edit:

Jesiah Pikapika and Manalord all in top 3. Dont know which order , I feel like there all fairly close in skill and anything could happen.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
I would definitely put my boy mana in top 2 this tournament :D. I have faith hes mad good.

Edit:

Jesiah Pikapika and Manalord all in top 3. Dont know which order , I feel like there all fairly close in skill and anything could happen.
Thems fightin' words boy

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
We'll see what happens when it happens, I'm not limiting myself to predictions anymore. The canadians showed me enough about certain matchups that I needed help with...

and with a couple new characters...

EDIT: if I lose to a certain someone I'm challenging them to a $50 cast battle which can happen any time before the end of the semester. And if they don't accept... well we'll just see about that.

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm probably one of the most edited posters on smashboards... thanks Cura, I wanna get down to practice as soon as I can. Definitely at least once before this.

TRIPLE EDIT: Neil's prediction is rofl

QUAD EDIT: Steffon if you put yourself above me put yourself above Jesse also. Have some faith in yourself.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: if I lose to a certain someone I'm challenging them to a $50 cast battle which can happen any time before the end of the semester. And if they don't accept... well we'll just see about that.

QUAD EDIT: Steffon if you put yourself above me put yourself above Jesse also. Have some faith in yourself.
I already decline your cast battle MM.

Ok. As long as I'm playing my best, I think I could have a shot at Jesse. Time to practice like a demon.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm considering skipping out on this one, depending on how much money I get in the meantime.

However, if a friend of mine gets a certain job he's applying for and hires me, I shouldn't have a problem money wise.

EDIT: I NEED A TEAMMATE CAUSE CJT QUIT!!!! I'd like to think that I'm a pretty decent doubles partner, I've gotten no lower than 5th (and 5th only once) since last fall. Someone get at me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
boy, your placings mean nothing, we never have more than 10 teams in our tournaments lol.

nobody ever knows who they are going to team with before the day of, I guarantee that youll find a partner at your skill leve. all you gotta do is show up. maybe you can play with angel if he doesnt bring any of his boys this time.

my only prediction for melee is that neil plays the game no more than 3 times in the next month and a half, and still places in the money.

neil if we team again, I declare that our team name is gonna be, "The best team in New York"

speaking of which, jesse, Ive never teamed with you for any tournament ever in life before, play with me in brawl.
sonic/snake= madd good.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Random neutrals?

Loooool. I would just like to point out that the TO's character preforms best on two neutrals which are banned or striked 99% of the time. KID this is honestly the most selfish decision i've seen in being a TO.
It's pretty clear to me that you have some sort of belief that you have lost matches due to people striking or banning your "good stages"...because logically there is no argument for doing away with a system that allows each player removing 2 stages they don't want to play on and coming to an agreement on what is neutral. Next one should be even more epic: Stylin' On You! Three! Yoshi's Island and FD only. Cmon man...and pointing people to like 2 day old vids from the japanese does not prove your point. Can you do the tech in that vid? Can anyone consistantly do it? Results exclaiming "that japanese tech is why (insert diddy) lost"?Your changing rules based on "what-ifs"...how logical is that?
GL with the tourney tho. Hope it runs well.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Random neutrals?

Loooool. I would just like to point out that the TO's character preforms best on two neutrals which are banned or striked 99% of the time. KID this is honestly the most selfish decision i've seen in being a TO.
It's pretty clear to me that you have some sort of belief that you have lost matches due to people striking or banning your "good stages"...because logically there is no argument for doing away with a system that allows each player removing 2 stages they don't want to play on and coming to an agreement on what is neutral. Next one should be even more epic: Stylin' On You! Three! Yoshi's Island and FD only. Cmon man...and pointing people to like 2 day old vids from the japanese does not prove your point. Can you do the tech in that vid? Can anyone consistantly do it? Results exclaiming "that japanese tech is why (insert diddy) lost"?Your changing rules based on "what-ifs"...how logical is that?
^^ Get ***** kylee.

Im down for whatever ICs are good on all neutrals! wippie!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Random neutrals?

id like to point out that the TO as a player hasnt won a tournament game on battlefield in probably 6 months+ now, ive banned for almost every set and stricken it in almost every set Ive played for about 3 months

so hmmm, theres 4 nuetrals, sonic does good on 2 of them, and KID autoloses on one of them, your view on this is probably dependant on which of those facts matters more to you. but the way I see it i have a chance to be on a good stage, or a bad stage, but how ever well me or my character does on that stage really doesnt matter because they are nuetral regardless.

It's pretty clear to me that you have some sort of belief that you have lost matches due to people striking or banning your "good stages"...
its more like Im kinda feeling like im crippled by my fear of bf, and so I want to force my self to get better by making myself play matchups that may or may not be really good for me on that stage

dang man, you really quick to just assume the worst of people, maybe thats how people get down in jersey, but up here in NYS, its not all about lookin out for number 1, or else this discusssion wouldnt be taking place anyway.

because logically there is no argument for doing away with a system that allows each player removing 2 stages they don't want to play on and coming to an agreement on what is neutral.
i personally dont feel that that arrangement = coming to an agreement on what is nuetral

Next one should be even more epic: Stylin' On You! Three! Yoshi's Island and FD only. Cmon man...

to be honest, its probably going to be smashville and battlefield only...

and pointing people to like 2 day old vids from the japanese does not prove your point. Can you do the tech in that vid? Can anyone consistantly do it?
I can, I spent something like a couple hours practicing it last night.
Results exclaiming "that japanese tech is why (insert diddy) lost"?Your changing rules based on "what-ifs"...how logical is that?
I would have made that rule regardless, that fact that a video just came out half a week ago showing that diddy isnt that broken on fd was just a coincidence.
if you really mean that, you should come.

If people really have a problem with random neutrals, in the sake of making this tournament for the people, I will change the rule but i need to know how many people feel what way because I dont want to change the rule because 2 people (one of which doesnt even live here) were loud about it but everyone else wanted to and complains to me at the tourney. so speak up with what you want.

and if you to do striking, how do you feel about SV, BF, and FD only for nuetrals?

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
And of course you have to do this to me when I don't have the money to go, Goggles. D: Whenever I can get down there, I'm so gonna beat you up dude. XD

-Googs

Smash Lord
Striking imo.

I can make it down from Toronto and house with my cousins in Lima most likely, How many people do you expect to come? Curious to what the pot is looking like.

Kantō

Smash Champion
word to the bird.

couple things after JUST reading everything in this thread.

ffx-2 is def. not not the best cura lol.

ps1 for nuetral!!!!!!

leets copy of brawl has been given to him and me and al found his wii in his trunk last night hahahahahahahaha i ****in love it.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Striking IMO

I'm hyped for this. Honestly though, I've got a lot going on so I probably wont be training as much as I'd like.

@Alt: T_T

Anyone wanna team with me? <_<' '>_>

Sharky

Smash Master
That sounds like something I could do actually, but none of that red-headed step-children **** for the name lol.

LMAO@AL XDDDDDD

and I vote for striking, btw.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
word to the bird.

couple things after JUST reading everything in this thread.

ffx-2 is def. not not the best cura lol.

ps1 for nuetral!!!!!!

leets copy of brawl has been given to him and me and al found his wii in his trunk last night hahahahahahahaha i ****in love it.
Quoted so more people see it. This is good

Kantō

Smash Champion
hang on guys yea it was very stupid and very funny but a copy of brawl and a copy of melee are still lost and considered stolen ATM.

hahah u should have seen his face, priceless....

Kantō

Smash Champion
you each pick a stage that you dont wanna play on , you pick then they pick and so on until there is only 1 stage left to play on.

altairian

Smash Lord
I hate stage striking.

I quite frankly don't even get the point of it... Could someone waste their time explaining it to me?
The point is to get as close to agreeing on a "neutral" stage for your first game as possible. Because the first game is supposed to be on a stage that's as close to fair for both characters/players as is possible. Since sets are best of 3 (excluding finals, nitpickers), it doesn't make sense for one player to get the advantage stage-wise twice in one set, that's stacking the odds in their favor.

Stage striking isn't perfect, but at least it's predictable. Random stage is well, random. And using goggles as an example, he says that he's lost every tourney game he's ever played on battlefield (exaggeration or not, lets roll with it). So lets say his first 3 matches he gets BF as his random neutral (VERY possible), and since goggles always loses on that stage, he naturally loses those games. So he basically has to 2-0 each of those opponents in order to win those sets, since the first game was an auto-loss for him due to stage. Is that fair? Not really.

Top Bottom