• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On You! Two! A Western New York Tournament. March 13th Payout and Stages vote

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5bMaiFKZ0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AobbAr7e20M&feature=related

Stylin' On You! TWO!
SBR Certified and Enhanced

A K.I.D.Goggles Production. In association with Cyberstorm Gaming.

We are back! Rochester Smash! Ready to Style harder than ever before, so bring everything you got. But dont step up, unless you ready to GET SMACKED RIGHT BACK DOWN!

Where?

This event will be held at Cyberstorm Gaming, in Henrietta.
3047 West Henrietta Road
Henrietta, New York. 14623

Who?
Being run by myself.
K.I.D.Goggles.
Facebook:Search KIDGoggles or Kyle Flournoy
cell: 585-269-8444
aim: KIDGoggles
email: kid689@earthlink.net

There should be ABSOLUTELY no reason anybody gets lost, or doesnt know whats going on, its not possible to NOT get in contact with me.

With help from Co-TOs:
Cura and Kanto:

When?
Saturday, March 13th.

Based on the last 3 events I have had a part of running later than I would like, I am going to be running a much tighter ship and because of this, you need to be responsible for what you are doing. Because you might get DQ'd/not entered into brackets and this is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

Schedule (Tentative)

11 am. Arrival, friendlies, and REGISTRATION. (if you arent registered, by the time your event starts, you will NOT be entered. It is YOUR responsibility to register for all event upon entering the building.)

Noon: Brawl Doubles will start. Note that For ALL bracket designated times, ALL TVS AVAILABLE will be used to play bracket matches, AND THERE WILL BE NO FRIENDLIES OR MONEY MATCHES. I am giving you Plenty of time to play friendlies, and if everyone plays their matches in a mannerable/timely fashion you will have tons of time to play friendlies after. So NO friendlies during tournament. unless it is on the spare tvs while the amount of matches left in brackets is less than the tvs available. and I will be running part of singles and doubles at the same time so therefore the only time friendlies/money matches will be available are before the tourney, between melee and brawl (which is also food break time) and after all events have concluded, unless I otherwise designate.

~2:00 Brawl singles will start. Based on expected number of entrants, by this time there should only be finals matches to be played in doubles, and all 3 of those matches, can and should be be played at once, and on 1 tv.

~5:00 Break/Food/Game switch/Friendly/MM time. I am undecided whether I will make this a half hour or a full hour. Feel free to help me decide.

~6:00 Melee Doubles will begin.

~8:00 Melee singles starts.

Note that these are tentative times and will be entirely dependant on you as a participant so I highly suggest that you show up AT LEAST 1-2 hours early for whatever event youd like to enter.

What?

There will be a 10 dollar venue fee added additionally to use the awesomely lighted, climate controlled, spacious facilities of the Cyberstorm LAN center. Facilities that will be used much more efficiently this time around because we will have multiple extention cords running from the main power lines out to the couches in the open space near the door. (THANKS IN ADVANCE TO PYRO)

Brawl Singles: 5$
Brawl Doubles: 10$ per team (5$ per person)
Melee Singles: 5$
Melee Doubles: 10$ per team (5$ per person)

We NEED More SETUPS!

IF WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH SETUPS, WE WONT GET THROUGH EVERYTHING!! AND WE DONT LIKE NOT GETTING THROUGH OUR EVENTS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

As many wiis and gamecubes as people have the abilty to bring will be massively helpful, although you definitely should take the time to personalise or in some way mark your wii (and tv and gamecube and even disks) to differentiate between your wiis and other wiis. This has never been a problem in this area (until recently), but it never hurts to make sure when it comes to things of this nature.

Neither myself, nor Cyberstorm Gaming can be held responsible for lost or stolen items. I apologise for this, but currently, Im not rolling in money over here, and trying to hold our venue responsible for something of this nature I feel would be unethical. So please take the time to make sure that you leave with all and only your possessions. If that means packing up your stuff when you leave to get food, so be it. though, since this is going to be held at an official business, and most likely with less people than syracuse smash 2, I dont think things will get so out of hand. This is a respectable business and I believe that people will be watching to make sure nobody takes equipment without people noticing, so feel free to bring as much equipment as possible.

Brawl rules.
As with all of my tournaments I encourage anyone that has issue with my slightly eccentric ruleset to speak up. Should it be necessary, I will have shiri or chis or whoever make a poll to determine a ruling, and this discussion will be taking place here, and anyone that has any input, feel free to add to the discussion.

3 Stock

7 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches

All Sets are treated as new sets, and Continuation sets will NOT be in effect.

Winner's Losers's and Grand finals will all be best of 5 sets.

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

All suicide moves, with both players on their last stock will count as a win for the person that initiated the move.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned. I will determine on the spot what stalling is and will warn and DQ players at my own discretion. You dont know what my judgement is like, so its in your best interest to not test me.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Stage striking will be used to select the first stage.

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter:

Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Hanenbow (Doubles only)

Banned
Everything else

Additional Rules for Doubles Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion

Ammended MG DQ Rule.

If you are informed of your match, and you cant find your opponent (you need to look for them first) tell one of the TOs, I will announce that that player has a match (yall know that I am loud, and black, and if I need to be heard in that building I will be heard.) and if 5 minutes pass and that person still has not reported to their match, they will take an automatic lose for that match.

Melee Rules
Official MBR ruleset.

Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
  • Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
  • The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

Redwood Counter Pick System

1. Blind Picks character selection.
  2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
  3. The first match is played.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
  5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
  7. The losing player picks character.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

• Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regards to the tournament. In other words, players are responsible for:

1. Being familiar with the rule set and stage list
    2. Entrance and venue fees
    3. Arriving on time
    4. Maintaining personal hygiene
    5. Controllers and Character Knowledge
    6. Minimizing Johns

• No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the Tournament Host's attention.
  • The Tournament Host reserves the right at any time to make anyone leave the premises of the tournament.
  • For all Melee tournaments, use of the character Metaknight is banned.

For both games, the use of stalling is banned, if you perceive your opponent to be stalling, pause the match, and call a TO over, where they will watch the rest of the match and make a call as to whether anybody will be DQd for stalling.

THE KID RULE!

COACHING is BANNED.

In general WNY tradition. Trash-talking is ENCOURAGED, but intentionally telling a player of anothers tendancies or habits mid game is coaching and will be dealt with sternly. DO NOT DO IT.

NOTE. THE KID RULE DOES NOT APPLY TO PARTNERS IN A DOUBLES MATCH

Payouts will follow the payout
(singles)
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

(doubles)
1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%

In addition to the venue fee, Cyberstorm will be receiving a 10% cut of the entrance fees. I think this is fair and worth the money, if youve never been there, trust me, its a really nice place.

And last but not least, the airsoft rule.
Any player that loses any set will be allowed to be shot by hammerbros airsoft gun for five minutes after the conclusion of their set.

NOTE. The airsoft rule will only apply, if hammerbro ACTUALLY SHOWS UP TO THE TOURNAMENT.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Too bad I have approximately zero chance of making this...

Maybe I'll get to attend tournies more often when I'm in college.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Im sure me and Central Ny will be attending this. And im fairly certain Central will dominate brawl. Unless jesse starts playing again! hes so good!

_ this is cura!

altairian

Smash Lord
Someone's gonna have to give me a **** good reason why I should use my days off in that week to attend this tourney instead of play FF13. And I have played every FF game since 8 from start to finish in the span of 4 or 5 days, so I'm dead serious when I say this lol.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Someone's gonna have to give me a **** good reason why I should use my days off in that week to attend this tourney instead of play FF13. And I have played every FF game since 8 from start to finish in the span of 4 or 5 days, so I'm dead serious when I say this lol.
to give dudtsai a ride ^_ ^ and others possibly from cuse it on the way

altairian

Smash Lord
lol giving people a ride isn't good enough! You definitely don't understand how deep my fanboyism of final fantasy runs. I know that if I don't go then there's basically no chance snakeee can go, and he's pretty much guaranteed to win money if he goes, and this fact is not stopping me from planning on playing FF instead of going to this tourney ;)

Give me a GOOD reason :o

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Dang. i forgot about that. I need a teammate now.

-Cura

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lol giving people a ride isn't good enough! You definitely don't understand how deep my fanboyism of final fantasy runs. I know that if I don't go then there's basically no chance snakeee can go, and he's pretty much guaranteed to win money if he goes, and this fact is not stopping me from planning on playing FF instead of going to this tourney ;)

Give me a GOOD reason :o
to help our region haha if that's not good enough then GTFO!!!!!!!!! or just bring it with you and use a car adapter so you can play in the car too

EDIT: here's a bad review, only 70%
http://community.eu.playstation.com...view-Scores-March-2010-Issue-124/m-p/10159274

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
@Blue Peachy:

Good luck. **** be out for blood these days. It's going to be fierce.

lol giving people a ride isn't good enough!
People tend to be really grateful when you help them out. Getting Dudutsai here would be really awesome dude.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
"I have played every FF game since 8 from start to finish in the span of 4 or 5 days, so I'm dead serious when I say this lol." No FF7? 8, and 9 are great but 7 is F***ing the greatest!!!

oh and I'll try and make this. date is open as of now(:

altairian

Smash Lord
"I have played every FF game since 8 from start to finish in the span of 4 or 5 days, so I'm dead serious when I say this lol." No FF7? 8, and 9 are great but 7 is F***ing the greatest!!!

oh and I'll try and make this. date is open as of now(:
Well, 7 is the one that started my fanboyism, but I was pretty young when I played it and I didn't have my own tv to play on plus I still thought school mattered, so it took me like 3 weeks in total to beat it I think, I had trouble with the last boss cause I was kinda noobish :p

I'm actually probably going to be calling in to work on march 9th (long boring story, but I'm scheduled a month in advance for that 1 day, go figure) just so I can play FF13 all day lol, and then I'm gonna be requesting the 2 following days off from work, and hopefully have it beaten before I have to return to work. :D

Foy

Smash Champion
Dang. i forgot about that. I need a teammate now.

-Cura
Team with me in melee. Maybe. Kinda want to team with Goggles if he isn't teaming with neil.
Im sure me and Central Ny will be attending this. And im fairly certain Central will dominate brawl. Unless jesse starts playing again! hes so good!

_ this is cura!
Nah im getting into brawl and last time i played with Jesse he was like :O at my reads and ****. Get at me. I just need to play this game more.
I **** ride 7 cause i have a boner for sephiroth
7 is alright.
I love sephiroths raging jenova boner
7 is pretty good.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
7 is all that is god!!!!!!!!!And your IC's will not be chain grabbing me at this.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Well, 7 is the one that started my fanboyism, but I was pretty young when I played it and I didn't have my own tv to play on plus I still thought school mattered, so it took me like 3 weeks in total to beat it I think, I had trouble with the last boss cause I was kinda noobish :p

I'm actually probably going to be calling in to work on march 9th (long boring story, but I'm scheduled a month in advance for that 1 day, go figure) just so I can play FF13 all day lol, and then I'm gonna be requesting the 2 following days off from work, and hopefully have it beaten before I have to return to work. :D
It's a terribly linear game, you'll get through it!

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
i'll team up with u cura if kyle wants to team up with san

Foy

Smash Champion
lol Foy what's your favorite FF if it's not 7? ;)
El oh el. Im not hating on 7. My fav is 9/remakes of the 1st one. I like the classic turnbase ****.

Like I've played all the FF's besides X and up (Im currently playing X and its ridiculously good.)

Tactic is also amazing. But iunno if you can count that.

altairian

Smash Lord
Tactics is definitely an amazing game. I was super disappointed that Tactics Advance gayed up the series so much.

At the risk of started a heated FF nerd debate, 9 is my least favorite of the series =\
My favorite is actually 12. I loved the combat in that game so much, even though a lot of fights you could just let your gambits win for you.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i dont see why there isnt a gay rule that states the opponents in a set must trash talk each other while the match is under way

i would highly approve of this move

Foy

Smash Champion
Hanenbow is a gay stage for tournament. Great stage for picking metaknight when high and just holding down A.

And everyone please "LABEL ALL YOUR ****" & "KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ALL YOUR EQUIPMENT/WHATEVER YOU ****ING BRING!"

We dont want mofos stealin stuff. At syracuse a bunch of **** got stolen which also included Curas chicken sammich. Which is ****ing ridiculous.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Currently, yes.

I mostly prefer random nuetrals, and most people I play in tourney tend to no have a preference either.

but this specific tourney I wanted to go with an exclusively MBR ruleset for melee, since its a pretty new ruleset. which consists of stage striking

I highly encourage EVERYONE to read through the entire ruleset.

Top Bottom