• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I too am running a Brawl Tournament on this date for VA before this one was called for, I believe. Your also going to hurt Saffron City's attendance with this because it is so close.

x_x My date was also changed 3 times before finally coming down with December 5th. I won't be that concerned with it considering I'm in VA, just wanted to get some of you guys down here for a change. @.@

Any concerns, PM me.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I mean.. I live in VA and Alex Strife fealt the need to post in my thread saying that his tournament was on this date as well as if I was going to hurt his attendance.. : /

Just saying...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Alex Strifes tournaments attracts out of state players.

theres only guy thats going to drive more than 3 hours to come to this tournament

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
In other more-important-than-alex's-cruddy-tournament news....

who wants to money match me?

I play Lucario, Meta Knight, Sonic, Toon link, Fox, Wolf, Ice climbers, and King Dedede
2-5$ best of 3 matches

I will also play a full cast or 5 character iron man match. 1$ per character remaining.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ima take a page out of planks book right now.

fox vs pika best of 3
i will you give me 10$
you win i give you five.

its the most one sided non-ganon matchup in brawl so you better take it.
if you dont want to go that high, thats fine but ill play that matchup at a 1:2 ratio for any amount of money

also, pika vs lucario/wolf/DDD
2$ a piece.

@ CJT
rob vs wolf/fox/lucario.
2$ a piece.

@pdiddy
diddy v sonic
2-5$ your choice.
more to come....

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
In other more-important-than-alex's-cruddy-tournament news....

you know you shouldn't imply that my tournament is cruddy when i work hard to get people to go.

Sharky

Smash Master
goggles rematch yoshi v sonic $2 now that I'm actually starting to play more than once every couple months.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
So it's a BB gun, basically? Powered by Carbon Dioxide.... NOBODY BREATHE!

If someone tries to shoot me with it, either:

1. I'm just gonna dip.
2. You get a controller to the face.
3. I'll cry, and get sympathy, because none of you are Ike.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Airsoft can also be battery powered or spring loaded. They shoot plastic BBs instead of metal BBs. The more powerful ones can tear skin off from a relatively short range, the crappier ones just sting a little if they make contact with the skin.

If you're that afraid of airsoft, bring a winter jacket, they bounce right off.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Rule #1 of BluePeachy: Most of my posts are centered around satire.

If that really happens, I wanna shoot someone in the back of the foot.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i actually want legit $2 money matches that im guaranteed to win

everyone but jesse (unless its falcon v marth on dreamland)

$2 mm

Sanu

Smash Champion
Depending on how RoM goes, I am strongly considering coming to this with a car full of Toronto Melee players.

But if we're gonna have to play on laggy monitors, count us out.

Sanu

Smash Champion
That would be the plan, bringing two full setups is mandatory for my car... but if every other TV is gonna be a monitor then hahaha

Sharky

Smash Master
Depending on how RoM goes, I am strongly considering coming to this with a car full of GTA Melee players.

this is a fair point how laggy are these monitors?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yah Goggles How Laggy Are They i do play a character that cant be played in lagg.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you know you shouldn't imply that my tournament is cruddy when i work hard to get people to go.
You know im just joking in pity for myself in knowing that your event is probably either going to double or triple the size of mine...
goggles rematch yoshi v sonic $2 now that I'm actually starting to play more than once every couple months.
done.
i actually want legit $2 money matches that im guaranteed to win

everyone but jesse (unless its falcon v marth on dreamland)

$2 mm
Ill put up the 2$ for raynEX to play you.
My Fox got pretty smooth. :3
ganon vs fox? 2$?
Depending on how RoM goes, I am strongly considering coming to this with a car full of Toronto Melee players.

this is a fair point how laggy are these monitors?

This is what I have been told.

The large flat screen TVs have a 2 millisecond delay. So when this LAN center runs halo tournaments (a game that requires just as much precision as any of the smash games) they use their cpu monitors, and the halo players (they are very serious in this area) are completely content with that for their tournaments.

This has led me to the conclusion that the computer monitors do not lag. My main in brawl is also rendered fairly useless to me in lag, so I am just as concerned about this as you are. I have it taken care of tho.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'll only go to this if I can team with Jesse.

KoJ, if I beat you in a set. Both matches a 3 stock or higher, let me team with him.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord

@ CJT
rob vs wolf/fox/lucario.
2$ a piece.
Yes, yes, and maybe.
And Sonic too if we have time.

This is what I have been told.

The large flat screen TVs have a 2 millisecond delay. So when this LAN center runs halo tournaments (a game that requires just as much precision as any of the smash games) they use their cpu monitors, and the halo players (they are very serious in this area) are completely content with that for their tournaments.

This has led me to the conclusion that the computer monitors do not lag. My main in brawl is also rendered fairly useless to me in lag, so I am just as concerned about this as you are. I have it taken care of tho.

Ummm.... is the 2 ms for all input or just for composite? I think these kinds of tvs have more lag for component than they do for composite...

@Sharky mm at this one? Or Oneida? Or both?

Kirby_Is_Da_Man

Smash Apprentice
wow, i was told to check this out, but seeing how i havent played since rochester, i might not go :( anyways where is this city? how far is it from where i live though, just to be curious.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
CBC is lying, he just played monday! D:<

You should go, I can come up to the dorms as much as possible to at least try to get you back into your groove.

Top Bottom