• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

Foy

Smash Champion
Um everyone ever, in existence.

=_= I honestly dont know, but melee usually has a good turnout, and you bring kids from ohio would be awesome/If we can get Teen Titans down that would be extra awesome.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
JesiahTEG is coming, hes not well known, but hes very good and beat some very good players at SNES.
Pikapika! is coming and hes been one of the top 5 pikachus in melee since like 05.
but if you need a big name to get you to come, how does RaynEX sound? I can only assume he'll bring at least one or two of the people he plays with. so its looking like some of the best canadian meleers will be here.

4% APR

Smash Champion
JesiahTEG is coming, hes not well known, but hes very good and beat some very good players at SNES.
Pikapika! is coming and hes been one of the top 5 pikachus in melee since like 05.
but if you need a big name to get you to come, how does RaynEX sound? I can only assume he'll bring at least one or two of the people he plays with. so its looking like some of the best canadian meleers will be here.
i dont really care about big names, but how big is the melee turn out usaully?

steve- we should go to this

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Ok we can go i just didnt want to go all the way out here if it was like a brawl tourney where just some people that play brawl will do melee you know what i mean. But yeah 4% lets go

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Melee and brawl always have comparable turn outs.

The last tourney that I ran, Brawl only had 4 more entrants than melee.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
About how big is the normal Turnout for melee atleast? I might be able to convince a few others to go too
there is no normal turnout, as there hasnt been a regular tournament here since the end of 08. All I can tell you is that I can assure you it will be worth your time, and I can assure you that you will lose your money.
Was that including the Brawl players who left KID?

yes

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
@Goggles

I definitely haven't played Brawl more than 90% of the participants that attend this tourney. So that statement is false sir. In addition, my total play time for Melee definitely haven't exceeded most of the players who are serious about it. Being smart does not make you a threat in a tourney. Technical skill, knowledge of the game mechanics and luck make you good at both smash games. Players just run into my attacks and I get lucky a lot. That's how I win :).

@Jesse
I'm not using that TV where Rob pulled out like 10 stitch faces in a set. :(

4% APR

Smash Champion
there is no normal turnout, as there hasnt been a regular tournament here since the end of 08. All I can tell you is that I can assure you it will be worth your time, and I can assure you that you will lose your money.

yes
That's good enough for me. I'm gonna do my best to get here

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i can do this only if i can pick up syracuse kids who can give me gas money because literally i cant spend any income i have. people from syracuse please get at me i can fit up to 6 ppl in my car (myself included, 3 in front 3 in back, it's legal but uncomfortable) because i really want to come to this now but i mean im broke as ****

or someone can pick me up lol but i cant pay u unless i place or something im going to try hard this time nad stay sober lol

Sharky

Smash Master
my attendance is becoming more and more likely.

need a doubles partner though. and I might do melee if I can get enough practice with cura before I go.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Are you coming to kuntasm still? My tourney if you do alot of Ohio's Best will be their and if you come up you can advertise your tourney thats what i do

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
unfortunately i dont think im gonna have the cash too unless something unforseen happens. i really want to but i just dont see it happening.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Good news!

nobody has to bring their tvs!

Cyberstorm is allowing us to use their 22' super high quality computer monitors to play our tournament matches.

They will be lending us as many as we need, anywhere from 7, to 14. if necessary.

However we will still need wiis and gamecubes

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Good news, yay. Convenient too, since that's basically exactly what I would've been bringing, by the sounds of things.

You can count on +1 Wii from me, w/ component cables, but note that this one isn't modded for replays, and I have no recording hardware.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ive never seen you deny somebody housing for one of our tourneys, but im still not going to just volunteer your home to people neither of us know without asking you first...

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Airsoft rule seems kinda intense. 5 minutes is a long time to get shot @ with an airsoft gun.

Also, u always pick the worst times... finals week dude...

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'll ask again, can somebody house me? =(

I've housed plenty of smashers from this area, help me out. I want to go to this.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Airsoft rule seems kinda intense. 5 minutes is a long time to get shot @ with an airsoft gun.

Also, u always pick the worst times... finals week dude...
GDI, im so tired of your bullcrap...
I'll ask again, can somebody house me? =(

I've housed plenty of smashers from this area, help me out. I want to go to this.

so far from what I remember CaC, 4%, and cura needs a place to stay, will you be able to hook them up?
obviously..
Ive never seen you deny somebody housing for one of our tourneys, but im still not going to just volunteer your home to people neither of us know without asking you first...
this conversation definitely included you too matt.

Top Bottom