• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think he meant hed hit up people in rochester for rides.

and if thats true, i could probably use your help to pick up people from RIT

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I think he meant hed hit up people in rochester for rides.

and if thats true, i could probably use your help to pick up people from RIT
us bad rit kids can probably walk to cyber storm inside of 20 minutes so long as we don't have setups (I do have one of course, but just saying).

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Yup. Since I may have a setup to deal with too, I'll have to see about a ride. Otherwise, I'll bring just my wii, and walk. I'm at park point, so I'm even closer than the campus.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
As long as Alt can go, I should be going. Ill bring a setup, although the tv is HD flatscreen... I have component cables, which reduce a majority of the lag, but there is still a difference... but if we are short as far as setups go, its better than nothing.

Kantō

Smash Champion
also im pretty sure Pdiddy will bring his setup cuz hes comming.
so thats what 4 Cuse kids in this?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Anyone planning on coming that's from UR, or driving to this from that direction? I've got a friend from back in maryland who's over there who might want to go to this, but has no ride. He might end up using the RTS bus, but it's hard to say. If there's someone already driving from there though, I think he'd like to get in touch with you if he can mooch a ride. Feel free to IM me if that's the case, I'll try and get you in touch with him, he doesn't have a smashboards account.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to enter the Brawl tourney this time. Who wants to help me play 7min matches? If I practice, I'm pretty confident in getting top 3 and matches won't take nearly as long as most I've seen. How do you practice Brawl anyways? I just pressed buttons in the direction of my opponent and hope they take massive amounts of damage.

Also, "Stylin On Ya!" is probably the best tourney title ever! This should be a series. I'll team with you again Cura if you come to Melee, otherwise I'll need a new teammate as well.

Kantō

Smash Champion
goodies, i didnt make the last Roc. tourney when we were gunna team for brawl. im def. making this one do u want to team still?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Anyone planning on coming that's from UR, or driving to this from that direction? I've got a friend from back in maryland who's over there who might want to go to this, but has no ride. He might end up using the RTS bus, but it's hard to say. If there's someone already driving from there though, I think he'd like to get in touch with you if he can mooch a ride. Feel free to IM me if that's the case, I'll try and get you in touch with him, he doesn't have a smashboards account.
For melee, brawl or both? if he cant find somebody by time next month rolls around, ill get him, but hes definitely going to have to put up some gas money. Also, that reminds me, I need to get in touch with the U of R gaming club if there is one and get them to come out to this too, and should that happen i think hell have a ride.
I'm going to enter the Brawl tourney this time. Who wants to help me play 7min matches? If I practice, I'm pretty confident in getting top 3 and matches won't take nearly as long as most I've seen. How do you practice Brawl anyways? I just pressed buttons in the direction of my opponent and hope they take massive amounts of damage.
1. I'll help you. Ive been playing with RIT kids so long, I dont have to camp and i can just beat people straight up. I need to work on my gaystyle. so I can camp it up in tourney.
2. You arent getting top 3. youll lose to like random people that you dont even think are better than you. like me and angel.
3. press random buttons huh?hur hur hur. just cus your smart doesnt mean your going to beat anybody worth while.

Also, "Stylin On Ya!" is probably the best tourney title ever! This should be a series.
You think so?
goodies, i didnt make the last Roc. tourney when we were gunna team for brawl. im def. making this one do u want to team still?

this team might actually be legit. id be worried about these two, if I were anybody thats going to this tourney.

speaking of teams, since it looks like goodies is taken care of, and I already have a partner and I got San taken care of too... jesse, neil and cura, dont be gay and team with each other. I kinda enjoyed the idea of (mostly) balanced teams at the last tourney.

Foy

Smash Champion

Also, "Stylin On Ya!" is probably the best tourney title ever! This should be a series. I'll team with you again Cura if you come to Melee, otherwise I'll need a new teammate as well.
Kelvin i miss you!

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
For melee, brawl or both? if he cant find somebody by time next month rolls around, ill get him, but hes definitely going to have to put up some gas money. Also, that reminds me, I need to get in touch with the U of R gaming club if there is one and get them to come out to this too, and should that happen i think hell have a ride.
Just brawl. I'll tell him that, but yea, if there's a UR gaming club that comes, he would have a ride, I'd bet. If you can't get ahold of them, maybe he will.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
@Goggles

I dont lose to random people unless you think Cura is a random player. I think everyone is better than me in Brawl atm including players that I some how beat at the Buffalo tourney. I expected to get last place at the Buffalo tourney and quite frankly deserved it. In fact, only top three players beat me last time specifically Cura twice in a row. I don't have a Wii and no one likes playing Brawl in this area for various reasons. So actually practicing is very hard for me to do atm since I'm busy with life stuff and don't have a Wii; however, I'm still going to join the Brawl tourney and put in a good effort to get at least top 3 despite those limiting parameters for fun and the spirit of competition.

@Bry

I would love to team with you for Brawl. I would have played at Jesse's with ya, but heard you had to cancel due to work. Looking forward to that wicked Pikachu!

@Foy

I miss you as well! I hope you come to Rochester to visit me. We'll play whatever. I'll even arm wrestle MM you and Goggles at the same time :).

@PikaPika or TML

I'll team with you to win the Melee tourney if Cura cant make it. Guaranteed first place! I'll carry you! My granny purse is quite large!

Foy

Smash Champion
um actually. This is like a week after i get back. >_> so probably not. Get bok or Rob to house you, or even jesse.

Kantō

Smash Champion
@Bry

I would love to team with you for Brawl. I would have played at Jesse's with ya, but heard you had to cancel due to work. Looking forward to that wicked Pikachu!
Sweet goodies:chuckle:
looking forward to it. and im def, going this time haha

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@Goggles

I dont lose to random people unless you think Cura is a random player. I think everyone is better than me in Brawl atm including players that I some how beat at the Buffalo tourney. I expected to get last place at the Buffalo tourney and quite frankly deserved it. In fact, only top three players beat me last time specifically Cura twice in a row. I don't have a Wii and no one likes playing Brawl in this area for various reasons. So actually practicing is very hard for me to do atm since I'm busy with life stuff and don't have a Wii; however, I'm still going to join the Brawl tourney and put in a good effort to get at least top 3 despite those limiting parameters for fun and the spirit of competition.

that was pretty much my life story dude. I went to tournaments for a full year at arena, Not having a wii. although I did manage to get semi regular training sessions with xiivi and owna. I didnt get to play much and at certain times the only times i got to play were at tournaments, and even still, i always placed reasonably well.

The fact of the matter is, no matter what anyone says, you have been playing smash longer than anyone in this community except for neil. and because of that, you are just a flat out smart player, and even if you only played the game at tournaments and never played anywhere else, youll still be a threat because of that fact.

@Bry

This dudes pika gets noticibly better at every tournament. I wouldnt be surprised if he pulls some upsets. insingles and doubles.

If somebody in the area can house me I'll be here.
talk to jesiahTEG, ive never seen him deny someone housing for a tournament.
Sweet goodies:chuckle:
looking forward to it. and im def, going this time haha
revenge money match?

Kantō

Smash Champion
KID, u really know how to make me feel good about myself and i thank you for that.

and i think a revenge money match seems to be in order...

Top Bottom