• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Duck in front of his shield.

Then Rest his shield grab. Or F-smash. Or grab it. It's all situational, by pretties. Wait for aerials OoS (namely Dair) and dodge/shield them and punish or hit him before his move comes out and punish. Hit him for rolls. Hit him for sidedodges.

And then you too can be as good as Lass Robin and her LV14 Jigglypuff.

balloonwalla

Smash Rookie
Need help vs annoying fox players

Every time i try and approach a fox with a SH fair or bair or nair, they always attack and we wind up trading hits, usually to the fox players benefit. Do you have any tips on approaching fox players ( or marth players at that) who have a reach, or priority advantage over puff?

idea

Smash Master
that's such a subtle and variable thing that i don't even know how to explain it >_<

in general though, for both, fair. try and use fair to catch them out of their moves' startup lag, or put a fair in the way of where they might be about to jump. with marth you can sorta kinda shield pressure him, with spaced aerials and crouching and other bull****, but fox is better out of shield so that makes it a lot harder with him. i find myself trying to hit fox where he might be about to go, since that's all i ever have time for.

um...other general advice...empty hop a lot. convince them to wait in shield then make things up as you go. or run in and grab if you have time. and...don't always feel like you have to do two aerials per jump, it's often better to wait and do one just before landing. but now i'm just guessing.

honestly though, it's probably faster to go to youtube and search "hungrybox vs. fox" or "mango jigglypuff vs. fox".

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I used the Frame Data thing and took a screenshot:

It's the dark blue area. IIRC, blue means you have invincibility frames. The blue lasts until frame 26.

idea

Smash Master
nah man, watch the **** out for ganon's fair O_o

it's doable, but if the move is far enough out that you can tell it's fair, probably better to not get in the way of that.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
dave what are you doing in this thread
I'm stalkin' you man. lol

nah man, watch the **** out for ganon's fair O_o

it's doable, but if the move is far enough out that you can tell it's fair, probably better to not get in the way of that.
Are you serious? Ganon's fair has to be COMPLETELY spaced if you want to have a chance in **** of landing it on a good Puff lol, Ganons who know the matchup mainly stick to bairs and uairs for general wall/spacing tools, especially against bair happy puffs. Generally, bair beats fair, for both Ganon on jiggs and jiggs on Ganon.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Any tips on increasing the speed of my puff? Any other advice besides continue to practice? Also, how do you stick users manage to SH consistently?

idea

Smash Master
I'm stalkin' you man. lol

Are you serious? Ganon's fair has to be COMPLETELY spaced if you want to have a chance in **** of landing it on a good Puff lol, Ganons who know the matchup mainly stick to bairs and uairs for general wall/spacing tools, especially against bair happy puffs. Generally, bair beats fair, for both Ganon on jiggs and jiggs on Ganon.
entirely possible. i would have said ganon's bair was better in the matchup anyway. all his aerials are scary...

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yayyy, Puff DOES need tech skill. Crouch to Up Tilt to Crouch is really hard but useful.

Edit: Also, does anyone have a picture of Jiggs' F Air and N Air hitbox? Seeing how ridiculous B Air and U Air are, I'm curious as to what N Air has in store.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Why does rest send the opponent off differently depending on...something?

Because when you up throw rest falco/fox, they get sent behind you, but when you up air ->rest them or jab reset rest them, they get sent out in front of you.

Just some examples.

idea

Smash Master
depends where you hit them. you can aim it too. say you've used upthrow on a fox...when you jump, move slightly to the left side of their body before using rest, and they'll always go to the right. same as with any other move, really.

you can make them screw up their DI this way ;)

Mahone

Smash Champion
I'm sorry to ask this question, because i no its been asked a million times, but how do you di marths throw mixup?

I would appreciate if people would give me an idea of how to di it at different percents because up till now i think people just say di into him so you dont get tippered, but im pretty sure if you always di a certain way, you will get tippered at some percent.

I think its pretty obvious which way the marth is gonna throw you most of the time, so i would rather di to get out rather than just di safely so i dont get tippered but always get hit by the fsmash.

Also, it is my understanding that marth can dthrow/bthrow to fsmash up till like 80 cuz he can wavedash or pivot to get you, does anyone know the exact percents that i should just be trying to get out and what di should be used.

Thanks in advance

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I'm sorry to ask this question, because i no its been asked a million times, but how do you di marths throw mixup?

I would appreciate if people would give me an idea of how to di it at different percents because up till now i think people just say di into him so you dont get tippered, but im pretty sure if you always di a certain way, you will get tippered at some percent.

I think its pretty obvious which way the marth is gonna throw you most of the time, so i would rather di to get out rather than just di safely so i dont get tippered but always get hit by the fsmash.

Also, it is my understanding that marth can dthrow/bthrow to fsmash up till like 80 cuz he can wavedash or pivot to get you, does anyone know the exact percents that i should just be trying to get out and what di should be used.

Thanks in advance
DI it down.

I know it works around 20% and after. I've gotten hit a couple times before 20% but I might have ****ed up so dunno.

Also Yoshi's story's slopes are unforgivable I don't know if it'll work there anyway(Not that you should be on Yoshi's against a Marth)

I usually just DI down then after the throw I DI to survive JUST IN CASE I get hit. It's more of a reflex. You shouldn't be getting hit.

Although I haven't FORMALLY tested DI-ing down. I've done it plenty times in tourney and friendlies. Just never have tested it the laboratory.

Someone test it for me because I'm lazyyyyy

depends where you hit them. you can aim it too. say you've used upthrow on a fox...when you jump, move slightly to the left side of their body before using rest, and they'll always go to the right. same as with any other move, really.

you can make them screw up their DI this way ;)
Not replying to you per se. Pretty sure you've seen this vid. Just showing an example of "screwing up their DI"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLOilD73OvU#t=2m10s

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Just down.

Down and away would make you guess/predict which throw Marth would be doing :D

and that's just too much work

idea

Smash Master
lol, okay. cause i remember trying holding down vs. a marth once and it didn't seem to work. i mean, last time you discussed this, i thought "oh, i'll go try that" and it didn't seem to work. guess i'll have to test it again. my percent might have been too low or something.

Tamoo

Smash Master
hmm, might have to try this out.

Ive always just either DId up if I know I won't react in time and just eat a normal untippered fsmash or DI up and away if I know the direction or can react in time

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Marth also has this trick he does. You guys might already know this.

Whenever Marth is near the ledge and grabs you I opt to throw TOWARDS the stage instead of the more obvious way of off the stage. Why? Because most puffs(That I've come across) DI as according to you throwing off the stage because it seems like common sense.

I mean I'm not gonna kill the puff with a non-tippered smash most likely anyway so I just get the damage by throwing you the way that seems inefficient. Just grab the puff and jab him. That gives him enough time to choose his DI. Or if you're confident that he's not going to DI correctly then just throw him off and **** him.

DIing down ruins this tho. (IF IT WORKS LOLOL)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I need help. I don't know if anyone here would bother but I'm posting this anyway.

I've really been struggling to narrow down the characters I use in tournament, etc. (a main in general really) I simply can't decide who to play. I enjoy playing them all and have been successful in MMs and tourneys with each of them so none of that has cleared this up for me or been an issue, I just simply don't know who to stick with so even use random often.

If anyone cares about having 1 more Jiggs player, or wants me to stick with him if you know me or anything, please vote. :\

Any input is good but meaningless votes are completely welcome too if you don't know me/don't care but would still want me to play Jiggs or something. :)
I just need help. :(

Thanks. hahah
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10468126#post10468126

idea

Smash Master
is the DI down thing accounting for wave-fsmashes? it's usually easy enough to get out of regular tipper range, but tipper + marth's wavedash length is another story...

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I really don't know for a fact since my opponents might be messing up butttt

I've been hit by one wavedash fsmash since DIing down lolol. The only REALLY competent Marth I've played since is HBK. He was the one to hit me with it.

Otherwise it seems to be working well.

I'm just saying you guys should try it out in friendlies sometime.

thehotelambush

Smash Rookie
mango wants you to tech the platform(or miss it), so he can follow you and rest
Is this true? I would guess there's not a huge strategic advantage in puff dittos. I figured up and forward throw were used for the higher damage. Btw, about hbox vs. mango, why didn't either one do hits after grabbing and before throwing? I'm going based on memory here but I don't ever recall it being used.

edit:

B-throw is amazing in Puff dittos.
Is this a joke? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom