• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
- How do I autocancel Nair, so I can crouch in front of their sheild and rest their grab ? And what is an autocancel in general ?
autocanceling is when you land after the last frame of the move, so there is no landing lag. to autocancel a nair, just jump and immediately nair, without fastfalling.
- Is it possible to L-cancel to crouch, without being sheildgrabbed ?
depends on what moves you're using. if you were to L-cancel a dair or fair, you'd probably get shield grabbed before you could crouch. however, a L-canceled uair, or autocanceled nair or bair would probably give you enough time to crouch. I can't verify this though.
- Until which % can I u-throw to rest fast-fallers ? I found 65% for Fox, 85% for Falco, and I didn't manage on Falcon, because Jigglypuff seems to take forever to be able to jump after she throws him, but these results seems unrealistic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovsMcfsKeyA
- What is the safest way to come back on the stage ? Going for the ledge, or flying over my opponent to go to the middle of the stage ?
depends on the character you're against.

idea

Smash Master
i had a longer post but my computed bsod'd in the middle of it =/

don't go for the edge as often vs. marth. he's too good at putting sword hitboxes there. and sheik has her needles to watch out for. otherwise it's relatively safe. but gradually floating back onstage is quite good too...actually you might wanna default to this one, assuming you have a general awareness of how many jumps you have left.

in general, yes, crouching after l-canceled aerials is pretty good. it works especially well on marth and falcon (and you can rest them if you bait the grab and are close enough, hehe). don't do this vs. fox or falco cause they can grab you while crouching anyway.

upthrow rest doesn't work on falcon at 0. or possibly ever, i dunno. not reliable. a better choice would be upthrow upair rest, but this also doesn't combo at 0, since the upair doesn't stun him long enough yet.

Mahone

Smash Champion
if you aren't sure about how to get back on i would rising pound up and then space bairs to get back on and then land on platforms to get your jumps back, but ya it depends on the character

GSUB

Smash Lord
autocanceling nairs:

For SHORTHOP - Shorthop and nair AS FAST AS YOU CAN immediately after (sets up nair to rest and nair to fsmash, etc.)

For FULLHOP - Fullhop and nair at the VERY TOP OF YOUR JUMP (also sets up for nair to rest, etc.)

Ledgehopped nair also works! Ledghopped nair to rests are rapsies for comebacks!

idea

Smash Master
on who =/

fox - CC upsmash
falco - CC dtilt, probably
marth - wavedash back + fsmash
peach - maybe. but i'd put my money on her spaced fair. she could also stay back and throw turnips...in that case hitting them with the front of jiggs' nair would work, iirc.
falcon - lol possibly, falcon sucks

overall i can't think of a situation where ledgehop nair would be better than ledgehop fair, other than for mixups.

idea

Smash Master
i don't cause it never ever works =P but i think we've established i could be better with nair already. however...i still don't see what's wrong with fair in the same situations. seems safer since it sticks out further in front of you.

masv

Smash Rookie
u don't have to call dreamland mangoland... and those other things. Don't suck up to yourself, not cool >.>

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I like you too.

however my avatar has been changed to fastpoke.

Animal

Smash Lord
something i noticed at pound 4 GF's. When Hbox would get a grab against mango he would fthrow in puff dittos, but when Mango got a grab against Hbox he would always upthrow. Is one better than the other?

GSUB

Smash Lord
I like fthrow because it's hard to return to the stage against puff (as puff) without getting hit a couple times and losing some jumps (wall of bair war when you're trying to return. puff above stage has the advantage, as opposed to puff above pit of death)

Animal

Smash Lord
true but isn't the best place to be against puff is below her? idk i just found it interesting

GOD!

Smash Ace
Yeah cause when you're below her you have this:

When I saw it I was just like: the hitbox is the size of her body.

PS Hbox is amazing.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Hello, I just read about 100 pages of this thread and still have questions.

- How do I autocancel Nair, so I can crouch in front of their sheild and rest their grab ? And what is an autocancel in general ?
- Is it possible to L-cancel to crouch, without being sheildgrabbed ?
- Until which % can I u-throw to rest fast-fallers ? I found 65% for Fox, 85% for Falco, and I didn't manage on Falcon, because Jigglypuff seems to take forever to be able to jump after she throws him, but these results seems unrealistic.
- What is the safest way to come back on the stage ? Going for the ledge, or flying over my opponent to go to the middle of the stage ?

Thanks for your future answers.
You can auto-cancel by sh nairing without fast falling, or just fulljump and nairing at the peak and going down. Auto-canceling is when the move finishes before you land, giving you only normal landing lag. Which means you don't need to l-cancel.

Yes you can L-cancel to crouch without being grabbed. Need to have good timing and hit low.

You can actually upthrow rest to higher % I believe possibly into the 100% range, I'm pretty sure if you search for Magus upthrow rest % (At least I think it was Magus) you can see videos of it comboing in training mode. Falcon is pretty heavy, I do not think he can be upthrow rested.

Safest way to come back is to be varied. Both ways of what you said are fine. Just need experience to know how to safely recover.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Peach is gay with her dumb stuff help me.. I main peach xD But My puff is so bad at that matchup... i wanna eat peaches Yummy!!

Animal

Smash Lord
dont let her get turnips. without them i feel its impossible to approach as peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom