• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
in b4 sexual marth joke
rofl good one xD

jiggly board is like ... spam

also mango :

Freaking Marth
Mango Percentage 50-50
Actual Percentage 80-20 Marth

[...]

Levels To Counter-Mangoland,final destination,Battlefield.
Thats mostly all for marth
Wouldnt you consider Mute City a good counterpick against Marth ?
because he has much landing lag from up B and you can like rest or rollout or stuff

Also why do you say battlefield is a good counterpick against Marth ?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
nah i havent used puff in tourney since

pound i belive

and puff is not gay

she has so many bad things about her =(

and hmmm

well Me personally .. i never counterpick mute city

thats a king thing but against a good marth its hard 2 space

and run up and shield with little room

and i always counter mangoland

no matter who it is

no what what character

=D

dreamland <3333

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Aw no more Mangopuff in tournies?

Is puff no longer your best character or are you just bored of her?

Amide

Smash Lord
Yeah? Why don't you use puff anymore? That's what you're famous for...

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hmmmm i pull her out in

friendlys and stuff once in a while

i think i have the most fun in melee

playing her shes awesome but

i only like playing her against really really good players

playing puff against noobs is so hard lol -_- im just saying

and people always said the only reason i win is because of puff

which is a horrible excuses soooooooooooooooo

its fox falco falcon sheik time

=D

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Hm. How should one approach with the uair? I feel really vulnerable when I try to hit my opponent with it. I tend to try the bair -> uair, which works sometimes, but could also easily be shielded. So, any fantastic Mango-tip?

Also, I noticed (I'm not sure if it was Mango) someone who repeatedly usmashed out from shield whenever, say Fox daired him. Looked awesome and effective, though I'm not sure this a safe thing? ^___^

Gee, I'm so rusty at Melee right now.

Tero.

Smash Champion
ai mango u allways say try to rest peach as much as you can, but against pcs peach at scc you tried to rest him only 2 times in like 6 matches.

Why ?

Also: what is the best thing to do against fox uthrow uair ? which way should we di the uthrow ?

lol sry my english is horrible >_>

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hmmm

thats when i didnt really no

how to fight peaches

i kept getting hit with nairs out of shield

when the fox u throws u

D.I behind him makes it a little harder

and what not

Tero.

Smash Champion
hmmm

thats when i didnt really no

how to fight peaches

i kept getting hit with nairs out of shield
ok i thought it should be something like that...
hmm against peach i usually spam bairs ... works pretty fine ...

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Also: what is the best thing to do against fox uthrow uair ? which way should we di the uthrow ?
If you DI the uthrow one direction and then SDI the first hit of the uair in the opposite direction you're pretty much garaunteed to get out
if the fox doesn't space himself perfectly (which becomes much harder if you di slightly behind like mango said) just normal DI/ASDI might even be enough to not get hit by the second hit (so if you mistime the SDI and time it to early you might get out anyway)

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
dear mango fan co- I mean melee jiggz community.

lately I've been facing a pikachu which I'm obviously having problems against. while I mostly go marth it's always a plus when you know how to fight characters you do bad against. help would be accepted.

while we're at it, zelda help, anyone? (wtfconspiracy)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
only one thng to do about that

go sheik lol

but eh i hate pika i go another character 2

and zelda wtf

lol IVE never even played one not even

in friendlys so yeaaaaaaa

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I hear sheik owns Zelda pretty bad too

and I'm ashamed....
yesterday I killed MaNg0

forgive me MaNg0 fans....

S0FT

Smash Ace
Ive been finding it kinda hard to rest peach like setting up for the uair and uptilt... i mainly do nair-uptilt

TheLake

Smash Master
Zeldas tooo good ya'll <3 zelda

Oh puff is groovy too...especially that brawl puff with the sun hat (COOLEST COSTUME EVA!!!!)
But brawls kinda gross...like unclean table top gross /:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
dear mango fan co- I mean melee jiggz community.

lately I've been facing a pikachu which I'm obviously having problems against. while I mostly go marth it's always a plus when you know how to fight characters you do bad against. help would be accepted.

while we're at it, zelda help, anyone? (wtfconspiracy)
sheik defeats all low tiers.

chain grab defeats pikachu. as does her ranged moves (f-tilt, d-tilt, bair, fair, grab mainly).

needle camping and d-throw --> aerial defeats zelda.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
but I don't play shiek...

I'm not asking "which button do I press to win?" here. I'm asking for some tips against both pikachu and zelda, mainly defensively, but also offensively.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
N64 told my friend to approach Pika very, very slowly with Puff, mostly with spaced Bair, and not to get U-smashed. Defensively vs Pika... I really don't think you want to be playing defense vs Pika. If you're on defense and manuevering around his jolts and giving him time to space his low-range moves, you're letting him make you manuever away from spam, block spam, or block spam with moves. And that gives him time to slip in between your fair/bair hitboxes with Nair or something silly. I think you have to treat Pika like the IC, mostly, and space hard and aggressively against him with Bair to shut down his offense as a whole.

I think Zelda on the whole sounds kind of weird. She's mostly going to Fair/Bair spam and those really, really hurt if they hit in the right spot. If I were to guess what to do, I'd probably guess that staying above or below her is probably a good thing, since Zelda's u-tilt, u-air, and u-smash are all slow or diable, and anything she has below her is also slow and low priority and ccable and bad.

Defensively it sounds like you probably do this matchup like everyone else (who lacks a projectile) does vs Zelda. You sort of float around, pushing her to the edge, and approach mostly in shield. Zeldas tend to jump back and Fair/Bair when threatened, so if you can just push her to the edge by approaching with shield (because protecting yourself from 20% kick is important) then you can probably start attacking easily. I think Zelda is in trouble when she doesn't have room to jump back and space kick, so yeah.

On the whole I think you should try to abuse Zelda's lack of grab game in this matchup as much as you can... Zelda's grab comes out frame 11 I think, so it's pretty slow and bad and she doesn't have anything to combo on you from it either (and I'm pretty sure if you're ducking it whiffs). If you somehow spot-dodge it or jump out of shield when she does it, Zelda should probably die.

But yeah, just approach with duck/shield very slowly and make her run out of room to safely jump back and Fair/Bair. Once you do that she's probably easy to combo or deal with.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
OFFTOPIC IS OFFTOPIC:

Mango or Alex how do you do those magic shine -> nair in the =**** vid you guys posted up? I can do shine bair just fine, just curious of the buttons you use. Up on the control stick and A? Or some other variation I've yet to try.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
i just hit them with the top

of the shine and hit A

=D
Don't you have to jump out of the shine somewhere in there? Up or do you use X or Y lol.

Also, you know it's bad when I look for the Jigglypuff forum between Luigi and Marth, because I'm thinking "Mango" rather than Jigglypuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom