• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Struggling with SH

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

This is my #1 with picking up Pichu. SH is super fundamental. We need to Nair. I tried, and I need to tap super fast, lightly and push the button halfway down. And that requires me to use my whole forearm/bicep, which is sort of draining.

Tips? I really want to develop Pichu. He is pretty much one of the few things that make me want to play this game.

D

Deleted member 189823

I tried twice, one day, for like, 5-10 minutes. It was super hard. Like, I can wavedash & L-Cancel waaay more consistently.

Pauer

The Pauerful
And that requires me to use my whole forearm/bicep, which is sort of draining.
Yeah you really shouldn't use any other muscle but your thumb. Additionally I recommend not lifting your thumb from the button. (oh, I hope you're using X/Y to jump)
The way I do it is I rest my thumb on the button, push down and as I push down, I slide off, like a snapping motion. Usually, I slide off with my fingernail but you can also use the tip/side of your thumb.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
C'mon seriously?

Give it a month or two of actually trying each day and THEN make a thread if you're still having problems.

People will try and give you tips and tricks, but really there are none. You just need to actually practice. SH'ing is not hard but it does take like a month or two to get used to Pichu's (and other fast jumpers). The REALLY hard part is incorporating the Nair and FF afterwards into your play with all the other tech and movement....and then just wait until you have to actually use it in a set against a good player on stream or in bracket.....while DD, dash jumping, SHFFLing, etc. That's when this all actually gets hard.

Practice. Practice. Practice.
This game rewards practice and demands it.

D

Deleted member 189823

Thanks, gais. Glad this isnt exactly weird to come across. I heard Pichus jump squat is the same as Foxs.

NIFOFD

Smash Apprentice
Don't move your whole arm, just use your thumb (or whatever finger you jump with). The only thing that matters is how fast you can let go of the jump button and there really isn't any quick trick to it. Makes sense that you're having trouble given that Pichu is the hardest character to SH with in the game (tied with Fox, ICs, Sheik, Kirby, Samus, and Pikachu). In time it will become natural, and if you can do it with Pichu, you'll be able to do it with anyone.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It IS super tricky. When I'm having trouble shing I just go for fulljump, wait a bit, nair, to catch people with that super long hitbox duration :p Not as good tho.

Top Bottom