• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strongest spirit mode Character needs a patch ASAP

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
so i have all 1297/1297 spirits and i can say without a doubt that if you wanna destroy people in spirit arena lobbies, pick something strong like lvl 99 akuma galeem or soma cruz, then more importantly pick OLIMAR, this mans fire pikmin aerials delete people off the screen so damn fast. He needs to be patched ASAP. I'll try and cobble a video together to show off this mans stupidly huge power.

ok sorry for the quality but i dont normally do this kinda thing.
here are videos demonstrating the absurd power
and

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Simple solution. If you don't like how spirits are designed to work, then don't play spirit lobbies.

Custom equipment was a terrible idea to begin with anyways for this reason.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Simple solution. If you don't like how spirits are designed to work, then don't play spirit lobbies.

Custom equipment in competitive was a terrible idea because of the RNG generation making it impossible to put everyone on a level playing field. Spirits in competitive are a terrible idea because they have a rock-paper-scissors dynamic which intentionally tilts the match in one player's favor (but at least they dumped the RNG elements). Both have no place in competitive play, but for entirely different reasons.

Turbo64

Smash Rookie

i understand, but this is a olimar ONLY thing, his pikmin are actually bugged
im not saying that its the customs fault, but more that olimars pikmin get buffed to absurd levels, its a bug

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Spirits in competitive are a terrible idea because they have a rock-paper-scissors dynamic which intentionally tilts the match in one player's favor
This can be circumvented using neutral spirits.

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
This can be circumvented using neutral spirits.
no it cant, galeem is neutral btw with 6200 atk and 6200 def at lvl 99, this isnt working as intended

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
no it cant, galeem is neutral btw with 6200 atk and 6200 def at lvl 99, this isnt working as intended
Spoiler alert. Not everyone has got that far in World of Light yet.

Last edited:

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
this seems to be a bug, olimar is the only one that can ohko any player, the red, yellow and purple pikmin get buffed far above normal.
with any other character the game works as intended but its strictly olimars' pikmin that get this one hit ko ability

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
and this isnt a akuma vs galeem thing, since no-one else gets this ability to one hit ko the roster

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I thought that neutral spirits where not weak or strong against any other spirits. You are talking about Shield, Attack, and Grab, right?

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
I thought that neutral spirits where not weak or strong against any other spirits. You are talking about Shield, Attack, and Grab, right?
yes, but it doesnt matter what you use in this instance, lemme get another video up demonstrating how absurd this is

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
yes, but it doesnt matter what you use in this instance, lemme get another video up demonstrating how absurd this is
I was talking about something else. I believe you on Olimar. Also I am going to try it for myself so I will see anyway. It definitely looks like a janky glitch.

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
i got one more video incoming that just kinda nails it all together

sorry about the quality had to hold the phone and use 2 controllers
7941 atk red spirit vs 10,000 blue spirit, this isnt right

after far more testing it seems to be that olimar's pikmin scale ludicrously high with any increase to its attack power, the effects of how OP this is depends solely on how strong of a spirit you attach to olimar, any opponent's defensive traits are just not even an issue.
nothing can really counter akuma olimar, or any olimar with any decent spirit combo.
olimar becomes less OP as you give him weaker spirits, more or less, but it seems to be a weird scaling issue

Last edited:

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
o
Does this work in world of light because i have olimar there
yes, this can one hit ko the imprisoned. the event with big king k rool and ghirahim.
its ludicrous, quite honestly he can make spirit boards EZ as hell.
you can use this anytime you can use spirits.
world of light
smash and squad strike
spirit board
arena lobbies
so go wild and quickly abuse this to get all 1297 spirits before it gets patched. and please no online bullying.
infact one more video incoming....

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
The chad Olimar...I hope they never patch this, Olimar deserves his place as rightful god.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, I've been finding Olimar extremely useful in Spirit battles lately.

Compared to other characters, Olimar is god.

I'll probably complete the spirits list with him before it gets patched. :)

Last edited:

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
its olimar.
this is it. click the spoiler for the video.
sorry, if you struggled against this guy before. but now you have an answer.

if this bug is ever mentioned id like that me Turbo64 and Kiran to be credited thats all. valid bug as of patch 1.2.0

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
but smash bros brawl came out before streetfighter x tekken, and it had stickers as customs with some similiar effects
Wait, it did? I thought stickers were only applicable within Subspace? I don't remember them being a thing online.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** this is crazy. I put my maxed-out Akuma in the Demon-style dojo for two hours (Gives a major offense boost at the cost of defense), and in training mode, a Purple pikmin Bair against a target with no Spirits does 520.8 damage. That's not a typo, it does LITERALLY HALF OF THE GAME'S DAMAGE CAP.

And for additional madness/more potato-quality videos, I threw a mushroom into the mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pqTKQp6P1w

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Custom equipment in competitive was a terrible idea because of the RNG generation making it impossible to put everyone on a level playing field. Spirits in competitive are a terrible idea because they have a rock-paper-scissors dynamic which intentionally tilts the match in one player's favor (but at least they dumped the RNG elements). Both have no place in competitive play, but for entirely different reasons.
No one is advocating for Spirits in Competitive play, but this needs to be patched because it is claraly an in-game problem.
Just like the numerous Isabelle Fishing Rod bugs with items have nothing to do with competitive but have to be fixed ASAP.

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
I will update this reply each patch to see if they nerfed god
version 1.21 did not patch olimar...

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I will update this reply each patch to see if they nerfed god
version 1.21 did not patch olimar...
I think this patch will be part of a bigger update. If it’s just an issue with Olimar with spirits turned on, chances are they will need to rework the code more than a standard balance patch.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Anyone know if this bug was unintentionally created on update 1.2.0? Olimar was changed in that update.
Patch 1.2.0 released on the 13th. The earliest I could find anyone talking about this bug was on the 13th (which was when I found out about it too, I happened to try using Olimar in spirits mode for the first time that day.)
I doubt they would have released the game without testing Olimar with spirits.

And thanks to my main Olimar, I was able to finally freaking beat the true final battle without any deaths on hard and get that freaking challenge.

Last edited:

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
this is still possible, read my earlier reply, ill post a new video if you want....

once again sorry for the poor quality had to hold the phone

Last edited:

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
Anyone know if this bug was unintentionally created on update 1.2.0? Olimar was changed in that update.
Patch 1.2.0 released on the 13th. The earliest I could find anyone talking about this bug was on the 13th (which was when I found out about it too, I happened to try using Olimar in spirits mode for the first time that day.)
I doubt they would have released the game without testing Olimar with spirits.

And thanks to my main Olimar, I was able to finally freaking beat the true final battle without any deaths on hard and get that freaking challenge.
well im not sure id say the earliest i came across this must of been around the 13th, but the sad truth is that I stumbled on this, so unless i rollback my updates and check, i cant honestly say this is pre 1.20, if someone can check 1.00 or 1.10 for olimar's bug that would be cool, but from what ive read, it MAY be impossible to rollback

Last edited:

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
You can save replays, convert them to video & upload them to youtube. There's no excuse for off-screen vids.
not good enough, if i wanna show the other stuff outside of replays, ie world of light, news section for the update number, spirit teams showing off the strength and ability of spirits attached, and pretty much anything outside of replays i need a capture card or device. so ya, phone capture is the best i got.

Roviie

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm trying to get through WOL and I haven't beaten Galeem yet, what's the spirit combo you posted in your video Turbo64 Turbo64

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm trying to get through WOL and I haven't beaten Galeem yet, what's the spirit combo you posted in your video Turbo64 Turbo64
its akuma, he doesnt come with slots, but since you get him late in WOL, my recommendation is just go for the biggest amount of stars and the strongest ones you can find to put on olimar, olimar will do the rest.
and as a side note, i found that akuma isnt even the strongest spirit you could add on to olimar, its just the one spirit i thought there would be almost no questions asked about him since he doesnt ENHANCE or have an effect or have any slots and is just recognizably strong.

Last edited:

Mardemonneko

Smash Rookie
people be like
constantly bringing up competitive play for spirits
and I can't help but question that because like, you really think spirits will ever be competitively viable? They are neat thing to mess with in single player, but otherwise? Nah

Turbo64

Smash Rookie
people be like
constantly bringing up competitive play for spirits
and I can't help but question that because like, you really think spirits will ever be competitively viable? They are neat thing to mess with in single player, but otherwise? Nah
No. They will never be competitive. I would the first to call out all the dumb**** balancing issues that would arise from introducing spirits into competitive play. I trust the competitive community, they have already banned FS for the most part in tournaments (good call) and im sure stage bans will be relooked at constantly. One of the most classic spirits that would be superbanned if it ever were considered is Golden mario, it gives super armor. Ya just straight up super armor no downsides like the Slow Super Armor varients which makes the tradeoff by slowing movement speed. Spirit Combos will never be balanced and thats fine. Its for casual relaxing or maybe fun challenging gimmicky fights. I typically join spirit lobbies after many quickplay matches to relax or wind down and not worry about my gsp, but play against others with no judgement on my skill because spirits.

(This second part just is going to address the Olimar bug.)

however, Olimar is just not fair. Any spirit attached to him has an adverse effect to him. Akumas' Spirit is generally seen online as a nongimmicky attack spirit that doesnt give you an inherent advantage, you're more likely to see other spirit combos online, but Olimar (the broken boy) gets super charged and basically makes it look like you are straight up hacking or cheating. And like I noted before this happens to Olimar no matter the strength of the spirit. Since its a scaling issue, Other STRONGER combos then Akuma can be used on Olimar to better effect. More times then not once you see one Olimar in the lobby, the whole room becomes Olimar in mere minutes to combat Olimar.

Thankfully until the patch to Olimar comes, some lobbies kick or straight up try to gang up on Olimars' as a kind of shaming or immunization to toxic Olimar abusers.

(Sorry but im about to brag quite a bit, but its to explain something i find important to the issue)

I have taken down Olimars in 1on1 spirits with varying degrees of success, recently I even 2on1'ed an Olimar and K Rool, but I had to play perfectly, that meant switching off the character I was just playing to switch to Fox (my most competitive Spacie at the moment) to fight them because GETTING HIT TWICE is one stock gone. It ruins my enjoyment of these lobbies, I usually use these lobbies to play characters I'm not good with currently like DK, Samus or the Belmonts. but now I gotta switch into Fox and "GO IN" just because an Olimar showed up.

(my current mains or characters i think im pretty good with are: all spacies, chrom and mario)

So patch 2.0.0 ended olimar's reign as god

Last edited:
Top Bottom