• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Striking Back! (Mewtwo Social)

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Mewtwo was the first dlc character for Smash 4 and a large number of us were overjoyed at his return. But here's the question:

Will Mewtwo appear in Smash Switch? Will he be DLC again or an on-disc unlockable like in Melee?

I certainly hope he's back anyway. I feel like he's earned a slot at this point, especially given the amount of patch work he got in Smash 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I really want to see Mewtwo back. He was my most missed character from Brawl, and was one of the few amazing things about Sm4sh when he came back.

Especially with the awesome shadow recolor.

I do miss that shadow ball wasn't able to damage on charging like it was in Melee, but he was a lot better to play overall. Here's hoping he can stop by again!

D

Deleted member

COUNT ME IN!

By the way, i will make an OP and if you guys like it you can add it to the thread as a welcome post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mewtwo’s still had it good with recent appearances even after its DLC debut in Smash. Pokken made me feel kinda spoiled as a Mewtwo fan tho, but hey.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Hoping Mewtwo is safe this time around. The big deal they made about him returning to the series as the flagship DLC, as well as the fact that they went out of their way to make Mewtwo GOOD in Smash 4, makes me think he might get a bit more respect this time around in regards to priority.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about Mewtwo this time. He was such a big deal coming back as DLC that I don't feel like they'll cut him from the base roster again.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mewtwo’s not someone you have to passionately pull hard for anymore since the ammo against him before (sucks competitively, etc) no longer holds any weight... Part of me might miss that since I was used to debating for him on Ridley levels for so long, even before he was cut from Brawl.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm sure he will return. I'm not too afraid for him. He was only cut from Brawl because of lack of time and resources. He came back as DLC, as he seem to be of lesser priority, but the reaction Nintendo got for adding him back was quite big.

I just hope Mewtwo will be in the main game, and that I could unlock him again. Getting that "A New Challenger Approaching" sign, with his silhouette in Melee. I want that again.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Supporting just because I feel like Mewtwo is always getting the shirt end if the stick

Edit: yes the shirt end that's exactly what I meant

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Mewtwo needs to return but without any Mega Evolutions. I'm not sure what his new Final Smash should be but in my opinion the Mega Evolution shouldn't return.

Morbi

Scavenger
He was cut twice, for whatever reason. It does not make any logical sense, but given how his priority did not seem to change that much and Mewtwo more or less peaked in Gen 6, he is probably not going to return. Especially if they keep Greninja.

That is the best part though, if we get DLC again, he is practically confirmed! Ha ha.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully he doesn't get cut again.
Playing as him in Smash made him one of my favorite Pokemon.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
He was cut twice, for whatever reason. It does not make any logical sense, but given how his priority did not seem to change that much and Mewtwo more or less peaked in Gen 6, he is probably not going to return. Especially if they keep Greninja.

That is the best part though, if we get DLC again, he is practically confirmed! Ha ha.
Well I believe he was fully intended for Brawl but cut for time constraints.

It seems he’s one of those characters that is popular enough to merit DLC but compared to the rest of the cast is put on low-priority.

To have him be cut again this time around, despite his popularity as DLC, would be sketchy.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't see why he wouldn't. The only time a character has been dropped from a Smash game who didn't debut in the game prior was with the Ice Climbers in Smash 4, which was a special case, and I think Mewtwo's pretty much established himself as a series staple by this point. Besides, if they were to drop Mewtwo again, it would kind of be a slap in the face, especially considering how popular a decision it was to bring him back as DLC.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I hope Mewtwo will use magenta energy instead of dark purple energy in its next appearance.

It's a PSYCHIC type for crying out loud, not a ghost type.

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I love the way Mewtwo plays in Smash 4 (obviously, he's my main). Please don't nerf him Matzo Hero Soccer Eye.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
he only failed for main thing twice both were time constraints thank heavens the second time a safety net called dlc caught him in smash 4

so this time hes 100% safe due to dlc being a thing for the smash series now so i hope hes not dlc this time and once again hoping for a new moveset

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I was overjoyed when Mewtwo was revealed as DLC for Smash 4, easily the hypest reveal for me and would be really mad if he is cut again

Mewtwo was planned for 64 alongside Dedede and Bowser but cut due to time restraints and same situation with Brawl, but seeing as he was chosen as first priority for DLC being one of the most popular requests as well as being the most iconic Pokemon alongside Pikachu and Charizard i'm not too worried.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My only problem with Mewtwo right now is how light it is being portrayed. The three lightest fighters should be Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, and Kirby respectively.

Being more around Zelda's weight shouldn't be that hard to ask for Mewtwo.

PF9

Smash Lord
If he comes back, in the English version he should be voiced by Phil Bartlett, who voiced him in the English dub of the First Movie. That movie was the first exposure to Mewtwo outside of the original games for many of us (although to me the second movie was better since it was set in the Orange Islands, which provided lots of Pokeshipping hints).

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
That's like the first and only spam post I've ever made and I apologize for making it, lol. I was tired af when I made it and couldn't think of anything to say, and somehow thought it would slide. I should know better than that.

I guess what I meant to convey with it, though, is that I really hope Mewtwo makes it back. :p Hopefully with his moveset relatively unchanged, too.

Quillion

Smash Hero
My only problem with Mewtwo right now is how light it is being portrayed. The three lightest fighters should be Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, and Kirby respectively.

Yeah, I'd love it if Mewtwo were a psychic-using counterpart to Captain Falcon: heavy, fast, and powerful.

Also, if Mewtwo were the heavy magic user of the roster, there would be no more reason to give Ganondorf more magic moves.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can't picture Mewtwo not being on the base roster this time around honestly.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'd like it if Comfusion pulled people through ledges again.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

A Psychic type of fighter can be hard to adjust to being more heavier I suppose

As long as he's in, I don't care if he's DLC or in game. I'm just happy he came back

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't want to lose my main again especially after I invested so much time learning him in this game.

Plz Sakurai.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
It's unlikely, but I wouldn't mind if Smash 5 M2 used assets from Pokken M2. Namely replacing his useless FTilt with his 6YX.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd love to see Mewtwo come back in Smash Bros.! But one question though:

Since Melee, Mewtwo has used his Japanese voice (Which we've only heard in the Japanese version of Smash), but since he got a new English VA in the Detective Pikachu game, should he have that voice or have a different English voice actor altogether?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It urks me when I read Mewtwo has "high chances of being cut." This echochambered opinion ignores his returning Splash and seemingly, all reason within it.

Then again, I do think Lucas has high likelihood of being cut, particularly if over 10 characters are getting the axe.

So what do I know!

I wish Mewtwo's moves received some visual buffs. I don't mind the attacks except they *all* look immensely weak. I want to see him move the air. I want swirls and storms.
Even for disable.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If Mewtwo doesn't come back the absolute rage that will be on display will be unparalleled.

That being said, I think Sakurai knows how popular he is among Smash players.

Top Bottom