• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter V

finalark

SNORLAX

I'm really surprised we don't have a thread of this already. So yeah, Street Fighter V is a thing that's happening. Right now it's been confirmed for PlayStation 4 and PC. Anyway, some details:

Confirmed Roster:

- Ryu
- Charlie Nash
- Chun-Li
- M. Bison
- Birdie
- Cammy
- Ken
- Necalli (NEW CHARACTER!)
- Vega
- Mika
- Rashid (NEW CHARACTER!)
- Karin
- Zangeif

Trailers:

- First game play trailer
- Charlie Nash reveal trailer
- M. Bison reveal trailer
- Battle system trailer
- E3 2015 Trailer
- Ken reveal trailer
- Necalli reveal trailer
- Vega reveal trailer
- Mika reveal trailer
- Rashid reveal trailer
- Karin reveal trailer
- Zangeif reveal trailer

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I really doubt that. This is Capcom we're talking about. They have a history of sort-lived exclusives.
Except SFV is in co-development with Sony, or was at least funded a bit by them. I can't remember, but there's an agreement to keep it exclusive ala Dead Rising 3.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So which characters would you guys want to see in SFV?
Classic Charlie skin (I don't care if it's not canon, his new skin looks ugly), Guy, Ken, and OCs. I don't really use anyone other than the former three, but I might like some of the OCs.

finalark

SNORLAX
Makoto and Ibuki for sure. I'm not going to say anyone from SFII, though. Nearly every member of the classic SFII roster is nearly a given at this point, unless they surprise us at E3 and announce the game will focus on new characters like SF3 did.

On that note, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the more forgotten SF3 characters make a return. Maybe Remy or Q could be be interesting with some tweaks.

Last edited:
As far as characters returning from SF4, Sakura is my main, so I'm hoping she'll show up. Makoto and Ibuki would also be good to see.

I would like to see some other older characters come back, like Karin, Sodom, Mika, and Q. Birdie came back, so some of those characters wouldn't be reaching too far, I think. In a perfect world, we would see some EX characters making a return so I could see Skullomania in glorious HD.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Very pumped to see Cammy return. I main her in any game she's in.
I'm also loving that they're taking her look from the game Cannon Spike. Great game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Ken is proof as to why you don't do meth or glue bananas to your head while under said meth.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I hope they did not confirm DLC before the game is even out, and meant that the game would actually ship with alt. costumes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Beta starts tonight guys. If you're interested, hope you got your codes already. Less than 2 hours to go.

finalark

SNORLAX
All of you who have a PS4 and are playing the beta right now are lucky.

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see my main man Able from SFIV.

Although if he's not in vanilla SFV then I'm sure he'll be in Super Mega Ultra Turbo Street Fighter V: The World Warrior: Arcade Edition: Omega.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
All of you who have a PS4 and are playing the beta right now are lucky.

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see my main man Able from SFIV.

Although if he's not in vanilla SFV then I'm sure he'll be in Super Mega Ultra Turbo Street Fighter V: The World Warrior: Arcade Edition: Omega.
Server is being strained right now, so no one's really able to play too much if any lol

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I have a beta for this game. I've downloaded it. I know the servers are not currently working, so hopefully they are by the time I get home from work. Can't wait to try this out. I recently purchased the PS4 version of USF4 which included everything, so I've definitely been in a Street Fighter mood lately.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Haven't been posting here for a while. Anyways, last week Capcom unveiled a new fighter during last week's EVO finals.

Meet Necalli:

@ finalark finalark - You can add Necalli to the character list as well.

EDIT: I think I'll go ahead and post my thoughts on which characters will make it in SFV:

So far it had been confirmed that the starting roster will be at 16 with more to come via updates (which I believe they said to be free via the EVO panel.) So far there is currently 7 returning characters and 1 newcomer character. At the same time, a number of rumors had surfaced online and I found one of them which seemed to be very accurate at this point (but still take it with a grain of salt):

Okay I have a couple of rumors for you GAF. They are probably true.

Ken Bogard is well-known in the french VS fighting community. He's a fighting games commentator and also has a weekly show about VS Fighting on french Web TV "Gaming Live". He apparently has a source at Capcom. All the infos he had in the past turned out to be true and he's not the kind of guy who spread out ridiculous rumors.

So take the following as you want GAF, but I'm 100% trusting that dude.

He also has a weekly "shiny hunting" Pokemon show on that web tv. So on his December 5th Show, while playing, he talked a lot about Street Fighter V. He said he knew stuff and that he'll discretely drop hints during the show. Here's what he said:

- Street Fighter V won't have "Super" or "Hyper" editions. Just updates. He doesn't know if these updates will be free or DLC and does not know if they'll be balancing updates or will add characters and stages.
- The number of characters in the starting roster will be between SFIII and SF IV. He knows the number but not the returning cast.
- There'll be 4 new characters and he knows 3 of them.
- Focus Attacks won't return.
- It'll be released in 2016 and that the month is easy to guess. (He said to think about japanese fiscal years).

Then he dropped some interesting clues. He usually nicknames his Pokemon with stupid joke names but not this time.

3 of his pokemons were nicknamed

- Rachid
- Zen
- Laura

We can assume these are the 3 new fighters he knows about. He also kept mentioning 3 places in the world and he said "there was a reason": Brasil, Africa and India. We can assume Rachid is from Africa, Zen will be from India and Laura from Brasil.

He also named another Pokemon "V-Trigger" which is probably the name of the new SFV mechanic.

So, you know everything. I repeat, I think we can 100% trust Ken Bogard but don't forget either: we're still early in development, things can change.

tl;dr: RUMOR (which I believe is true) French VS fighting commentator seems to have info about SFV. Launch date 2016. No new versions, just updates. 4 new characters: Rachid (Africa), Zen (India), Laura (Brasil) and one more. New mechanic called V-trigger.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143302117&postcount=1076

Other rumors had also surfaced which include Siliconera's claims that Alex, Urien, Karin and R. Mika are set to return in SFV. I'm not exactly too certain if they will be in the 16 roster but if they aren't, I could definitely see them as the future DLC characters.

Last edited:

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
I think that the Ken hints are pretty reliable. I heard the Rachid name already 6 months ago from one of his buddies. And Ken is not a guy that would make up rumors. If he says this, someone from Capcom told him.

Now that doesn't mean that they can't have last minute changes

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Ah yes I almost forgot. Back during the Street Fighter panel at EVO, during their video presentation, one particular slide is interesting:

Some people speculate that the background coloring behind the portraits may hint something. Some say that the green represents returning characters, the blue represents characters which had not been in SFIV or had not been in a Street Fighter game for a while and the purple represents the new characters to which I assume Necalli would be placed there.

Can we expect another character reveal for next month?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Uh, I never really got into the Street Fighter series, even with SFIV being eminent for years. I bet I could find the latest edition of it super-cheap for Xbox 360. I'm probably going to get guilty downcasts not playing that game to some extent if I ever get a PS4 to play this.

As an outsider looking in, I'm liking what I see so far. Really applaud Capcom for using the "games-as-service" model with the game roster (and hopefully other content) so it's consistently growing its roster as it goes. Even bigger kudos for making all post-launch characters earnedthrough in-game currency instead of microtransations. Smash Bros. could benefit from this model on both counts.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Some people speculate that the background coloring behind the portraits may hint something. Some say that the green represents returning characters, the blue represents characters which had not been in SFIV or had not been in a Street Fighter game for a while and the purple represents the new characters to which I assume Necalli would be placed there.

Can we expect another character reveal for next month?
I we assume green = SF2&4, blue = other SF, and purple = New

Using the info we have and this hint, the roster is almost known (bold being confirmed, italics being rumors, roman being my guess :p ) :

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Dictator
Cammy

Akuma
Zangief
Sagat

Nash
Birdie

R.Mika
Karin (or Alex? I've heard rumors for both, but none reliable)

Necalli
Rachid
Zen
Laura

That seems a very small roster. There isn't even a spot for boxer, dhalsim, claw, Juri, Gouken
Hyped as hell though :D

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I we assume green = SF2&4, blue = other SF, and purple = New

Using the info we have and this hint, the roster is almost known (bold being confirmed, italics being rumors, roman being my guess :p ) :

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Dictator
Cammy

Akuma
Zangief
Sagat

Nash
Birdie

R.Mika
Karin (or Alex? I've heard rumors for both, but none reliable)

Necalli
Rachid
Zen
Laura

That seems a very small roster. There isn't even a spot for boxer, dhalsim, claw, Juri, Gouken
Hyped as hell though :D

finalark

SNORLAX
I wonder if we're going to see some of the SFIII crew make a return. Given how weird and off the wall most of them are I'd say the only one I could see coming back who hasn't already is Alex and maybe Remmy.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Why do you think Capcom decided to turn Alpha Birdie into this? Is the beer belly supposed to make him a better fighter? Why wasn't he training in prison? He always cared about his hair so much, so why does he allow it to not have the perfect hole-shape anymore?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I wonder if we're going to see some of the SFIII crew make a return. Given how weird and off the wall most of them are I'd say the only one I could see coming back who hasn't already is Alex and maybe Remmy.
I reckon Alex and Urien are the likely candidates to be in.

Personally, I do hope Ibuki and Yun makes it in too.

EDIT: On the roster - Although 16 may seem to be a bit small. I think it will grow over time so I'm sure that some faves maybe saved via the free DLC process.

EDIT2: Vega is confirmed to be back for SFV:

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Vega's new playstyle sounds really interesting. Back when we only saw Ryu and Chun, I was afraid they'd be relying on system mechanics to freshen things up. After seeing Ken and now Vega, I'm not so worried.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Considering there might be a Shadaloo reunion and a possible SF with no Akuma, the roster seems zany now.

We just can't expect the same stuff anymore.

Top Bottom