• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Streaming Smash 64

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I don't know anything about streaming but would like to.

What is the necessary equipment/hardware? What is the necessary software? How do I stream for online and console smash 64?

B Link

Smash Lord
Online requirements:
- You need an account on some streaming website like twitch.tv/livestream.com/hitbox.tv, etc.
- Broadcasting software. Usually the sites will recommend one for you and give you the link (e.g. XSplit or Open Broadcaster Software <- my personal favorite)
- A fast CPU (...and this next part is obvious...but you should also have a decent internet speed, and not be using WiFi lol)
- A good data plan (you're gonna be uploading a lot of gigabytes lol)
- A webcam and mic (optional)

The software is pretty easy to understand. You basically just select the window(s) you want to stream and click Start Broadcast.

I'm not that experienced with console streaming so can't give advice there.

caneut

Smash Ace
around $200 dollar processor, should shoot for $300

atleast 10 mb upload or else ur looking at some low bitrate, just fine for smash tho.

ethernet in wall

and basically what b link said.

for online you will need a dazzle or capture card of some sort that can capture rca. same computer

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
atleast 10 mb upload or else ur looking at some low bitrate, just fine for smash tho.

for online you will need a dazzle or capture card of some sort that can capture rca. same computer
10 mb is overkill for 64. have proper resolution plus mess with bitrate to figure what you can handle

im guessing ur talking about offline, online you just need the broadcasting software and just local capture

caneut

Smash Ace
10 mb is overkill for 64. have proper resolution plus mess with bitrate to figure what you can handle

im guessing ur talking about offline, online you just need the broadcasting software and just local capture
all I know is i have 4mb up and streaming lags my online play, and when streaming 720p counterstrike its blocky as ****, 30fps.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Well I remember my strim looked extra blocky for some reason and it turned out it was because my resolution was weird. Think the stream was stretching it out. And maybe ur connection just can't handle online with streaming, 4mb or 10mb

P D

Smash Ace
you can get away with streaming at 2mb up especially on smash 64. if you're lagging your game you need to play with the settings on OBS

Top Bottom