• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Streaming Melee for Charity! Nov. 2 6:00 PM from Baton Rouge, LA

D

Deleted member

I don't think a lot of people know but Louisiana has a decent melee community. We will be streaming for Extra Life, earning money though donations for the Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital in Baton Rouga, LA. I'm going to host a round robin tournament where all prize money goes to charity, among other events like money matches vs the rest of LA where viewers can bet against me (or for me, if another LA member is willing to take the bet), where the loser has to donate to Extra Life. Take this opportunity to see what LA has to offer since we will be attending APEX 2014, and hopefully you can help us raise money to heal kids. I've teamed up with a local card shop so hopefully we can make a big impact. I have been bragging about how strong the community is at donating to charity so hopefully I won't be disappointed! Unfortunately, we can't stream for 25 hours since most of our community has to work that morning. We will be streaming from 6:00 that night, until we stop getting viewers. Please come by the stream, check out the players, and donate if you can!

http://www.twitch.tv/louisiana_melee <----- stream link
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=48944 <----- My account on Extra Life for donating
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm? <------ Extra Life home page

Mission statement from Extra Life:
Dear Friends and Family,

I'm on a mission to save kids and I need your help.My local Children's Miracle Network Hospital treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.

On November 2nd, 2013, I'll be participating in this huge worldwide celebration of the social impact of gamers of all kinds from video games to board games and tabletop RPG's! It's my sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support my efforts with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to my hospital.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.

Last year, Extra Life raised more than 2 million dollars to save kids, but in 2013 our goals, just like the needs of the kids we serve, are much, much higher. I can't do this without your help. Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please click the "Support This Participant" button on this page.Thank you for caring for our kids!

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Is this short notice or have I just been out of the loop?

Edit: And how much for the tourny? I like giving money to children.

Pritch

Smash Lord
May attempt to make some sort of nola carpool happen for this. Don't have my next job interview till tuesday, so it's not like I have anything better to do.

D

Deleted member

i just figured no one would come except BR. its mostly about the donations and stream. but by all means please come. and no icemann, i just posted this.

Top Bottom