• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Streamed Match : Bowser v Puff

Stockholm Syndrome

Koopa Hot Fiyah
Hey guys its Stockholm Syndrome here again with another streamed/recorded bowser game. Last time it was bowser v marth, now its vs a puff (link below).

This got recorded at versus gaming center in South Florida (our premiere venue down there).

I can see a lot of improvement from myself in the last game I posted, my movement is better (When i dont **** up stupid ass wavelands on platforms lmfao).

I was shaking off a lot of rust, as ive said in another thread, ive been playing bowser a lot less in tourney now a days.

Let me know what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNcCY-SSYtg

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Ooooh **** I know that Puff! We played a couple dollar money matches at McMansion 7 in North Florida.

I played a couple matches as Bowser against him in friendlies, it was clear he didn't really know how to fight Bowser and I think it's the same here lol. Your movement is pretty damn smooth and you did pretty good catching him out of the air. I don't really know Bowser Puff well enough to give any advice, but you did well.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Wow, smooth movement! I've never been able to get a good moonwalk with Bowser - any tips on that lmao.

Well, on your stuff, you improved a lot since last time, it's impressive. :083: One thing tho, sometimes you may find that your opponent camps on the top platform of Battlefield when you are gripping to the ledge. What you can do is a upair out from the ledge, which will hit up to the middle of the platform if performed correctly. A good setup to do this is to flick the c stick down, flick the joystick up and tilt it toward the stage while you flick the c stick up.

I don't know if I teached you anything but well, you're better than me xD

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Wow, smooth movement! I've never been able to get a good moonwalk with Bowser - any tips on that lmao.
Practice. A lot. I used to practice it for several hours every week so that I could slide around with ease. It actually expands your options I would say, since you can reach your opponent faster.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Practice. A lot. I used to practice it for several hours every week so that I could slide around with ease. It actually expands your options I would say, since you can reach your opponent faster.
Well, I've been having fun doing it out of a backward waveland. It's the optimal way to do it right?

As for Jigglypuff, I feel like Bowser is actually one of the hardest character to rest. Hard to grab with puff, you can just upb out of upthrow, and I believe upb comes out faster than rest. The only way Jigglypuff can kill him is either by pushing him out of the stage, which is hard because you can basically upb through her, or with a well placed side smash. You basically force the Puff to pick up your neutral style.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
As for Jigglypuff, I feel like Bowser is actually one of the hardest character to rest. Hard to grab with puff, you can just upb out of upthrow, and I believe upb comes out faster than rest. The only way Jigglypuff can kill him is either by pushing him out of the stage, which is hard because you can basically upb through her, or with a well placed side smash. You basically force the Puff to pick up your neutral style.
Jigglypuff can very easily push Bowser off stage. Once you've got him, you can just wall him off with fairs or bairs and there's isn't really time to upB because you're always in hitstun, unless I've been doing the MU wrong.

Well, I've been having fun doing it out of a backward waveland. It's the optimal way to do it right?
That's how I usually do it. you can also do it out of a wavedash forward to grab ledge which is both stylish and functional. Out of the waveland moonwalk I usually jump and waveland off the platform above me unless the positioning of the opponent would make that a bad move in some way, or if there isn't one I often run out of the waveland (or the moonwalk) to keep myself in motion.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Jigglypuff can very easily push Bowser off stage. Once you've got him, you can just wall him off with fairs or bairs and there's isn't really time to upB because you're always in hitstun, unless I've been doing the MU wrong.
Light shield is your friend for this. It keeps the spacing perfect :083: (Edit: Well, alternate.)

But man I would like to be able to go to weeklies/tournaments more often. :/ I feel like we can bring Boozer way higher than his 25th spot, let's say like above Pichu - that would be insane. But I feel hopeless.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
But man I would like to be able to go to weeklies/tournaments more often. :/ I feel like we can bring Boozer way higher than his 25th spot, let's say like above Pichu - that would be insane. But I feel hopeless.
Bowser sucks, I do think his spot is accurate. That doesn't mean we can't show off though.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Seems like you can use Nair to hit through the bottom of plats on battlefield? Has this been working well? Is it relatively safe?
Yeah the nair hitbox pokes through a bit. It's okay, not the best option. I prefer to uair on their shield if their on plat, or you can jump up and get a KK. Nair would probably be great at higher percents though, at low percents I feel like it wouldn't do much.

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the nair hitbox pokes through a bit. It's okay, not the best option. I prefer to uair on their shield if their on plat, or you can jump up and get a KK. Nair would probably be great at higher percents though, at low percents I feel like it wouldn't do much.
The Uair from below plat only works if you don't FF?

What you can do is a upair out from the ledge, which will hit up to the middle of the platform if performed correctly.
Also, didn't know this so thanks. x]

Last edited:
Top Bottom