• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Stream Assist Tool] Stream Updater by Abszol [Tested Consistently]

Abszol

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
I stream for Syracuse, NY's tournaments for TheManaLord and Fingerlakes Smash, Geneva for Daga. I wrote a Stream Control software in Java that helps control your streams but doing quite a bit of things that I haven't seen yet by this community which kind of sucks but is a great opportunity for me to venture into.

Here is the tool: https://github.com/IAmAbszol/StreamUpdater --> Simply click "Clone or download", download as .zip and finally unpack the Stream.rar for the tool.

Tutorials Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq2FmqMH7e4&list=PLm3idvas2apBW-81fAx-xnUMBMc_pyZZH

Report a bug (Use this page): http://pastebin.com/PsdzWf1e

Requirements/Suggestions
Suggested: Latest JRE
Required: 1.7 or higher JRE

Suggested: FFmpeg installed native on your system, view tutorials playlist on how to do so.

Required: Windows 7 or higher
Suggested: OBS Studio as the stream platform

Required: If you are planning to make your life 100x easier, the file output for OBS must be a .flv file extension, found by VLC Media Player --> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

The tool contains the features of
  • Enlisting entrants into your stream manually or through excel sheet
  • Enlisting commentators into your stream and even add sponsors logos into your stream
  • Manage singles or doubles by drop down boxes for players or manually override to input a user that might have not been enlisted (Enlisting live updates your drop down boxes)
  • Change player characters, update rounds, main titles, commentator names
  • Each player or commentator can have their information stored into a text file, information being twitter handle, youtube url, etc
  • Restrict output to 1 line, this was an old feature to be able to use OBS Studio while not having to worry about showing the two lines (Before custom text width/height was added)
  • Select your OBS Studio .flv output file and choose to capture it live inside your program.
  • The settings in place allow the PLAYERONE vs PLAYERTWO etc to be changed to what players, rounds, maintitle, etc were currently present during that snippet of recording. Then simply convert and render later by saving your object (Which contains your streaming information)
  • File Tab allows for path manipulation by declaring the path's for the program to look at and allow the user to save their configuration.
  • The program uses FFMpeg to record the stream snippets, please check them out and install the program. It is not necessary since the program is packaged with ffmpeg but it will help increase the speed of which the information/rendering happens --> https://www.ffmpeg.org/
Currently known bugs inside or outside the program
  1. OBS Studio is the only known streaming tool that outputs .flv without creating a lock onto it, OBS Classic does this locking which prevents FFMpeg from accessing the file information. DO NOT OUTPUT AS .MP4, MP4 CONTAINERS SEEM TO LOCK EVERYTHING UP!!! NO DATA CAN BE ACCESSED!
  2. Doubles Player 3 or Player 4 may not be written to, slight idea as to why but not tested yet.

December 1st, 2016
  • Brought back Render, soon to be renamed to Render All. This feature individually renders your stream snippets by monitoring the process called by ProcessBuilder a.k.a ffmpeg.exe.
  • Check if the file is still being streamed before conversion happens. This is a mandatory check due to ffmpeg and the codec's not supporting a proper ending indication to when the stream is to be frozen at. Basically, if you render live, it will have no idea the proper buffer, etc, thus causing clips to be a mess.

December 1st, 2016
  • Fixed image writing, forgot to add in a simple dynamic stream check.
  • Depcrecated old render setup function inside Rendering Engine.

November 28th, 2016
  • Doubles was fixed, had to re-initialize boolean datatypes between switching from singles to doubles.
  • Thumbnail editor failed with certain data input, this has been restricted to .txt, .png, .jpg files. Soon the FileChooser will only display such types but till then, this check has been implemented. I know how to write this it's just checking for any potential l33t hacks in bypassing it.

If you find any bugs, feel free to post on this forum and follow the bug reporting system above.

THANKS GUYS! Hope this tool is helpful to everyone and don't forget to donate. The link is found within the About Me Tab inside the program. I'm no "money hog", the donations help for me to put towards gas money to help TheManaLord keep Upstate NY relevant and alive. We have some amazing talent coming out so everything else helps, even using this program and getting my name out there.

Updates are always happening, I ain't no bum.

Last edited:

Abszol

Smash Rookie
New feature added, please update all existing copies.

New Feature
  • Process Monitoring, simply click "Render" after the end of a stream at the very bottom. This will enact individual rendering and wait until the other process has finished. Basically I'm saying you can walk away or go to sleep and expect the recordings to be complete in the morning thus more dynamic.
Bug fix
  • I forgot to update a simple dynamic feature towards the image write out, this has been fixed.
Bug(s) to be fixed
  • Player 3 or Player 4 sometimes doesn't write and thus destroys the possibility of ever being written to for the Thumbnail Editor, this will be fixed soon.
Thanks guys, keep up to date daily. Update your copies every few days since no standalone updater has been built yet, this may occur in the future but don't expect it to happen.

Top Bottom