• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Stratocaster's Hitbox System - New Download Link!

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I'll think about it if I get too tired of waiting.
I'm hoping to buy Minecraft tomorrow so if I don't get too caught up with that, I should have all the frames collected by this Saturday. Worst case scenario, I'll finish up next Saturday.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping to buy Minecraft tomorrow so if I don't get too caught up with that, I should have all the frames collected by this Saturday. Worst case scenario, I'll finish up next Saturday.
Dude, if you're planning on doing anything BUT Minecraft, don't buy it. I'm so wrapped up in MC right now, I have no idea what to do.

rhan

Smash Hero
Where's Young Link's folder so I can get started on putting the ifs together?

I don't have an AR/Cube/Recording Equip. So I can't really do it myself.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Where's Young Link's folder so I can get started on putting the ifs together?

I don't have an AR/Cube/Recording Equip. So I can't really do it myself.
1) The sign-ups are for compiling images, not creating the gifs. If anyone has GIMP experience/ can follow directions thoroughly/ has lots of free time I could now use someone to help edit or post them. I would rather do it myself, but if I can't get a few posted this weekend, then I'm giving up on finding free time. I didnt realize I'd be this busy all the time...

2) Not only do you not need any of that stuff, I don't even want you to use it (see MooseEatsBear). Dolphin gives crisper images than the cube does, and is a lot easier. If you want to do that tell me and I can send you the whole package you need to get started (if I didn't already, I ususally send it to anyone I put on the OP list. Check if you have any pm's from me) If you don't want to do that, then I'll take your name of the list so hopefully someone else will want to do it.

X1-12

Smash Champion
argh, I'll get samus done sometime, maybe finish her tomorrow when I have some time

btw Stratocaster do you mind if I link peach in my sig?

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I finished Yoshi, minus the side-B, for whoever was wondering about Yoshi, lol. I wouldn't mind doing Ness if he didn't have so many weird projectiles (aka basically all his special moves except down-B). Well, up-B isn't bad, but neutral B varies so much in hitbox size, and idk how side-B would be recorded P:

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
for Ness, just do what you can and if you can't figure out the best thing to do either use your best judgment or leave it out. Doint all but 2 moves is A LOT more useful to me than not doing it because I might have to go back and fill in some gaps

right now I'm working on the following at once:
Kirby
Luigi
Link
Mewtwo
G&W

X1-12 is working on:
Ganon
Samus

So my 5 characters are most of the way through the editing process, and when all 5 are done I'll post them all at once. So expect a big update within 2 weeks...

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I'm working on Zelda, doing it a different way (gasp)

http://cosmo.dreamhosters.com/hitboxes/
umm cool? I've got good reasons to not do it like that (mostly cause I'm not doing just one character) but thats cool. You should post that in the Zelda boards. One question though. Did you add the numbers at the bottom manually? If you have some quick way of doing it that'd be so cool, but I'm not going to put those in manually for 26 characters. I do have a life.

rhan

Smash Hero
Can someone send me links to EVERYTHING I will needs to do this? Honestly I have nothing but freetime from Monday - Wednesday and I could have finished more then one character a week..

I feel so useless... feed me...

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Okay, finished the Ness frames just under a week. Truth be told, I do it actually two days (one day for the grounded moves, one day for the aerial moves), but it's so hard to actually get to work on it sometimes, lol.

Sending, Strato~

I can also work on Zelda with your standards if you want. P: Probably another week or two for her.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Okay, finished the Ness frames just under a week. Truth be told, I do it actually two days (one day for the grounded moves, one day for the aerial moves), but it's so hard to actually get to work on it sometimes, lol.

Sending, Strato~

I can also work on Zelda with your standards if you want. P: Probably another week or two for her.
Awesome stuff man! thanks.

rhan

Smash Hero
Dolphon won't play the Rom. Says something about the PLugin GCPad cannot be read. Or something like that.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I believe the answer to your problem can be found here
If you read the tech guide thats in bold, large, caps on the OP, theres a link there to it if you need it again. I believe the solution to your specific problem is in the second box labeled 'If you can't move the Character/get controller errors'

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
Good news for Bowser fans everywhere! My syllabuses (syllabi?) don't have that much stuff listed this week so I should finally have some time to get this done.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I felt bad for not doing any of the frame collection all week so I did it all in one sitting ._. Zelda frames are done and are being sent to Strato.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Unfortunately unless someone would like to take my work so far, which is a lot, and just work from there and finish it... ya theres not going to be much done until at least winter break. I'll be working on it here and there, but I've become too busy to get much work done on it in the near future. Anyone interested on working on this type of project though I have a great headstart already done and I can tell you everything you need to do.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
finals next week, then I I may spend time actually working on this again. I felt like there wasn't really that much interest in the project anyway so I lost motivation.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
^This

The weeks after Christmas are gonna be boring as hell. I'll probably FINALLY do Bowser then.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
I could also probably do one since I upgraded my graphics card over this semester and can actually run it now (the one I did before was on a friend's computer). I will let you know once semester break comes.

GOD!

Smash Ace
DEfinitely interested in the results

I tried to do some but my computer kept crashing when I tried to open the game in dolphin :(

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
Strato, lemme call Sheik one more time. I'm getting a new laptop for Christmas,so I'll be able to do it this time.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
finals next week, then I I may spend time actually working on this again. I felt like there wasn't really that much interest in the project anyway so I lost motivation.
I'm definitely interested. I think this would be really amazing to have, especially for all the characters that weren't done in Seanson's.

If it's completed I'm pretty sure you could get someone write a viewer in Java. I would do it myself if someone more qualified didn't volunteer.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Donkey Kong Hitboxes and Frame Data
I tried to be as meticulous as possible. Also note that the aerials do not have hitbox drag due to interpolation; I hex edited DK's gravity attribute to 0 to achieve infinite float DK for this.

Top Bottom