• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Stratocaster's Hitbox System - New Download Link!

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
The download link has been down for a little while and is now removed altogether.
Part of the reason is that there are several unfinished pieces, not that many, but it's an incomplete product.

Threads are up for all characters!

Download is down for now.

Bowser- Seikend
CFalcon- Stratocaster
Donkey Kong- Strong Bad
Doc - standardtoaster
Falco - Seikend
Fox- Stratocaster
Ganon- standardtoaster
IC- Stratocaster
Jiggs - Massive
Kirby- Shoopman
Link- standardtoaster
Luigi- standardtoaster
Mario- Stratocaster
Marth- Stratocaster
Mewtwo- standardtoaster
Mr G&W- standardtoaster
Ness- standardtoaster
Peach- Emma Watson's Boyfriend
Pichu- Seikend (Including Ledge Options)
Pikachu- Stratocaster
Roy- Aizen (incomplete)
Samus- knihT
Sheik- Stratocaster
Yoshi- mastermoo420
YLink- standardtoaster
Zelda- mastermoo420

Credits for downloadable frames:
Bowser- Stratocaster
CFalcon- Stratocaster
Donkey Kong- Stratocaster
Doc - Stratocaster
Falco - Stratocaster
Fox- Stratocaster
Ganon- Emma Watson's Boyfriend
IC- Stratocaster
Jiggs - Massive
Kirby- Shoopman/Stratocaster
Link- mastermoo420
Luigi- mastermoo420
Mario- Stratocaster
Marth- Stratocaster
Mewtwo- Stratocaster
Mr G&W- Dre the Ace
Ness- Stratocaster
Peach- Emma Watson's Boyfriend
Pichu- Stratocaster
Pikachu- Stratocaster
Roy-
Samus- knihT
Sheik- Stratocaster
Yoshi- mastermoo420
YLink- Stratocaster
Zelda- mastermoo420

Sorry if any are miscredited

Last edited:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Just an amazing idea I have. If it's going to be another web site have 2 videos next to each other so you can compare the range you could line them up and see how much more range fox's jab has than pichu's f-smash which is a fair amount. also I think ducking would be a neat feature to add in like just like 7 frames of someone ducking to see if to can avoid ____________. it;s much eaiser than testing carefully for like 30 minutes seeing all the different ways like boost grab, standing, running when you have to test it by yourself.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
you can download the files yourself and use photoshop (GIMP if your cheap like me, is free), and adjust them to line them up like you want and compare, I'd like a program that can do all that more easily like your saying but that takes programming and someone else will have to try that out. I was almost positive you were going to come in here and sign up for pichu, but I remembered you don't have your own computer...

The primary goal of this is just to have the hitbox images high quality all here on smashboards so you can see where your hitboxes are compared to your character

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I have good news this week I got my old computer back and i'm looking forward to a new project. h*** I know pichu's frame data and no one esle cares about pichu so I geuss i'll have to do it.

I can program a little bit maybe I could help somewhat however I'm only use to school stuff so I won;t be totally sure how to get it up and working 100%. but as far as my idea I won't know how.

where are the files????

Pi

Smash Hero
I'll take samus, but if someone else wants her feel free, or we could split the work or w/e.

Also I really like seeing frame by frame (actually selecting them, like in seansons), so even if you just have all the frames download-able somewhere at some point that would be fine.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I bet you won't have to split the work, I did all of it in 2.5 hours for CFalcon, I bet I could do Falco by tomorrow

ya all the frames will be downloadable and hopefully a similar program will be created to see them frame-by-frame like seansons later

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
X1-12 you can get started on making a program like that
Gustav I know thats the ideal but its gotta be someone else cause thats not my field

and this guy Aizen PMed me 3 at a time without even telling me he was going to.. that was awesome and surprising

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey i'm sorry but I'm having problems with getting it started the opening of the melee holder to then set up melee and the download is uber long and I'm downloading it a 2nd time because it doesn't seem to be working right.

X1-12

Smash Champion
the downloads for me took 5 and a half hours so meh, I'm out tomorrow but I'll probably do the whole of marth on weds unless I'm doing something

X1-12

Smash Champion
yeah I'm having some trouble but having a fiddle about extracting the files instead of running them see if that helps

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
are you sure you used the right one for your operating system- 32 or 64?

other than that I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you, but sometimes its just like that, you could try re-downloading dolphin from the official website if its not working at all

EDIT: wait you did extract the files first before trying to use them right! Unzip it first

X1-12

Smash Champion
argh :mad: more problems

I extracted and stuff but if I try to open the game or change the GC controls I get "error loading plugins" blahh

it makes dolphin crash right after

EDIT: I fixed it by downloading a new version of directX I think its working now but its late (in UK) so no more for today

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
google search dolphin + your error message, that usually helps me fix any problems I have, if all else fails, try downloading it from the official site, it usually works that way (though thats basically what I gave you accept I enabled the cheats you need...)

Athkore I'll update the OP and send you the package

If people keep having problems I'll just do this with Aiken but it'll take a while longer

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
imo make it animate at 1/4th speed, have a white number in the bottom corner that indicates which frame it is currently on.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I'll see if I can automate a function to put a an increasing number on a string of images like that... if I can't I really don't want to put them all on individually, that'd take like 100 hours or something ridiculous

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You could use gimp for this? You say it takes around 3 hours for a character eh? I might try one, I gotta to something.

I'll try out a character and I'll let you know if I am capable of doing it. (it shouldn't be hard anyways)

So yes, I am saying I'll take a crack at this, you need the help. : D

I'll try jiggs first. Also Icies. : D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
um you could probably get someone good w/ java or html do something like Seanson's thing except actually make it work.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I've got an all right computer. I can only run Dolphin at about 20 fps though. If that's enough, I'll do Peach.

Pi

Smash Hero
I've got an all right computer. I can only run Dolphin at about 20 fps though. If that's enough, I'll do Peach.
That's enough, since you're dealing in frame by frame for most of the work having a -good- or -bad- computer is pretty irrelevant.

As long as you can set it up fine, and it actually runs w/o your computer bursting into flames because you've got 2mb of ram and a video chip from the early 90's.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
@ mooseeatsbear and siglemic, send me a pic of what a single screen looks like, if its as good quality as it is with an emulator than you can do it, otherwise thanks but no thanks. I'm looking for high quality so...

emma watson's bf you should get a PM soon and you'll be added to the OP

X1-12

Smash Champion
:mad: I'm soo close.. I really want to do this but when I load up the game it says cheat active Debug menu but I can't get there. man I really wanna do this

I used the non-torrent version, is it possible that its the code for the wrong version of ssbm?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
do you know whats wrong? you might want to post it in case others have similar problems, also check out the OP and click on Captain Falcon to see the finished product

X1-12

Smash Champion
Those who downloaded the game NOT THE TORRENT may have a problem getting to the debug menu, here is what you have to do.

1.) Right click on the game, select Properties
2.) Change tab to "AR Codes" look at the bottom and press "EDIT CONFIG"
3.) A notepad file should open. Scroll to the bottom and write on a new line:

$WORKING DEBUG
01CC2E1C 08000000
024D5B9C 00000602

4.) Save the notepad file. In the previous menu of all cheats, scroll down and uncheck "Debug Menu" and check "WORKING DEBUG"
5.) Load the game and follow instructions as normal
6.) Profit $$$$$$

EDIT: If you have trouble with this feel free to PM me or post here

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
Well, if the pictures that I send you are good enough, then sign me up for Sheik.

Then I wanna do Ganondorf.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
The raw data for Peach is done. I want to do Ganondorf next, if it's all right with Moose.

Here's a tip for you other volunteers. Use Dolphin's save state feature. It expedites the process and makes uniformity extremely easy. Press Shift+F1 (or F2-F6 or more) to save, and then press that F button to load that frame.

Top Bottom