• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy vs Neutral B at the edge?

I feel like whenever I get caught by this move, I basically just die. I can't mash out of it in time at almost any %. I feel I'm clearly doing something wrong. Should I be holding in so as to not go offstage? Is this % based? Or are you just screwed if you get hit by Neutral B at the ledge with a character with poor recovery?

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
It is indeed percent based. It pretty much depends on how low you go and who’s the character recovering. If he lays you offstage without your double jump, I’d probably say definitely.

Yoshi’s online are total degenerates with this move. Remember this move can be B reversed as a mix up. So just bare that in when he runs away by the ledge.

Gamer Cube

Smash Apprentice
Ya... That's pretty hard to get out of. At high percents, just mash like it's the last day of your life, because it probably is, considering you use Cpt. Falcon. I hate it when this happens because I ran into one guy who taunted at the edge while i was at 80 and I kept messing up spot dodge and dying immediately because nobody I can use has good vertical recovery except Pac-Man, who I wasn't using.

Also, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. It's just a cheese move.

Hello from Bountiful BTW!

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Harder to mash out of at higher percents, but you should definitely be able to mash out at lower. I recommend finding a good mash method -- if you just mash any/all buttons you can come out with a bad move and end up killing yourself. I personally mash jump/airdodge, but circling the left stick quickly is also generally recommended because you won't input any moves.
Holding in so you don't go offstage WILL work, though it depends where you're grabbed.
If you see Yoshi fishing for egg lay on the ledge, don't forget that you're not obliged to run into him and can just force him to approach you instead by waiting outside his range.
Egg lay isn't incredibly fast so you SHOULD be able to whack him for missing it, but I haven't done that much from personal experience so don't quote me on that.

Top Bottom