• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategies When Teaming With a Fox?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
For people who have experience teaming with a Fox as Sheik, what is it that I should be looking for/doing? I have experience teaming with a Peach and a Falcon, but I teamed with a Fox player recently, and I just felt kinda lost. Any advice is welcome!

taz3141

Smash Rookie
For people who have experience teaming with a Fox as Sheik, what is it that I should be looking for/doing? I have experience teaming with a Peach and a Falcon, but I teamed with a Fox player recently, and I just felt kinda lost. Any advice is welcome!
Playing with a fox is very different than playing with falcon or peach. Falcon and (especially) Peach are more geared towards a support role. This means that as a sheik main you are forced to be more aggressive because you have better combo starters than your teammates. Fox, however, has very good offensive tools. This allows sheik to take a full support role. As a sheik teaming with a fox your job is to help your teammate by breaking up opponent's combos, continuing your teammate's combos and making opportunistic edge-guards. Stock tanking is also super important with a fox teammate. This is because fox can die super quickly off of one mistake.

If you want to see a great example of how to team with a fox watch the sets of Mafia and Leffen teaming at summit 3. This is a Peach Fox team but it is still worth watching because mafia does a great job playing the support role.

As far as things to look for, Fox is very good at getting the opponent off stage. Be ready for this because edge-gaurding will fall mostly on you. While fox has an amazing edge-gaurding game, going off stage is super dangerous for fax if an opponent is off stage. Whenever possible you should be the one going off stage to edge-gaurd. This is because edge-gaurds against sheik tend to be very long so your teammate can save you. Edge-gaurds against fox on the other hand can be over in seconds.

I hope that this was helpful for you.

Top Bottom