• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange or interesting AI exploits

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Was wondering what is your favorite or most interesting exploit/vulnerability you take advantage of when playing against a CPU?

An oddity I noticed very early in my Melee days is that when you Nair a CPU as they recover no matter what level they are or what percentage they are at for some reason they will not try and recover again until they are WAY at the bottom off the screen (usually they just die never trying to recover again). It makes no sense and it only seems to work with any character's Nair it's like they have some imaginary hitstun that last 4 times as long when they get Nair'ed.

Last edited:

Segnifs

Smash Cadet
Everytime the cpu knocks you away or ko's you they taunt you after that, so you can punish them with a falcon punch or any other deadly move. Also the cpu is vulnerable to dash attack juggles and edge camping with ^ b with zelda sometimes the cpu runs right into it and gets juggled.

Sheik's chain is great at ensnaring the cpu, you can set the chain and either spike them down or juggle them for a bit, the cpu's recovery is bad so it's easy to trap it after knocking it off the stage.

Last edited:

Nickel

Smash Rookie
I like how on certain stages if you just hold the ledge some CPUs will literally just jump off and kill themselves. More specifically Mario on the stage with the boat(cant think of name).

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Some of my favorite exploits:
  • Picking Jungle Japes against a level 9 Ness in port 4 while I'm in port 1.
  • Holding ledge on multiple stages against Doc who will try to run off stage and fair me, miss, and then get edgehogged.
  • Standing still a few pixels away from the edge of a platform so the CPU can't find a path to me.
GALE01-34.png

Edit: This is worth linking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom