• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange Falco Tech

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
I was messing around with Falco when I discovered something weird. If you are close to the ledge as falco and do the first to jabs while holding back. When the two jabs finish, falco will grab ledge. I can try to make a video if wanted. This tech isn't exactly useful, but this is the most stylish was to grab ledge.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I was messing around with Falco when I discovered something weird. If you are close to the ledge as falco and do the first to jabs while holding back. When the two jabs finish, falco will grab ledge. I can try to make a video if wanted. This tech isn't exactly useful, but this is the most stylish was to grab ledge.
Huh, Idk if that was possible in Melee.
If it wasn't it is prolly b/c of the new Brawl jab.
The occurrence is well understood. It happens with lots of dash attacks too.

I guess you could possibly Jab -> Dair

If you find any new combos with it I think it might warrant a video.

Edit: wait, it turns Falco around? That's new.

Last edited:

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
It's a glitch left over from release points being fixed. Every character can abuse this one way by rolling into the ledge, and hitting down and towards the ledge. This allows every character to grab the ledge within 5 frames. From what I can tell, characters now shift momentum, and turn around 1 frame later, except when dashing. I know CF has some weird momentum glitches were he can sprint to ledge, tetter momentarily, and instantly aerial offstage.

Top Bottom