• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STR charity Smash tourney Feat. Wizzrobe, Sheermadness, Lord Narwhal, NTA, Nintendude , and more!

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Hey guys so ive had a few people tell me that the noon starting time on friday for 64 at STR is making it difficult for them to attend this tournament. I Talked to the head TO and he said that while moving it to saturday is not possible, he may be able to move it to a later time on Friday. If the 12 PM starting time is a problem for you PLEASE RESPOND and tell me a time that would work better for you.

Also, STR already has 32 signed up and from what i can tell none of them are people from smashboards. YOU GUYS STOP BEING LAZY AND SIGN UP ALREADY. Registration price increases from 30$ to 40$ in just a few days so sign up!

NTA

Smash Lord
Hey guys so ive had a few people tell me that the noon starting time on friday for 64 at STR is making it difficult for them to attend this tournament. I Talked to the head TO and he said that while moving it to saturday is not possible, he may be able to move it to a later time on Friday. If the 12 PM starting time is a problem for you PLEASE RESPOND and tell me a time that would work better for you.

Also, STR already has 32 signed up and from what i can tell none of them are people from smashboards. YOU GUYS STOP BEING LAZY AND SIGN UP ALREADY. Registration price increases from 30$ to 40$ in just a few days so sign up!
I swear I registered last week lmfao

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice

Anytime after 4 would be preferred, since we should all be pretty exhausted Friday morning. And I'll sign up today!

Edit: I'm registered, I expect to be seeded in the top 25

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Registration fee increases from 30$ to 40$ on Friday with the final deadline to register on October 9th! Also, i talked to the TO Alex and convinced him to move the start time from 12pm on Friday to 4pm on Friday for 64. I think this will be better for everyone involved. We also discussed streaming top 4 singles on Saturday rather than Friday night but this is still TBD.

In other news Smash till Dawn is happening this Saturday!. 64 starts at 10pm and 64 stream should start at 11pm. ill update with the stream link soon. This event is turning out to be pretty big. I expect a good number of entrants and also we have Wizzrobe, Sheermadness, Tank and myself all confirmed.

interesting storylines for STD this Saturday: Sheer has a new weapon in his arsenal that he thinks might give him the edge against Wizzrobe. Tank hasn't played in a serious tourney in ages but has been actively playing and has continued to improve. He may be a surprise threat on Saturday. Antwon420 Antwon420 is traveling from West Palm Beach to get revenge on Orlando player Zero who narrowly defeated him in a recent west palm tournament in one of the most entertaining sets i have seen. Expect a high stakes mm from these two

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I called off for the Friday of STR but not Saturday. Not going to call off Saturday too, I need the money.

I work until 11:30 am on Saturdays. If top 4 for STR does get moved to Saturday make sure it's like 2pm at the earliest so I can still make it out after work.

Last edited:

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
Thanks marbles, that'll really help us out. And what will the format of the tournament be? Will there be pools or are we just going to jump right in to a double elimination bracket?

Also narwhal, if you come to this You can money match NTA for 20 bucks. I'll be his bankroll and also accept the winnings he'll get after he beats your falcon with his jiggly

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Thanks marbles, that'll really help us out. And what will the format of the tournament be? Will there be pools or are we just going to jump right in to a double elimination bracket?

Also narwhal, if you come to this You can money match NTA for 20 bucks. I'll be his bankroll and also accept the winnings he'll get after he beats your falcon with his jiggly
more than likely a double elim bracket. Which is really no different than any other 64 tournament

NTA

Smash Lord
Sheer has a new weapon in his arsenal that he thinks might give him the edge against Wizzrobe. Tank hasn't played in a serious tourney in ages but has been actively playing and has continued to improve. He may be a surprise threat on Saturday
Purple color yoshi prob

Yes, me and tank are going to destroy you all in teams. I will let him get the kills while i go for damage and set up opportunities for him :D

NTA

Smash Lord
m2k entered smash64 at std and made top 3 with sheer and wizzy lol

he better at str or he's certified scrub

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
m2k entered smash64 at std and made top 3 with sheer and wizzy lol

he better at str or he's certified scrub
go ahead and add me to the list of scrublords that have lost to m2k
Was anything streamed or recorded?
unfortunately no. We were supposed to get stream time but the other tournaments ran so horribly behind schedule that we never got the chance

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Well my Pika was 1-4. I went Ness 1 game because sometimes Wizzy takes a game for 2 to adapt to my Ness so I thought maybe I could catch him off guard.

EDIT: wtf am I saying he did 5-1 my Pika.

I'm super aggro and he baits me pretty hard into bad approaches with Pika. Got to work on that.

Last edited:

Antwon420

Smash Apprentice
I played wizzy at like 5 a.m. And was managing to take 2 stocks a game which I was pretty proud off. Playing sheer earlier helped me because he was giving me advice on the puff yoshi match up and by the time I played wizzy I was able to avoid his attacks because I was getting better at noticing him parry me and I avoided his follow ups.

Morin0

Smash Lord
You guys should make an effort to let people you know who obviously entered for "fun" about the competitive scene and how to start online if they are interested in playing more.

Top Bottom