• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STR charity Smash tourney Feat. Wizzrobe, Sheermadness, Lord Narwhal, NTA, Nintendude , and more!

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Florida's largest ever smash 64 tournament with 106 entrants! (and other games + speedrunning)

Smash the Record: https://www.facebook.com/events/1441163106187651/ from october 23-25 In Orlando. For anyone who doesn't know what smash the record is i recommend you check it out. it was really cool last year and they just added 64! for any out of state players with the smash itch this will be the tourney to attend.

Singles for 64 starts at 4pm on Friday October 23rd and it will be a one day tourney for 64. Top 4 SHOULD be streamed by http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp or by http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc
the rest of the tournament will hopefully be streamed by Narwhal on http://www.twitch.tv/lordnarwhal assuming we are able to access venue internet

Notable entrants: Wizzrobe Sheermadess TANK MrMarbles Lord Narwhal NTA Nindendude Kirbstomper Werewyatt Stylisland Hen10r Antwon420 Grahamaglam Nothing Westballz Fuzzyness

Full Weekend schedule: http://www.smashtherecord.com/event-schedule

Last edited:

GeeDee_

Smash Rookie
Me and my roommate Draixen are down for going to smash the record, but tbh that would probably mean skipping the tourny in new jersey at that video game convention to put some cash away, not sure yet. We'd be heading there from Virginia Beach, which is a hell of a trek, but if someone halfway/wherever in between would be willing to put up with us for a night or needs a ride there, we'd be more than up for that.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
gonna have to miss str. flights are $1000 from toronto :(

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Dang, really? I've only dug as deep as a quick google for curiosities sake, but It's looking like it'd be like 3-4 hundred for a round trip. Then again the last time I took a plane anywhere I think I was 5 or 6, so what would I know
im from canada

Draixen

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1435-6088-9054
Like GeeDee_ said, him and I are making the hot 11 hour trek from Virginia Beach down to Orlando and are more than happy to scoop some of you fools along the way for the price of some gas and dealing with our shenanigans.

I put together a list of notable towns in each state we're passing through, so if you're in need of transportation and see something up here that you're close to, don't be afraid to let me know. You can message me on here or on Facebook (facebook.com/darien.wells.50) and let me know what's up!

Virginia:
Virginia Beach
Norfolk
Chesapeake
Emporia

North Carolina:
Rocky Mount
Raleigh
Wilson
Goldsboro
Fayetteville

South Carolina:
Florence
Sumter
Walterboro

Georgia:
Savannah
Brunswick

Florida:
Jacksonville
St. Augustine
Palm Coast
Daytona Beach

This isn't a very comprehensive list either, just some big cities that I saw were on the way. So once again, if you think your place is swingable on this trip, don't be afraid to ask. I'll have to do some number crunching to figure out gas and whatnot, but that'll also fluctuate on how many people we pick up. I know GeeDee_ can fit 5 people including himself and I can fit a max of 7 including myself. So, we've got the space one way or another, we just need bodies.

Or we can just go alone and get annoyed with each other after the first two hours. <3

gonna have to miss str. flights are $1000 from toronto :(
This really sucks dude. :T I was hoping to have another run-in with the Puff and actually play you.

Last edited:

Compatible

Smash Cadet
I'm 20-30 mins from Rocky Mount, NC and I know a couple in Raleigh, NC. Also, I have to be in St. Pete Beach Florida October 28-30th... I will see if I can come down early and pass through Orlando for that tournament.

Hentenaar

Smash Cadet
I put together a list of notable towns in each state we're passing through
Georgia:
Savannah
Brunswick
lol @ brunswick being a notable town

but this is actually pretty cool..if i end up going to this, i might hitch a ride

GeeDee_

Smash Rookie
Or we can just go alone and get annoyed with each other after the first two hours. <3
Dang.

im from canada
When I looked it up it was from toronto to orlando in google flights, and i put in round trip 23rd-25th and 3-4 hund-o was what it spat out. Again, not like I did too much digging, but it was more out of "holy **** are flights always that expensive!?"
---
But yeah, like darien posted, were definitely down for scooping some people up if it means more people can make it out. Since were gonna be down that way, I'll probably say hey to my parents in in Greensboro NC for awhile, so anyone near the Raleigh area definitely has enough time to hit us up if need be.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
bump. I would love to see some out of state players make their way to this. @ Sedda Sedda @ lord narwhal lord narwhal @ C caneut @ Bark Sanchez Bark Sanchez @Darkhorse @ Shears Shears what do you guys think? I can offer free housing to anyone who comes in from out of town for this.

small update: I'm fairly certain that smash the record will not have any type of prize pool as it is a for charity event. This event will probably be more casual,However it will still be loads of fun and many good games to be had with Wizzy and sheer in attendance. As for smash till dawn there is a 100$ pot bonus for 64 so if you are interested in attending a more serious tournament that might be the one to attend.

Bark Sanchez

Smash Apprentice
October is a bad month for Darkhorse and I. Also I've dumped so much $ on travel already... Would like to go down there sometime, but for now you may have to settle for Baby Bark.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I'm not too sure yet. I have something else coming up in October, but I'll see if I can still make it

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
If I can get a car I can probably drive up from Miami. Is it possible to put the event details in the first post? Don't have facebook access at work.

Shears

Smash Master
The first event is my birthday weekend so its unlikely I'll be able to go to it. The second event is near Halloween weekend which I will be going to Vegas for my annual Vegas trip and almost certainly won't be able to go down to Orlando a couple days before.

Antwon420

Smash Apprentice
Smash till dawn is definitely the better choice just because it's most likely going to be easier for people to make it on a Saturday like myself. But everyone should go to smash the record too.

caneut

Smash Ace
Don't think I can go. Can't justify taking a weekend off when my school schedule only allows for me to work weekends..

Top Bottom