• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stopping Fox U-Smash, and Marth F-Smash spammers?

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Can't seem to get around those moves or does anyone know how to stop Smash spammers in general.

What character do you play? Bait them into using it and missing, then punish them. Maybe you can try running up to them and shielding, then shield grab?

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
How about you try to approach them, once you know they'll attack/grab wavedash backwards, finally, punish and set up a combo (I would either use Knee Smash, Nair, or grab them and use Uthrow for fastfallers or Dthrow/Fthrow for floaties and some lightweights)

Divine Fist

Smash Rookie
Full hop, dip down until you're almost in Marth's tipper range, use your second jump to avoid the F-smash you just baited, then fast-fall Stomp/Knee. Also, like someone said, run up and do nothing but shield, then you can punish their nervous reaction. Dash dance out of their hit range and wait for them to use an attack, then punish. Falcon is the best for punishing people who spam and get baited.

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
So i still have the Fox problem. Up-smash spamming... All this person does is U-Throw U-Air, and/or U-Smash. It has made me upset this happens in Project M mainly. :foxmelee::fox::GCCU:=:mad:

AGLET

Smash Cadet
Just dash dance until he throws out a grab/up smash then grab him or side b or something and punish him for it. If he's just throwing them out like you say then it should be really easy to bait out.

Top Bottom