• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop complaining about pk fire.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Your profile pic is pretty much my face when I see people complain about PK Fire lol.

Besides I will always stand by my opinion that Robin's Arc Fire is way more obnoxious.

Last edited:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Haven't you guys heard of shielding and rolling?
No offense man, but I'd rather fight against a Giant Invisible Hero with Infinite Mana and 100% chance of crits than dealing with a Ness player.
Every single Ness I find online is the same: PK Fire. PK Fire. PK Fire.
And the worst part is that I can't get mad at them cause if I were a Ness player I'd do it too. It's one of the most ridiculously overpowered attacks in the whole game.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
My suspicion is that a lot of the complaints about PK fire spam actually come from the fact that Ness announces it every time its performed. If Wario shouted "NEUTRAL AIR", I'm sure he'd be the basis for more complaints too.

Come to think of it, Pikachu's neutral-b can be infuriating for this same reason.

Ethan Weegee

Smash Cadet
Was this post really necessary?

Although, to play devil's advocate, you can't really roll to avoid PK Fire.

Last edited:

Smash Cadet
No offense man, but I'd rather fight against a Giant Invisible Hero with Infinite Mana and 100% chance of crits than dealing with a Ness player.
Every single Ness I find online is the same: PK Fire. PK Fire. PK Fire.
And the worst part is that I can't get mad at them cause if I were a Ness player I'd do it too. It's one of the most ridiculously overpowered attacks in the whole game.
Try Anther's Ladder. At least there are players with souls. I won't disagree that 8 year olds give us a bad name, their bad wifi doesn't help either.

I honestly ever use fire unless I get a good roll/air dodge read or they land bad. I use fire's stigma to my advantage by punishing there big mistakes with fire, because bad players will panic about the fire and forget how they got there. I make them fear me.

D

Deleted member

Haven't you guys heard about shielding, rolling, reflecting, pocketing, and absorbing?
Shielding, rolling, reflecting, pocketing, and absorbing will only work so many times until it becomes predictable, regardless of mixups. Not to mention that not every player can react fast enough given the move's speed.

Have YOU heard of not being a **** and spamming the move?

Caylane

Banned via Warnings
Flaming
Shielding, rolling, reflecting, pocketing, and absorbing will only work so many times until it becomes predictable, regardless of mixups. Not to mention that not every player can react fast enough given the move's speed.

Have YOU heard of not being a **** and spamming the move?
Have you tried gitting gud trash magnet?

D

Deleted member

Have you tried gitting gud trash magnet?
Have you tried not giving insults disguised as back-handed advice? I've been playing this game a lot since release; I do not need to be told this.

Have you also tried not being a complete ******* to someone who struggles with the game?

Caylane

Banned via Warnings
If youre getting hit by a move they are apparently spamming. Thats on you. Sorry you turn into a caveman at the sight of Ness. Stop making excuses and git gud

D

Deleted member

If youre getting hit by a move they are apparently spamming. Thats on you. Sorry you turn into a caveman at the sight of Ness. Stop making excuses and git gud
Stop tell me to git gud. I AM gud!

Ethan Weegee

Smash Cadet
PK Fire is very linear, and you can play around it if you aren't comfortable calling it out. It shoots straight forward on the ground, so jumping, shielding, or rolling will cause the move to miss. If you are close when you jump, you should be able to land a punish. In the air, he instead shoots it at an angle toward the ground. Usually he'll use this to catch you doing something unsafely below him. Like grounded PK Fire, it's punishable if he misses.

Top Bottom