• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop being salty!

Roslad

Smash Rookie
I was playing as roy against my brother in smash ultimate and he was getting his butt handed to him. I think I won like 8 games out of ten. Here’s why I lost the last one. To all the Kirby mains out there, if your losing and your mad about it, don’t suck people up and go off the edge. All that does is ruin the game for everyone because no one want to play with a sore loser. I even beat him with hero and if that happens that’s when you know your bad. I was surprised to see him loose so badly to Roy and the other fire emblem characters. It could be smash 64 paying off from all the arial attacks but either way, he played longer than me as he played melee a lot when it came out. Sorry I got sidetracked but point is, stop being salty if your losing badly. Just stop playing and go practice if you don’t want to play anymore.

comfortable_lamp

Smash Cadet
Sucking people in and spitting them offstage is a perfectly good way to get kills. And also, if you mash, then there’s no way that should even kill you. Kinda seems like your the one being salty tbh.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
To all the Kirby mains out there, if your losing and your mad about it, don’t suck people up and go off the edge. All that does is ruin the game for everyone because no one want to play with a sore loser.
Not to be that guy, but it sounds to me like you're a bit sore about losing to that move.

Roslad

Smash Rookie
Sucking people in and spitting them offstage is a perfectly good way to get kills. And also, if you mash, then there’s no way that should even kill you. Kinda seems like your the one being salty tbh.
Sucking people up and spitting them out right before you die at the bottom of a stage is not a perfect way to kill someone. Some tournaments banned this. I remember I did that to him before and he got mad. The move is almost like the ice climbers glitch in melee where they can make you get stuck in place.

link2702

Smash Champion
Sucking people up and spitting them out right before you die at the bottom of a stage is not a perfect way to kill someone. Some tournaments banned this. I remember I did that to him before and he got mad. The move is almost like the ice climbers glitch in melee where they can make you get stuck in place.
I don’t recall any serious tournaments EVER banning this in smash history.

Was this a casual gamestop tournament or something?

Please provide a source for that statement, cuz to my knowledge kirbyciding has been a viable LEGAL tactic since the very first smash.

GhostM

Phantom
You can’t really convince people to change their play styles simply because you don’t like their strategies. I don’t recall any tournaments banning people from camping on the ledge with inhale, but I do remember people like ChuDat before Ultimate utilizing the exact same strategy. He would sometimes troll the other player by camping the entire game on the ledge waiting to bait people in, but would sometimes SD or lose his stocks to the other player because they utilize their own tricks to beat the inhale.

I don’t really see how Kirby’s inhale is even close to being the freeze glitch that IC’s have in Melee. The glitch permanently freezes you so mashing any buttons won’t do anything unless if they grab you. On the other hand, you can mash out of Kirby’s inhale if you’re quick enough, and at least you have the opportunity to escape unlike the IC’s freeze glitch, where the person can rack an easy 999% on you without you being able to do anything, all from a single grab and setup. Then again it’s banned in tournaments and you can’t really compare the two.

I really hate to be that person, but it seems to me like someone did you dirty with that move and you weren’t fast enough to mash out of it.

Roslad

Smash Rookie
I don’t recall any serious tournaments EVER banning this in smash history.

Was this a casual gamestop tournament or something?

Please provide a source for that statement, cuz to my knowledge kirbyciding has been a viable LEGAL tactic since the very first smash.
I just looked it up and I guess it isn’t banned? This is smash ultimate by the way not melee where you can escape easily. It is still pretty dirty and I think it should be banned but I don’t think it will any time soon. Either way in my eyes it’s basically being hero and doing thwack .

link2702

Smash Champion
I just looked it up and I guess it isn’t banned? This is smash ultimate by the way not melee where you can escape easily. It is still pretty dirty and I think it should be banned but I don’t think it will any time soon. Either way in my eyes it’s basically being hero and doing thwack .
Yeah sorry no, not even remotely close.

You can mash out of kirby’s inhale, you can see this tactic from a mile away and have very clear options to avoid it. Thwack is based purely on luck, luck for if it shows up in the menu, luck on if it’s gonna be the ohko or not.

Absolutely nothing is similar about the two. Like others have said, it sounds more like you’re being the salty one, you foolishly walked into a pretty obvious setup, and rather than learn from it and not to do it again, you chose to complain claiming it’s broken/cheap.

Yes sometimes it sucks to get taken out by these types of moves, but this rarely happens unless you set yourself up to getting caught in it. The fact that he was on stage when he got you and walked off, is more proof that it’s more your fault getting caught by it and not mashing out in time. Usually if a kirby/ddd, can actually land one of these suicidal tactics, they grab you while already falling off the ledge, because to get you while onstage and have to walk off, that’s more than enough time for most players to mash out long before you both fall off. And it also means you had to practically walk right into the inhale.

So yeah, sorry, it’s your fault getting caught by it. Learn to mash out, learn not to put yourself in the situation to get caught by it again, and realize that so long as it keeps working against you, kirby players have no reason to change their tactics.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Projection
Psychology.
  1. the tendency to ascribe to another person feelings, thoughts, or attitudes present in oneself, or to regard external reality as embodying such feelings, thoughts, etc., in some way.
Winning the game with Kirby-cide isn't being salty. Losing and ******** about it on the internet is being salty.

Roslad

Smash Rookie
Projection

Winning the game with Kirby-cide isn't being salty. Losing and ******** about it on the internet is being salty.
Loosing multiple sets then being Kirby just to do kirbycides the entire game kinda is being salty because they are getting mad that they keep on loosing so they become Kirby just to suck me up and go off the edge. Roy’s recovery can’t jump to the edge and Kirby jumps onto your head while this happens so you fall down more. At this time I didn’t know you could mash out of his neutral b because in all the other games you couldn’t do that. (At least as far as I know)

link2702

Smash Champion
you could always mash out of his b special. Right from the very first game smash 64.

It's been awhile since I played it so I don't remember how easy or hard it was back then, But i'm 100% confident that you could mash out from the very first game.

Hell in melee you could even mash out of his forward and back throws ensuring that if he ever tried to kirbycide you that way he'd more than likely be the only one KO'd from it, level 9 CPUS easily did this all the time.

Point is though, Complaining about him kirbyciding you is really just you getting salty over him finding a working strategy against you.

Rather than complain, learn from it instead. Learn to mash out better, learn to not let him inhale you(you could probably easily jump over and behind him to hit him with a back air, that's just one of the many options you'd have.)

Top Bottom