• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stock Icons?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So, Trainer fans...

Remember in Brawl each of the Pokémon had their own stock icon :squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:?

I would assume we'd be getting individual ones here, mainly due to G&W's new throw that turns the character into the stock icon. But there are a few changes now that are suspicious. In Brawl, the victory page would report the Pokémon name, not the Trainer like it does in Ultimate. Also, Brawl used the individual Pokémon stock icons to show KOs. I've heard that that's not the case in Ultimate, but it's hard to see videos of the results screens since people have been mashing A through those in pretty well all of the gameplay videos.

Do you think that there'll be some favoritism towards the ones actually doing the work here?

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
So, Trainer fans...

Remember in Brawl each of the Pokémon had their own stock icon :squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:?

I would assume we'd be getting individual ones here, mainly due to G&W's new throw that turns the character into the stock icon. But there are a few changes now that are suspicious. In Brawl, the victory page would report the Pokémon name, not the Trainer like it does in Ultimate. Also, Brawl used the individual Pokémon stock icons to show KOs. I've heard that that's not the case in Ultimate, but it's hard to see videos of the results screens since people have been mashing A through those in pretty well all of the gameplay videos.

Do you think that there'll be some favoritism towards the ones actually doing the work here?
They're trying to put more emphasis on the fact that it is a team rather than 3 individual wild Pokemon. Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charzard didn't lose, they always try their hardest; the Trainer (you) failed to instruct them well enough. At least I think that's what they're going for, I've always been biased towards the team angle. (Or the game is still incomplete and they will add those details in later:p)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
(Or the game is still incomplete and they will add those details in later:p)
Ooh, I hope so. I love the team mechanic, and it's great that switching has been fixed to the point that it's useable in battle. But I did like seeing the icons of who go KOd during the match.

Plus I need a Squirtle stock icon in my life.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If the game uses one of the Pokemon on their own in classic or event or whatever else like Brawl did I imagine they'll probably have a stock icon of their own.

For normal matches though, it'll always be Red or Leaf.

Top Bottom