• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

SharkLord

Smash Hero

On Minecraft World you can choose the biome you fight in.
What happens if we do the Raging Storm input?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey yall, the dream isn't dead for us. In fact, this helps us since Microsoft is on board. Let's not get upset, and instead, congratulate those Banjo fans who worked so hard to get him in.

Remember, Minecraft content is still in somehow.
Thanks for not giving up hope guys. We really did it, wow. It still doesn't feel real. And he comes out TOMORROW too!

Minecraft and Smash means so much to me, both games helped me get so much more social and branch out, and so many memories were made from these two games. I'm so happy they finally crossed over. It's been long overdue, but better late than a Mii Swordfighter costume.

GoldenGoomba

Smash Rookie
Sakurai said that there is a limit for placing blocks. He showed it on the right and and moving upwards. What about going downwards? I wonder what's the limit for that. I don't think you can just walk under FD, but who knows!

As for the stage debate we had a few days ago, I realised something. We were talking about Steve being bad in non-iron stages, but Sakurai also said something about this: an iron-only stage doesn't guarantee Steve will be better since it takes way more time to mine iron than other surfaces. What's more: getting iron only is not that good, since you will also want to place blocks. We will have to wait to see if stage materials are that important, but this is good to know.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
Strange, His release date was October 14th for me yesterday on the official website. Now it's back to 13.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
My switch took 5 minutes to realize Smash even had an update available. Just finished downloading and I'll start an arena soon. (Once maintenance is done)

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
First impressions: Steve surprisingly feels quite good. I'm having a much easier time getting used to his mechanics than I thought I would.

FEEL FREE TO JOIN MY ARENA!
ID: M3K63

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Steve's a cool character, but I don't think I synergize with him well. I'm used to more aggressive characters, so it's kinda awkward adjusting to Steve. Nothing against him, just not my thing.
What character is used as a base for the Ender Dragon? Can't see anything beyond Rathalos. Or Marx, oddly enough.
Ridley for both the Spirit and the Classic Mode

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve is fun; a bit hard to use but his attacks are very fun and cool. I just need some practice.

His F air’s spike seems a bit difficult to pull off. I love everything about him and what came with him, just a bit disappointed in no original music.

His Classic route’s name is really cool, I wasn’t expecting a reference to the long-gone Far Lands.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I played a bit of Steve by myself and was generally doing poorly...because I was only focusing on upgrading my tools and sword, and just throwing myself at them with the Minecart and TNT. It was only after I started using blocks that I actually made some progress at getting good with the character. We all know that Minecraft is all about building to survive, and I was clearly doing less of both. So when I started placing blocks down, everything just opened up to me and there I was, actually scoring a win.

The character is fun to play as, but he requires dedication, heavy set-ups, and maxed-out gear to tap into his full potential. He just came out so I don't know how he's gonna turn out in a week, but lemme just say, there's potential.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bad news everyone, his win screen pose is...awkward.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._smash_ultimate_win_screen_is_erm_unfortunate

Steve's a cool character, but I don't think I synergize with him well. I'm used to more aggressive characters, so it's kinda awkward adjusting to Steve. Nothing against him, just not my thing.

Ridley for both the Spirit and the Classic Mode
Yeah, Verge, not living this one down. DLC boss theory is so debunked that the character used for Ender Dragon isn't even an already existing boss.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
The intreseting thing i noted about banjo amd steve is that steve in smash talks predated the
Talks for banjo in smash which could imply stebe was planned into smash before banjo

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Two things immediately caught my attention after trying out Steve:

1. Down air is damn strong
2. Down air is DAMN strong

Fun character all around. Gotta learn to keep an eye on that material gauge though; many anvilless down airs were inputted. Also, anyone else amused by how much gusto the announcer puts in saying "Steve", when compared with the rest of the alts? With them he's like "Oh yeah, I guess you're here too."

As an aside, while it's not too surprising, the in-game tips section for Steve is insanely robust. There are like 60 entries!

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
So, Steve seems to not be working properly??? in training mode for me. I seem to be mining no materials:

https://i.imgur.com/4YCSbbH.mp4

And the crafting table doesn't want to let me craft anything (all instances of me mining here are me pressing B in hopes I craft something):

https://i.imgur.com/x1ZYXpL.mp4

Anyone have any idea what's happening? Is this a glitch? Am I doing something wrong?

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yes talks for steve happend B4 banjo talks for banjo happend the E3 B4 smash ultimate was released were sakurai was able to meet with M$ & rare reps Sakurai even stated that its thanks to nintendo's relationship with minecraft that opened the door for talks about banjo

so banjo fans owe a lot to minecraft

glad there both in smash

GoldenGoomba

Smash Rookie
Do you think Minecraft stage with hazards off could be used in tournaments? With the ability of selecting biomes I think this can be a legal stage in theory, but it's very similar to Kalos. Not all the biomes look the same: some of them have no platforms and others have one or two that make the stage not symmetrical. I think the best option is this one:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Starting to learn the kit and might take it online here soon. Struggling to learn how to optimally use blocks, but that'll come with time and experimentation. I keep thinking his down-tilt is his down-special, so that's a bad habit I'm trying to break lol.

He's super fun so far, though! Pretty much everything I ever hoped he would be. :D

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Minecraft stage with hazards off could be used in tournaments? With the ability of selecting biomes I think this can be a legal stage in theory, but it's very similar to Kalos. Not all the biomes look the same: some of them have no platforms and others have one or two that make the stage not symmetrical. I think the best option is this one:

I honestly dont see the problem with assymertical platforms

Top Bottom