• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Here is where Steve is on the mural with every character.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to all of you :D
Minecraft was a huge part of my childhood, and I still watch it to this day.
I honestly thought it'd be impossible to get him in a working condition in Smash but Sakurai left me speechless
This is probably the most unique Smash Bros character EVER

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I gotta say, it's actually kind of funny that both Steve and Banjo were considered some of the fiercest competition for a Microsoft character back before E3 2019, but in the long run both of them ended up getting in. You really don't ever see something like that with regards to Smash. Typically if two characters are owned by the same company, it's either or.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Congratulations on the win, Steve fans! Used to be really hard on the guy, but I can positively say that he's a very good pick for Smash. I was even considering joining this thread, but decided against it, because he really does deserve it

You guys came back from a lot. You guys had a lot of indie competition and had Banjo last year. But the fact that Minecraft is the best selling game of all-time shone through in the end. Congratulations, and enjoy mining through the rest of the roster!

would have picked his bearless design tho

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Very, very, VERY excited.
Let me know when the Steve social thread goes up. I will most definitely try to be a prominent member. Maybe we can analyze the trailer together before 10/3.
Again, I cannot believe that a game where I can play as Sonic, Inkling, Sans, Steve, Banjo, Joker, King K. Rool and Ridley in a single match is a game that I own.
This is amazing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Very, very, VERY excited.
Let me know when the Steve social thread goes up. I will most definitely try to be a prominent member. Maybe we can analyze the trailer together before 10/3.
Again, I cannot believe that a game where I can play as Sonic, Inkling, Sans, Steve, Banjo, Joker, King K. Rool and Ridley in a single match is a game that I own.
This is amazing.
This thread is going to become the Steve social thread; I'm not sure when (I don't know the process of making new character forums, and presumably the forum would have to become more stable first), but you'd just keep posting in this thread.

EDIT: the Steve forum's been added, so this is the social thread now.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Would have said my gongeats sooner but the forums blew up haha.

Congrats! Honestly years ago i didnt want him but really i have grown up, he 100% deserves it, minecraft is the biggest game of all time and still going.

Ill use Alex myself, but any alt you guys like?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can imagine all the memes that will appear during smash montage of kids yelling. That and either the struggles of matchup, skill level, or both.

Edit: For those that are saying Minecraft is the Indie rep and no more are coming, it is more of an opposite effect if applied as an argument. Really, the sky is the limit for any character to join. (Well, except non-video game characters. That's a official rule to stay.)

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Glad to see that both Banjo and Steve made it in, when there used to be this war going on between both communities. I was someone who wanted both, and I'm glad this is the result. It's also perfect timing, since the hate for Minecraft recently disappeared. Steve seems like a really hard character to play, but I'm excited to try him out. Congrats!

Last edited:

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Ive dusted this old account just to congratulate you guys!
I fully agree that Minecraft deserved a representation on gaming industry's biggest crossover game but I did not expect Steve to be a full character!
CONGRATUATIONS HAHHAHAHHAA (and obligatory hoes mad for those who dont want him LOL)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Begun updating the Original Post to reflect Steve.

So far here are the changes:
1. Added Steve and Alex's official renders (the rest will be added in a spoiler)
2. Added the reveal trailer
3. Moved everything from the original post into a Spoiler
4. Changed thread title to reflect reveal (and Alex)

Here are some planned changes:
1. Screenshots
2. Moveset analysis (will come after the Sakurai presents)

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Congrats boys & girls ! Steve,Alex,Zombie & Enderman are in smash now ! -From a banjo fan !

the trailer for steve was great ! just wish skeleton & villager alt skins made the cut (Minecraft Villager VS Animal Crossing Villager would of been fun)

I also love steve's final smash

D

Deleted member

I like how well Steve is represented in game, there's no attempts to change or adapt him, just the original animations from Minecraft, even in the render here he just stands there, not posing at all.

Also correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't those skins from the console edition edition of Minecraft?

Top Bottom