• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve is NOT broken!(prove me wrong)

Cam_Batant

Smash Apprentice
Beleve it or not Steve isnt broken.

I mean he requires constant materials to do any of his good moves like crafting minecart ect, he has no good out of shield options,and before you say it his glide is not as good as Meta knights was. So can someone tell me why every youtuber says he's broken, but I don't see it. I think that Steve is a balenced character.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It's simple why people think he's broken: the very nature of the Mr. Sakurai Presents videos, they're adverts designed to convince casual players a character is OP, and nobody playing seriously seems to realise it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
It's simple why people think he's broken: the very nature of the Mr. Sakurai Presents videos, they're adverts designed to convince casual players a character is OP, and nobody playing seriously seems to realise it.
I don't think it's to show a character is OP, just unique. It wouldn't be a good demonstration if the character wasn't performing moves and getting curb stomped.

Cam_Batant

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be a good demonstration if the character wasn't performing moves and getting curb stomped.
is the most accurate thing i've heard in a long time. Nobody would buy the charater if he was getting, well "curb stomped." So to put it in brief term When youtubers saw Steve they instant thought,"This would make good clickbait" ignoring the fact that this was just to demostrate his moveset not necessarily its viability.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I am a little concerned about his off stage edgeguarding, but I really think this character will struggle hard against fast, rush-down opponents not named Little Mac.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Steve needs to camp, but he’s no zoner. Even a solid barrage of projectiles can disrupt Steve. I am curious how he’ll end up playing in a real match

Cam_Batant

Smash Apprentice
Yes projectiles can disrupt Steve, but Steve can use blocks to...well block projectiles.
mind my corny jokes.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
And then he released and ended up having some of the poorest mobility stats in the entire game. And his glide just doesn't go anywhere if you try to recover low for some reason. On the bright side, he has some of the best frame data in the game, and above average KO power. He might still be good, but I think his poor mobility will hold him back a ton. He's definitely not broken

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Steve is weird to fight against. He has good frame data but he doesn't really have anything to answer against those with disjoints like Swordies. Some Steve players I fought against struggle to approach if they don't use their mine cart. I fought them with Hero and those Steves had a hard time responding to Side B and Hero's sword.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Beleve it or not Steve isnt broken.

I mean he requires constant materials to do any of his good moves like crafting minecart ect, he has no good out of shield options,and before you say it his glide is not as good as Meta knights was. So can someone tell me why every youtuber says he's broken, but I don't see it. I think that Steve is a balenced character.
I Won't Change Your Mind, Your Right

Top Bottom