• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Steve placed 3rd place in a latin american poll with a 2.1 millon particants
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I do find it quite weird that rayman scored 2nd place and steve got 3rd place despite steve getting more votes than rayman
Anyhow i want your thoughts on this

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Wowwwww
There’s something very different about this version of Steve compared to the artwork we’ve seen in the recent years
Can you spot it?
Steve is in Dungeons, and he’s lookin’ nice.
EDIT: I realised I forgot to quote the post I was replying to

Attachments

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
They just announced an arms character in
smash and with the emphasis of new mechanics an arms character would bring in the direct,i think this might boosts steve chances of getting in smash.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I feel like steve is the most likely 3rd party character to be dlc even more likely than crash and ryu hayubasa

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Your thoughts on this?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Your thoughts on this?
I’m not sure it means anything, but the people who thought this disconfirmed him (especially with her tweet being over a year old now) definitely didn’t know what they were talking about.

It could be that she was cleaning up tweets, she changed her mind, or Mojang didn’t want her tweet there, or whatever, but it’d be cool if it was because of Smash. I’m not sure if she would know, though; I know there was something about her being senior manager or something, but I can only find her being head of the community managers (at least according to Minecraft’s official credits; maybe that’s what senior manager meant) and it’s likely only Phil Spencer, Jens and maybe Agnes would have a say in him being included if they ask Nintendo or Nintendo asks them (besides I doubt Aubrey would be selfish about it if she did have any say tbh, plus she wanted a skeleton).

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I’m not sure it means anything, but the people who thought this disconfirmed him (especially with her tweet being over a year old now) definitely didn’t know what they were talking about.

It could be that she was cleaning up tweets, she changed her mind, or Mojang didn’t want her tweet there, or whatever, but it’d be cool if it was because of Smash. I’m not sure if she would know, though; I know there was something about her being senior manager or something, but I can only find her being head of the community managers (at least according to Minecraft’s official credits; maybe that’s what senior manager meant) and it’s likely only Phil Spencer, Jens and maybe Agnes would have a say in him being included if they ask Nintendo or Nintendo asks them (besides I doubt Aubrey would be selfish about it if she did have any say tbh, plus she wanted a skeleton).
But the fact that she deleted the tweets a year later and around a month after byleths reveal

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
tbh I saw someone bring up a good point: since the tweet is over a year old, if she was in the know the tweet still shouldn’t be a problem since it’s neither disconfirming nor confirming him and wouldn’t mess with the newer NDA anyway.

I still think Steve has a good shot though.

her tweet contradicted Mojang’s use of Steve too lol.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
D

Deleted member

Really excited to pick up the Pac-Man pack whenever I manage to buy Minecraft!!

Pski

Smash Cadet
hmmmmm
bandai namco was a huge part of the smash development team since smash 4
namco owns pacman
total conspiracy theory but it does show that namco and microsoft can work together? including for steve in smash?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
hmmmmm
bandai namco was a huge part of the smash development team since smash 4
namco owns pacman
total conspiracy theory but it does show that namco and microsoft can work together? including for steve in smash?
Mojang would still need to contact Sakurai himself, though. Bamco is a huge company, while Sora Ltd. is independent of them.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Recently I've been playing Minecraft dungeons and it made me want to see Steve in Smash even more. Seeing Steve (or other Minecraft characters) fight is just so natural. There's a bunch of different weapons and artefacts that could wok very easily in Smash. Also the soundtrack is very good and would fit very well in Smash. Of course being a spin-off, I don't expect Steve moveset to be based on that game, but I just think that it's a great example of how a Minecraft character can work in a action game.

D

Deleted member

Recently I've been playing Minecraft dungeons and it made me want to see Steve in Smash even more. Seeing Steve (or other Minecraft characters) fight is just so natural. There's a bunch of different weapons and artefacts that could wok very easily in Smash. Also the soundtrack is very good and would fit very well in Smash. Of course being a spin-off, I don't expect Steve moveset to be based on that game, but I just think that it's a great example of how a Minecraft character can work in a action game.
Really want to play Minecraft Dungeons too when I get the chance!!!

Heard great things about the Game.

Right now I need to finish Sakura Wars first doh.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What do you think of steves chances after the direct?
I still think he has a good shot; maybe 70%, though I personally like to stay at a cautious 50% chance. There’s nothing going against him, though, aside from the possibility of a different Microsoft character again, but he’s definitely a front-runner.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
Steve placed 3rd place in a latin american poll with a 2.1 millon particants
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I do find it quite weird that rayman scored 2nd place and steve got 3rd place despite steve getting more votes than rayman
Anyhow i want your thoughts on this
That survey was horrible, the candidates were predetermined, literally we could only vote among those options, also it doesn´t help the fact that the channel (N Deluxe) along with another called Mundo N (N world) are the most hated channels by the Smash/Nintendo Latin American community.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That survey was horrible, the candidates were predetermined, literally we could only vote among those options, also it doesn´t help the fact that the channel (N Deluxe) along with another called Mundo N (N world) are the most hated channels by the Smash/Nintendo Latin American community.
At least they still got a decent selection to choose from based on who they liked from it, with people willing to rally for the characters to get a bunch of votes. Does sound dumb though, polls should be like the Smash 4 ballot or like it but with more spaces for characters to vote for.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
At least they still got a decent selection to choose from based on who they liked from it, with people willing to rally for the characters to get a bunch of votes. Does sound dumb though, polls should be like the Smash 4 ballot or like it but with more spaces for characters to vote for.
Yeah, don't even bother to see the results, it's not worth it, the poll was a joke. What I can tell you as a Mexican, it's that our tastes are not very different from those of the rest of the Smash community, there are people who love Geno, people who love Ryu Hayabusa, Dante, Doomguy, etc. However there are some characters that are a little more popular here (Mexico) due to certain circumstances, they are as follows:

-Marco, Eri, Fio and Tarma from Metal Slug, Metal Slug is probably the game best known to Mexicans in general, SNK arcades were extremely popular during the 90s and early 2000s, even today it is not uncommon to see cabinets of SNK games, watching all the King of Fighters content in smash was amazing, people who don't even play smash were talking about it.

-Hollow Knight is also an extremely popular game among the Smash community or the community of Mexican players in general, this is because the games in our eshop are somewhat expensive, the price of Hollow Knight is adjusted in our region for it and It costs about 5 or 6 dollars without an offer, the aesthetics and the difficulty also helped a lot, each week it is among the 3 best-selling games of the Mexican eshop, even higher than 1st party, triple A or "on sale" games.

Those are the 2 characters that I feel have a little more support from Latin Americans, all the other characters are just as dear, I was going to mention Minecraft too, but I think it's more of a world phenomenon than a cultural case, it's not surprise that it is loved anywhere in the world.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of polls
What do you guys think of steve placing 7th on the sourcegaming poll

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that the direct change Steve chances. As long as there's no new Microsoft content (like mii costumes), I don't see Steve chance being affected.
I mean bethesda and ubisoft has mii costumes but not a lot of people say doomguy and rayman is less likely or deconfirmed

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They're making Steve and Alex more expressive and I love it.
This is basically the same point as in my post here...

But I can't stop gushing over their expressions; they look amazing, perfect for Minecraft's style and I really like them. I'm gonna share the trailer here as it shows even more than that teaser:

This also helps show how Steve and Alex can express themselves in Smash. I know the Dungeons trailer did similar stuff, but these are kinda different and I think fit even better, and are examples with Steve and Alex themselves. Now people can see they can express themselves with more than just body movements.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Top Bottom