• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I feel like theres gonna be another microsoft fighter in the 2nd fighter pass and its gonna steve or masterchief and i hear thoughts who you think more likely more for a second fighter pass(i want steve more and i also think hes more likely)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I feel like theres gonna be another microsoft fighter in the 2nd fighter pass and its gonna steve or masterchief and i hear thoughts who you think more likely more for a second fighter pass(i want steve more and i also think hes more likely)
If it's one of these 2, there's gonna be lots of salt and flame wars.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Considering that Minecraft is massive in japan and Halo isn't, i doubt he's picking master chief, the reason we'd believe him getting in is because he's recognisable here and the idea gets passed round and round more to become believable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In before it actually turns out to be a different green man.

D2nTXCPXcAYASCf.png
art by Krazy

I mean, he even was on the NES, and all.

That aside, what it all comes down to is if Sakurai thinks whether it's worth the time and work to pull off crafting physics.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if im the only one feeling this but i feel like some banjo fans were using grotesque steve as a reason to discredit steve fans prior to e3 2019

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I dont know if im the only one feeling this but i feel like some banjo fans were using grotesque steve as a reason to discredit steve fans prior to e3 2019
Some people still do it, despite the trolls proving themselves to just be the typical scummy people who don’t actually care and just want to harass everyone for their own amusement, since they also harass Steve fans. Since the trolls are a clear minority, even if there’s a decent amount of them, I don’t get why people use them to discredit the majority of Steve fans; it’s very annoying. I don’t see people actually using G. Steve as a reason very often anymore, though, and have only seen maybe one or two recently.

Banjo fans definitely did it a lot back then, and I don’t blame them; the majority of them probably don’t care about Minecraft, maybe not having even played it, so when they saw the trolls and their ugly render, they probably just thought it was a bunch of young, immature fans wanting to harass those who don’t want Steve, though since the trolls were still a minority and there were still plenty of good, mature Steve fans (and there’s plenty of mature Minecraft fans in general), it was annoying to see...heck, there were people that were rude to even polite Steve fans...

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Steve would be such a big pass opener. Starting season 2 with the most reckognizable character not already in the game would get people super hype. Wathever your age everyone who play games know about Minecraft, and it would even interested non Nintendo fan because he's on every console.

Also you could add me to the supporter list if possible! He's one of my most wanted, I have so many good memories of Minecraft and he have huge moveset potential.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Steve would be such a big pass opener. Starting season 2 with the most reckognizable character not already in the game would get people super hype. Wathever your age everyone who play games know about Minecraft, and it would even interested non Nintendo fan because he's on every console.

Also you could add me to the supporter list if possible! He's one of my most wanted, I have so many good memories of Minecraft and he have huge moveset potential.
Always happy to see another supporter. Welcome!

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
If steve gets into smash,what do you think his moveset would be?

Last edited:

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
Here's an idea for one:

B: Bow.
B<>: Using blocks to build walls and platforms.
B^: Ender Pearls.
Bv: TNT Block/Flint and Steel.
Final Smash: Nether Portal. Steve quickly builds it and if anyone gets caught in it, a short cutscene will play showing the victims being sent to the Nether and being atttacked and ganged up on by a ton of Nether monsters. After the cutscene, the victims will be launched.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Here's an idea for one:

B: Bow.
B<>: Using blocks to build walls and platforms.
B^: Ender Pearls.
Bv: TNT Block/Flint and Steel.
Final Smash: Nether Portal. Steve quickly builds it and if anyone gets caught in it, a short cutscene will play showing the victims being sent to the Nether and being atttacked and ganged up on by a ton of Nether monsters. After the cutscene, the victims will be launched.
I really like this but maybe you should incorporate crafting or something like that to the moveset?

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Its hard to make a full moveset prediction for someone with so much potential but some ideas I have:
Neutral B is bow because of course it is, but its unique part could be tipped arrows linked to some kind of crafting system.
Splash potions could be an item that he physically grabs and throws, meaning others can too.
Sword would probably cover the tilts to keep things simple.
Steve himself would probably not be too great at jumping but be fairly heavy for it.
Crafting would give him access to limited use but much better options, like enderpearl as a recovery option instead of his default up b (Like hero zoom to swoosh) I dont think crafting in smash would be full on use a crafting menu but more like pick a selection of items, take some time to craft them using some kind of meter (Gain levels and XP by hitting the opponent?)

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I believe that steve is a lock for fighter pass 2 due to him having lots of unique moveset potential and being a gaming icon near the leagues of mario,zelda and pickachu.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/...mple-actions-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-535/
Sakurai also praises minecraft's gameplay in his famitsu article which is why i firmly believe that minecraft deserves more than a stage in smash bros as,sure,a stage would only represent its scenery and world but it wouldnt replicate its core gameplay that made it so special,same goes for a mii costume.

Minecrafts blocky aesthetic is one of its most iconic parts but its not the main reason why minecraft is so popular,the gameplay is what makes it popular specifically gathering resources to build and improve your gear which a fighter would represent the best.

I personally think that hes going to be one of the characters revealed at e3 but i like to know when you think steve is going to get revealed in fighter pass 2

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I think even just the idea of wanting a stage for Minecraft warrants adding him to fighters pass, doesn't seem like theres gonna be any one off stage additions. Part of Byleth feels done just for the stage that comes with em.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
If they add a Minecraft stage, i hope it'd be like Green Hill Zone where you can destroy the stage (and have Creepers appear to randomly destroy it as well as damage players nearby)

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys be okay with Crash getting in first? Assuming the pattern of him getting vital news/releases on June holds up.
Wouldn't think an outside pattern would hold true for Smash, probably just a coincidence if he's E3 reveal. And I don't see how he really affects anything Minecraft based.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wouldn't think an outside pattern would hold true for Smash, probably just a coincidence if he's E3 reveal. And I don't see how he really affects anything Minecraft based.
I'm just speaking hypothetically, seeing as some believe that Steve would show up first.

Also, while it may not happen, they could strike a deal for Crash to get revealed at E3, just like with :ultbanjokazooie:. It seems like the most ideal time for it rather than throwing a die and see which month and date it lands on, to try and predict when the next Direct happens.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Grant kirkhope just tweeted this
https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1221963893859180544?s=09
I feel like him tweeting this is not very responsible of him as banjo fans are just as toxic
It’s alright, he just thought it was funny. Steve fans were letting him know in the replies; though, I do worry people will think we’re toxic because of this, hopping on a bandwagon that’s rather toxic itself...however, it could just be the people who already bother Steve fans...

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
What minecraft music tracks do you think would be included if steve were to be included was in smash?,hers my list:
-minecraft(main theme)
-subwoofer lullaby
-sweden
-haggstorm
-living mice
-mice on venus
-wet hands
-danny
-begining 1/2
-blind spots
-haunt muskie
-aria math
-taswell
-dreiton
-dead voxel
-cat+dog
-chirp
-strad
-ward
-mall
-blocks
-the end
-alpha
-calm 4

Last edited:

Pski

Smash Cadet
some ideas i had for a steve moveset, share your thoughts

-Nspecial - place block. places a block in front of steve with a small hitbox. the block acts like a wall and cannot be walked through, but can be destroyed if it takes enough damage. takes appearance of wooden planks. not sure what the limit should be, but there should be a block limit

-Sspecial - bow and arrow. shoots more like toon link bow or villager fair/bair. low damage keep away tool

-Uspecial - ender pearl. thrown similar to yoshi egg, steve teleports to wherever the pearl lands. the pearl can hit enemies and steve will not be put into freefall, so you can combo off that

-Dspecial - craft. opens up a UI above steves head similar to the inventory slots in minecraft. attacking enemies drops XP orbs that steve can use to fuel his crafting. There are three major upgrades steve can craft: tools, armor, and blocks. each upgrade also has three tiers of power. upgrades are done sequentially (tier one cannot go straight to tier three, must go to tier 2 first)

TOOL UPGRADES: steve uses iron tools for his base moves. upgrading to gold or diamond tools increases the knockback and damage of tool attacks. after a number of uses, the tools break and revert to base iron tools.

ARMOUR UPGRADES: Steve wears no armor normally. upgrading to iron or diamond armor increases steves weight and hitstun resistance (shulk shield art but less powerful). after taking enough hits, the armor breaks.

BLOCK UPGRADES: steves block place can be upgraded to stone and iron blocks, both of which can take substantially more hits before breaking. blocks run out after a certain number of blocks are placed.

jab - single hit punch
tilts/aerials - sword, pickaxe swings
u/f smash - axe swing
dsmash - tnt block. as the attack is charged, the fuse of the tnt when released is longer.
throws - pistons, minecarts, potions, just random minecraft things.

-can crawl with the goofy minecraft crouch
-entrance animation says "(player name) has joined the battle" in the style of minecrafts multiplayer chat in the bottom left corner
-victory theme is a few notes from "sweden"
-victory animations could be playing with some pigs and dogs, breaking a diamond block, brandishing a diamond sword, showing off his house
-taunts could include eating a steak, looking around curiously, holding up a random item, using a firework, drinking a potion
-would include recolors of steve and alex as alt costumes

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
What are your thoughts on the new nether update(rip diamonds)
26364af1abaefc679760db1b18ba5640f14a57c0r1-1280-720v2_hq.jpg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What are your thoughts on the new nether update(rip diamonds)
View attachment 261321
I love it.

The ghasts in Soulsand Valleys are annoying, though. I thought the biome could be a “Ghast Domain” because of all the soul stuff, but they seem to be too common, causing constant ghast screams/cries, a lot of fireballs being shot at you, and possibly your portal deactivated if you stand too close to it. Felt like I had to change the difficulty to peaceful so I could build a building around the portal and a path up to it, and leave it on peaceful to prevent anything around it from getting destroyed.

It’s actually kinda cool having to run from a bunch of ghasts, but the screams and amount of fireballs are still annoying.

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Assuming Steve will be in FP2, depending on if Sakurai has already created his moveset or not, maybe it could incorporate some elements from the Nether Update. If Mojang has a say in this, they could try to get him to feature some of the new stuff.
I could see Steve having a Netherite Sword and Armor in his Final Smash.
Maybe we could get a stage that has randomly generated Biomes (kinda like Mario Maker) and a Nether Portal somewhere. If all players in the match get in the portal, the stage would transform into the Nether, also with randomly generated biomes (the new ones).

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I doubt anything update wise would be in since Smash itself usually is behind/goes for more iconic stuff. Splatoon stuff in smash is mostly 1 based.

Pski

Smash Cadet
I doubt anything update wise would be in since Smash itself usually is behind/goes for more iconic stuff. Splatoon stuff in smash is mostly 1 based.
agree. netherite is cool and whatever but the minecraft diamond is an icon of pop culture. if everything in smash was based on recent updates then characters like megaman, pacman, sonic, all would be totally different.
kinda want shirtless ryu and ponytail ken skins tho

Minik

Smash Journeyman
That said though, I hope that Steve at least has Trident in his moveset, thats a weapon too cool and unique to pass up on.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
That said though, I hope that Steve at least has Trident in his moveset, thats a weapon too cool and unique to pass up on.
His trident should be his side special where it would function similairly to kirbys hammer but it gets thrown and has a significant cooldown

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I dont think steve is going to be a mii costume as i think minecraft is more popular and have a stronger legacy than cuphead and undertale,not only that,but i also think that cuphead and undertale got mii costumes not because they are indie but because they are are popular ips that havent yet evolve into franchises like minecraft,fnaf,touhou,shantae,etc.
Plus steve wouldnt work well as a mii costume as his limbs would need to bend for a mii costume

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I think steve has a high chance of getting revealed as fighter 6 in the next nintendo direct,what do you guys think?

Top Bottom