• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

StarLight42

Smash Lord
It's not that he's friends with Sabi, it's that he's on a private Discord chat with Sabi that contains 3 of Sabi's biggest sources. He speculates, but his speculation is pretty informed.

Regardless, I think his arguments against Steve have been weak, even if I do believe that Steve probably isn't Fighter Pack 5, as much as i'd love to be wrong.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, anyone can make educated guesses and still get some things wrong.

At any rate, I still think FP5 will be someone that the majority won't see coming. That's the only certainty in life, and I'm not a betting man, that seldom ends well.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
An idea for Steve's Classic Mode route:

Weapon Wielders.

Round 1: Villager. Stage: New World (it's the Minecraft stage).
Round 2: Pit. Stage: Mushroom Kingdom.
Round 3: Robin. Stage: Duck Hunt.
Round 4: Simon. Stage: Balloon Fight.
Round 5: Inkling. Stage: 75m.
Round 6: Link. Stage: Mario Bros..
Bonus Game.
Final Round: Ganon.

I chose all 8 bit stages because they look like they're made of blocks and all the opponents I picked use more than one weapon just like Steve probably will.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Goodness I haven’t listened to the battle minigames’ music tracks (except maybe one) until now and Minecraft never ceases to amaze me.

Here’s one:

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
With what happend to RE, i'd be a lot more worried about a spirit board than a Mii costume at this point.
Especially with this one Villager alt being similar to him in colourscheme.

Attachments

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
with Microsoft already being involved with Ultimate, Minecraft currently being the #1 best selling game of all time, a phenomenon that even reached japan and a personal favorite of sakurai's, I'l be shocked if by the end of the game's lifespan we don't get some sort of content related to Minecraft whether it be as minuscule as a spirit event or as big as a full blown fighter in Steve.

If they could get fellow western biggie and previous king of best selling game of all time: Tetris, if think it's pretty much a given at this point

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Minecraft is the biggest series left not touched by Smash one way or another.

Wonder if that'll change.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Steve would really stick out in the smash cast in a good way cause it of his square shape that’d make him a really unique addition. Also hes a indie character living the best dream. I love to see how Sakurai makes him

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You are forgetting Tomb Raider :)
Well that depends on how you define biggest.

Lara Croft's games have the seniority and were huge in the late 90's/early 00's with a sucessful (if somewhat dull) reboot but Minecraft's impact can't be understated.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I feel like minecraft is the most deserving game series to recieve a fighter

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Somewhat unrelated, but Minecraft Cross Play is finally coming to PS4!

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
i think and hope steve is going to get announced at the game awards

Grotesque Floyd

Smash Rookie
Move over grotesque Steve! There’s a new monstrosity in town! HEEEREEE’S FLOYD IRVING!

All generic anime and no inspiration makes Floyd a dull boy! (Flop + Lloyd)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Move over grotesque Steve! There’s a new monstrosity in town! HEEEREEE’S FLOYD IRVING!

All generic anime and no inspiration makes Floyd a dull boy! (Flop + Lloyd)
Maybe we could keep Floyd Irving out of the thread? I’m not sure what he contributes to Steve getting in Smash?

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I know this video has been posted before but its got up to 1.7 million views now which is pretty telling on how popular this idea is overall. I can't think of any other character video that even comes close.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm supporting him for Smash, shame fans don't want characters like Steve himself or Jonsey from Fortnite due to their toxic fanbases.
(I picture Classic Mode with his boss fight being Ender Dragon or Wither.)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm supporting him for Smash, shame fans don't want characters like Steve himself or Jonsey from Fortnite due to their toxic fanbases.
(I picture Classic Mode with his boss fight being Ender Dragon or Wither.)
Ironically Steve’s fanbase feels a lot less toxic than the Smash fanbase as a whole (I’m not part of the Fortnite community but I’m sure it’s no worse than any others; Minecraft’s fanbase feels very nice with just the occasional toxic person, only some PvP servers being a bit worse; besides, we’re all still people anyway), at least the speculation side with all the people who are hardcore against a character’s inclusion for whatever reason (the majority is actually nice, but sometimes speculation can feel unbearable, even just supporting a character gets you some stupid person’s insults every once in a while), acting like they’d “steal a slot” if they get in. Every fanbase has toxicity, too, so it’s really just people trying to pull crap reasons to needlessly “justify” their opinions, ignoring how their logic includes stuff they like/want, when all they have to do is say “I don’t like this character but ok” and list some actually reasonable reasons if they’re even asked in the first place (it doesn’t help when people push what should just be their opinions as undeniable facts/stuff based on “facts”). You’d think people would be more reasonable and polite over videogames...but, well, at least the majority actually is...

Last edited:

Grotesque Floyd

Smash Rookie
This user has been warned for spam and off-topic posts that do not contribute to discussion.
Just remember who the new grotesque king in town is, Stevies!

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Theres going to be new smash direct on thursday and i hope steve gets in

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
With the reveal tomorrow coming up, I think this is probably worth a watch for Steve fans.

I'm still hopeful for Steve myself. Best of luck to everyone here. :bee:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And with Cuphead in as a costume, things are looking good for Steve!
I would be a bit surprised at this point if Steve didn’t at the very least get a high quality Mii Costume.

I’m hoping for more, of course, but if it feels like I can play as Steve in Smash, I’ll take it.

Still, he’s got six more chances.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Still hoping for Steve. I think he has a pretty good shot. Hopefully we won't get barraged by trolls if Master Chief gets in instead, and I hope we at least get something from Minecraft that includes Steve in some way.

Anyway, if you haven't already, remember to vote here, although I guess it won't help anymore...but it can still show how much we love Steve:
https://feedback.minecraft.net/hc/e...012051-Steve-in-Super-Smash-Brothers-Ultimate

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Think its helped largely by the fact a Steve Mii costume wouldnt look good (miis have to bend their limbs) and knowing they've come into contact with Cuphead (a previously microsoft exclusive) that my hopes are higher than before.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Cuphead's mii costume does raise my hopes of seeing Steve now, it means Banjo wasn't just a one and done deal with Microsoft. I believe there's a strong chance we might see Steve as a playable character now, especially since there are six more DLC slots.

Top Bottom