• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Do you all think that steve should adopt some of the elements from minecraft dungeons in their moveset(ignoring the fact that dungeons will not be coming out until 2020)
Well, Steve already has massive potential for a great moveset even without taking elements from Dungeons. I guess taking one or two elements from Dungeons would be cool, but we won't know what would work until the game comes out.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Okay guys we have our chance to get Mojang’s attention outside of fan-creations and ideas.

The Minecraft YouTube channel is doing a new “Ask Mojang” series, where you tweet @Minecraft with a question along with the hashtag “#askmojang” so they may answer your question in the next video. We should ask them about Minecraft in Smash with Steve as a fighter, or what they would think.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys we have our chance to get Mojang’s attention outside of fan-creations and ideas.

The Minecraft YouTube channel is doing a new “Ask Mojang” series, where you tweet @Minecraft with a question along with the hashtag “#askmojang” so they may answer your question in the next video. We should ask them about Minecraft in Smash with Steve as a fighter, or what they would think.
I imagine the best question would be Would they like to see Minecraft in smash, its a fairly general question that they can't turn down and if they say no then its pretty obvious theres no chance.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
With minecrafts current spike in popularity,i feel like we could take advantage of that to increase the support base for steve

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Captain sparklez has voiced his support for steve in smash at 3:28
Aww man

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Someday, “Last Revenge” shall become official CaptainSparklez content.
Captain sparklez also said that he will play smash when steve is confirmed for smash
#Captainsparklez for evo 2020

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Im kind of worried that steve support could be dying down and i feel like we need to do something about it(though correct me if im wrong)

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Im kind of worried that steve support could be dying down and i feel like we need to do something about it(though correct me if im wrong)
I don't think theres really anything you can do except just wait and say you want them in, I think if Minecraft does get in smash it will be because of the games popularity and iconicness anyway, not because of people asking for Steve to be in. But obviously if another ballot happend then yeah that would be a good time.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
The unique thing about steve his moveset potential increases every update though this might not be exclusive to him specifically i still find this a pretty unique thing about him

Minik

Smash Journeyman
switch.png
Basically confirmed. (Don't take this seriously I know some people would)

Last edited by a moderator:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I feel like we should build up our fanbase now rather than waiting for a ballot to ocoour or not

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
This is unrelated to smash but who would win in fight between steve or banjo

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is unrelated to smash but who would win in fight between steve or banjo
Either could win, I don’t know.

I personally like to see them as friends, with Kazooie also being Steve’s friend but liking to playfully trash talk him sometimes.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Either could win, I don’t know.

I personally like to see them as friends, with Kazooie also being Steve’s friend but liking to playfully trash talk him sometimes.
Though i like your answer,i still personally want to know which character would win a battle(not trying to fuel a rivalry or a flame war just fun banter and i might ask the same question in the banjo thread)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the record, I'm not that interested in Minecraft at all, but I wouldn't really be opposed to it getting in either. I just think it probably would get Mii costumes or a stage at best, a character would be possible mainly if there's been enough prior support.

Just getting it out of the way so that there's no hard feelings.

:glare:
This guy will just milk about anything to get views won't he?
I honestly don't think this guy believes in the majority of the videos he posts on his channel.
Either those, or he's an idiot. The guy's posted so many "theory" and "leak" videos that he must be punch-drunk by now.

I feel like we should build up our fanbase now rather than waiting for a ballot to ocoour or not
Well, that's fair enough. Otherwise the guy will just end up being another flavor of the month(s), that has support completely drop after deconfirmation, just like Crono and most Mother characters.

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Thing is unlike those characters, Minecraft is both relevant and worldwide popular, don't exactly NEED a smash fanbase to keep them alive like say Geno.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Otherwise the guy will just end up being another flavor of the month(s), that has support completely drop after deconfirmation, just like Crono and most Mother characters.
I'm not sure he'll turn into a flavor of the month, but we definitely need to rally support.

Youtube videos of Steve in Smash always reach the thousands or near-thousands depending on how well-known they get, one even reaching 80k, and always far outnumber the dislikes. It feels as if there are a lot of people who would like to see Steve in Smash, but they're either silent or mostly-silent and stick to Twitter so it's hard to see them.

They may also not realize that, even with Minecraft being popular, that doesn't guarantee Steve for the future just like some other "big-time" characters/franchises so they should still speak up if they're adamant about it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not sure he'll turn into a flavor of the month, but we definitely need to rally support.

Youtube videos of Steve in Smash always reach the thousands or near-thousands depending on how well-known they get, one even reaching 80k, and always far outnumber the dislikes. It feels as if there are a lot of people who would like to see Steve in Smash, but they're either silent or mostly-silent and stick to Twitter so it's hard to see them.

They may also not realize that, even with Minecraft being popular, that doesn't guarantee Steve for the future just like some other "big-time" characters/franchises so they should still speak up if they're adamant about it.
Yeah. It's likely there's a bunch of people that are being complacent and go "oh, he'll get in anyway, just going to sit cozy like Mario" when third parties getting in solely due to general series popularity is not how it works.

I hadn't noticed any particular push for Steve until Ultimate came along. If they wanted to act, they should have done so during the ballot days, otherwise it'll take 10 years of rallying for anything to be achieved.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. It's likely there's a bunch of people that are being complacent and go "oh, he'll get in anyway, just going to sit cozy like Mario" when third parties getting in solely due to general series popularity is not how it works.

I hadn't noticed any particular push for Steve until Ultimate came along. If they wanted to act, they should have done so during the ballot days, otherwise it'll take 10 years of rallying for anything to be achieved.
To be fair, there weren't any particular push for Joker and Hero before Ultimate came along, neither.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There were people on Miiverse asking for Steve, but yeah no major push from what I remember tbh. I wasn't as involved with speculation to be fair, however, just being positive and trying to cheer up people's hopes for Ice Climbers until the 3DS snapped them.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, there weren't any particular push for Joker and Hero before Ultimate came along, neither.
Yeah, but at least those had the luck of being Sakurai favorites (whether or not he's seen any speculation is unknown). That, and there must have been an underground movement in Japan for a DQ character, at least. Joker's still an outlier in many ways besides popularity.

If I'm not mistaken, Sakurai had brought up Minecraft once, and I'm not sure he even said anything about Steve.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If I'm not mistaken, Sakurai had brought up Minecraft once, and I'm not sure he even said anything about Steve.
He does seem to love Minecraft based on things he has said, however, and pointed out the resource-gathering aspect in his article, how even just a stone could be put to use later on.

I can understand him not mentioning Steve; while he's basically the face of the game alongside Alex and the Creeper, he and them aren't the focus with him and Alex being avatars, of course. I still think they'd be the best for a playable Minecraft character, however, and they could show that resource-gathering aspect or at least put different items and blocks to good use. Mojang also acknowledges them in stuffs.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Joker's fanbase was fairly silent from what I remember, cause people didn't think he had an actual chance.

Steve had some vocal bits, but a lot of them became way more vocal thanks to Verge speaking up. He didn't lack a fanbase by any means. When you're competing with Banjo, you tend to not want to speak up because it means you could be put down for not supporting the "right one". It was a very prevalent issue for a very long time. Having the wrong opinion still gets chastised on these forums and it's horrible. It's not hard to blame Steve fans for being quiet for a long time. The Smash 4 DLC scene got really nasty alone. Even the fact Wolf wasn't DLC(along with Corrin coming in too) created huge arguments. Many weren't even to acknowledge why things could happen, even unexpected ones. It's why thinking a lot of characters are locks is a bad idea. It creates tons of pointless turmoil over nothing. Supporting with hope was always better for healthy speculation, while also not acting like an ass whether or not your character is in.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but at least those had the luck of being Sakurai favorites (whether or not he's seen any speculation is unknown). That, and there must have been an underground movement in Japan for a DQ character, at least. Joker's still an outlier in many ways besides popularity.

You can say every character is an outlier. Doesn't change the fact that you don't need a super aggressive and old fandom to get into Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Joker's fanbase was fairly silent from what I remember, cause people didn't think he had an actual chance.

Steve had some vocal bits, but a lot of them became way more vocal thanks to Verge speaking up. He didn't lack a fanbase by any means. When you're competing with Banjo, you tend to not want to speak up because it means you could be put down for not supporting the "right one". It was a very prevalent issue for a very long time. Having the wrong opinion still gets chastised on these forums and it's horrible. It's not hard to blame Steve fans for being quiet for a long time. The Smash 4 DLC scene got really nasty alone. Even the fact Wolf wasn't DLC(along with Corrin coming in too) created huge arguments. Many weren't even to acknowledge why things could happen, even unexpected ones. It's why thinking a lot of characters are locks is a bad idea. It creates tons of pointless turmoil over nothing. Supporting with hope was always better for healthy speculation, while also not acting like an *** whether or not your character is in.
It's still a problem that lasts to this day. Either lesser-supported characters seldom get brought up (if they even are at all, especially without a support thread), or they are brought up somewhat frequently, but either end up being drowned out by the bigger movements of certain characters, or dismissed entirely simply for "not being possible". Even worse if someone makes the mistake of bringing up a certain lesser-talked character as often as possible in the general thread. And then there's people that show up in support threads just to state their dislike of their character.

There's a reason why I haven't been on here for years at a time. Nowadays, I'm an advocate for almost anyone that's possible to be supported, when we're all supposed to be in this together.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's still a problem that lasts to this day. Either lesser-supported characters seldom get brought up (if they even are at all, especially without a support thread), or they are brought up somewhat frequently, but either end up being drowned out by the bigger movements of certain characters, or dismissed entirely simply for "not being possible". Even worse if someone makes the mistake of bringing up a certain lesser-talked character as often as possible in the general thread. And then there's people that show up in support threads just to state their dislike of their character.

There's a reason why I haven't been on here for years at a time. Nowadays, I'm an advocate for almost anyone that's possible to be supported, when we're all supposed to be in this together.
People should be allowed to explain why they dislike a character, to be fair. But there's an obvious difference between expressing it in a reasonable manner and creating actual useful discussion and just bashing. Though I admit our rules are being discussed about this so things could change. As of now, detracting alone is not against the rules, but tact is required and one should listen to others and debate in good faith.

To clarify more, it's because we want healthy discussion and for people to not sit in a safe zone as is. There is nothing wrong with someone not believing a character has a chance. It depends how they go about it. There is no question many are trolls too. We've enforced against those who are actually trolling, after all. When one brings up a counterpart, others discuss things. This is why there was some good discussion on Banjo and why it became realized that the character didn't lack relevancy either(besides the constant promotion by Microsoft, the franchise was kept alive via merchandise. Many would argue it's running on fumes).

And yeah, that's true. Different opinions are treated like **** a lot for no reason whatsoever. Both Banjo and Steve supports have to deal with tons of trolls/others bashing their game/series. It's pretty prevalent among tons of fanbases as is. And it's horrible it happens. Agreeing to disagree seems to be like a different language to others.

Top Bottom