• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think we're getting a costume and various Spirits at least. Maybe a stage too. No way we're lacking MC content. Verge is 1:1 with everything else. Worst was he called the wrong time the SE character came out. But now we have Luminary(as the main Hero along with more alts) in, so...

Might as well expect it.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Well, I can't really say where they're going of if Steve is sitting this one out or not just yet. There are still two more characters left for this pack and it isn't impossible that they could have gotten a twofer deal with Microsoft. Last game, Capcom got two characters in the same game and in this one Konami got two as well. I can't say he's super likely, but it isn't over until the last character is revealed and they announce no additional fighter passes.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
User infracted for trolling here.
Well, I can't really say where they're going of if Steve is sitting this one out or not just yet. There are still two more characters left for this pack and it isn't impossible that they could have gotten a twofer deal with Microsoft.
If they did it'll be Banjo and Master Chief.

Steve's never getting in, I'm confident of it.

Staarih

Smash Master
I think we're still in the running, at least until we get more info on the Banjo pack which could come along with Minecraft/other Microsoft stuff like Mii costumes etc.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
If they did it'll be Banjo and Master Chief.

Steve's never getting in, I'm confident of it.
Eh, we'll agreed to disagree.

Microsoft overlooked Halo already once, and with Minecraft as big as it, I can see the bigger demand, and desire from Nintendo, for Steve over Chief. Steve isn't a given, but he'll never not be a strong contender, especially as those who grew up with his game come to age.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steve never stopped being in the running.

Though it's possible he might just be a costume now.

Either way, Minecraft is pretty much going to be in the game anyway. We have a perfect track record with Verge. It's practically confirmed. I mean, being a little skeptical is fine.

(For the record, if you believe someone is trolling, report the post).

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
It's sad to say, but I think this marks the end for Steve's chances of getting in. Sad to say, but maybe we'll get our chance another day.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
It's sad to say, but I think this marks the end for Steve's chances of getting in. Sad to say, but maybe we'll get our chance another day.
I don't think so. A big advantage of using multiple characters from the same company is that you get multiple characters for the price of one negotiation. I've always thought that Banjo or Steve being revealed would only increase the other's chances. I don't get why people think it has to be one or the other.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Vergeben was right after all, so, Minecraft will have content yes or yes.
I'm betting on it being mii costumes. I pray there's a miracle and Minecraft gets a playable fighter, but it's looking extremely unlikely.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I'm betting on it being mii costumes. I pray there's a miracle and Minecraft gets a playable fighter, but it's looking extremely unlikely.
If we can't get Steve, maybe we'll get
STiiVE. (A combination of Mii & Steve)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I don't think so. A big advantage of using multiple characters from the same company is that you get multiple characters for the price of one negotiation. I've always thought that Banjo or Steve being revealed would only increase the other's chances. I don't get why people think it has to be one or the other.
People seem to developed some sort of fan rule about how many characters a company can get. Yet the game is proof there is nothing to say Microsoft couldn't get another character when you look at it. Capcom and Konami both have two unique characters and an echo, Sega has three unique characters and Square has two all while Pac-Man remains the lone Namco fighter, so there's no rhyme or reason to how many characters a company gets. It's no guarantee, but the possibility is just as real as them only getting Banjo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People seem to developed some sort of fan rule about how many characters a company can get. Yet the game is proof there is nothing to say Microsoft couldn't get another character when you look at it. Capcom and Konami both have two unique characters and an echo, Sega has three unique characters and Square has two all while Pac-Man remains the lone Namco fighter, so there's no rhyme or reason to how many characters a company gets. It's no guarantee, but the possibility is just as real as them only getting Banjo.
I can see why people think it won't happen during the same DLC cycle.

We actually haven't had two outright newcomers from a single company with the exception of an Echo for either base roster(both at once) or DLC(both at once). So it's an understandable stance to take. I agree we shouldn't use fan rules, though.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I can see why people think it won't happen during the same DLC cycle.

We actually haven't had two outright newcomers from a single company with the exception of an Echo for either base roster(both at once) or DLC(both at once). So it's an understandable stance to take. I agree we shouldn't use fan rules, though.
I get where you're coming from; to those individuals, I suggest listening to the advice you gave me about adhering too close to patterns on the previous page. ;)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I get where you're coming from; to those individuals, I suggest listening to the advice you gave me about adhering too close to patterns on the previous page. ;)
I never said I disagreed with your point. I don't follow patterns closely.

But they are still useful for predictions. It's how I was sure Luminary would be the face, and not Erdrick, of Hero. One of the many reasons, anyway.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I never said I disagreed with your point. I don't follow patterns closely.

But they are still useful for predictions. It's how I was sure Luminary would be the face, and not Erdrick, of Hero. One of the many reasons, anyway.
I figured you didn't fully, I just thought what you said still applies. I really don't know what to expect from DLC, ever time I think I have things pinned down, another "rule" gets broken.

Regardless, I'm keeping hope for the chance to have Steve become a crazy unique fighter.

Max Wasson

Smash Rookie
I just realized that Steve might still have a chance at being revealed at this year's Minecon which is in September, the same month Banjo and Kazooie's DLC pack might be released.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I figured you didn't fully, I just thought what you said still applies. I really don't know what to expect from DLC, ever time I think I have things pinned down, another "rule" gets broken.

Regardless, I'm keeping hope for the chance to have Steve become a crazy unique fighter.
I'd love it, even if it's not this game.

Rare's own tweets implied this was planned for a long time. Maybe that set of datamined Rare IP's for Spirits were actually a sign? I don't believe so, but we might've had an accidental hint.

Either way, I want to see tons of Microsoft costumes/spirits. There's a crapload of sweet content they can provide~

Max Wasson

Smash Rookie
If we can't get Steve into Smash Ultimate, I wonder if we can get him into Super Smash Flash 2 or Brawlhalla.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
User was infracted for this post - trolling
When did the words "X is never getting in" ever worked?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can't help but notice that this thread has, what, 15 supporters? Despite 19 pages long?

My EWJ thread has twice that and is only on its third page. Whether you like it or not it seems like there is significant pushback against Steve being in the game. And for good reason.

Last edited:

Max Wasson

Smash Rookie
I can't help but notice that this thread has, what, 15 supporters? Despite this thread being 19 pages long?

My EWJ thread has twice that and is only on its third page. Seems like there is significant pushback against Steve being in the game. And for good reason.
EWJ? And also, Steve has had a fair share support even outside of Smashboards, of course this likely started hiking when Vergeben leaked "Minecraft concept" before Smash Ultimate's release in 2018.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I can't help but notice that this thread has, what, 15 supporters? Despite 19 pages long?

My EWJ thread has twice that and is only on its third page. Whether you like it or not it seems like there is significant pushback against Steve being in the game. And for good reason.
Cease your trolling and go away. The person who created this thread abandoned it. That supporters list is waaaaaay outdated.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The old Thread owner is completely absent. I can try to update the support list, though.

Please don't acknowledge trolling. Just report it. We're already on the situation. Thank you for the current report somebody sent. We vastly appreciate it and I wouldn't have even noticed the issue as fast if it weren't for that. :)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'd love it, even if it's not this game.

Rare's own tweets implied this was planned for a long time. Maybe that set of datamined Rare IP's for Spirits were actually a sign? I don't believe so, but we might've had an accidental hint.

Either way, I want to see tons of Microsoft costumes/spirits. There's a crapload of sweet content they can provide~
I see the extra content going one of three ways.

A) Exclusive to Banjo Kazooie
B) Exclusive to Rare
C) Microsoft in general

The latter would be ideal since there's a lot to work with. Any KI costume for Mii Brawler would be an instant buy.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I see the extra content going one of three ways.

A) Exclusive to Banjo Kazooie
B) Exclusive to Rare
C) Microsoft in general

The latter would be ideal since there's a lot to work with. Any KI costume for Mii Brawler would be an instant buy.
I see A as most likely for music, B for Spirits, and C for Mii costumes
Reasoning:
The stage itself is from Banjo so all the music has to be from the series unless they pull a :ultpacman:.
Since there exists data of Blast Corps/Jet Force Gemini spirit categories in the code, adding spirits could happen though since the data is unused and tied to the cartridge, this may not happen.
And of course, I need Mii costumes of Master Chief and maybe a Creeper Hoodie or Steve costume.

But remember, we're dealing with entirely unknown territory now since we only have one released DLC and they only came with Persona music, Persona 5 spirits, and Persona Mii costumes (plus the return of the Sonic costumes from 4). So who knows...

Alias Tex

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3796-7058-8396
Prediction:

IF we get any costumes from Minecraft along side Banjo, then Steve isn’t coming.

IF we get no costumes from Minecraft along side Banjo, then Steve is coming.

Minecraft costumes are such an obvious shoe-in that the only reason for Microsoft to not include at least one would be because it is coming later. If we do get Minecraft costumes, however, it would be strange not to time them alongside the release of Steve and the Minecraft stage, leaving Microsoft with fewer on-theme costumes for later. Minecraft costumes alongside banjo would be the latest example of consolation costumes.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Prediction:

IF we get any costumes from Minecraft along side Banjo, then Steve isn’t coming.

IF we get no costumes from Minecraft along side Banjo, then Steve is coming.

Minecraft costumes are such an obvious shoe-in that the only reason for Microsoft to not include at least one would be because it is coming later. If we do get Minecraft costumes, however, it would be strange not to time them alongside the release of Steve and the Minecraft stage, leaving Microsoft with fewer on-theme costumes for later. Minecraft costumes alongside banjo would be the latest example of consolation costumes.
Did the treehouse reveal any microsoft content coming with banjo kazzooie?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Did the treehouse reveal any microsoft content coming with banjo kazzooie?
Since they’re not coming until Fall, I’d say it’s very unlikely we’ll hear more until then.

At the very least, info might come once Hero drops.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Man I'm trying my best not to let my fuse blow.

It actually already did but I decided against replying...except this: Fricken jerks and their "I'm oh-so-superior" behavior and their stupid facades they sometimes try to pull and their ignorance on a character's popularity and meaningless crap they try to rub in others' faces.

Last edited:

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
been here from Geno support thread just a meme to tell yall to stop crying

Mod Edit: Image is a bit too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
been here from Geno support thread just a meme to tell yall to stop crying View attachment 227604
We're not even crying.

We just don't want people who are incessantly rude.

And frankly, it doesn't matter how long a character's been asked for, it's a dang videogame and anyone can be sad over their character not being in if they want. This is just dumb, using crap to dump on characters' fans people are biased against. Good thing it seems like a minority.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
been here from Geno support thread just a meme to tell yall to stop crying View attachment 227604
I get what you're intending but I think it's a little misguided as nobody here really is complaining. We're hopeful that there still is a possibility, and able to accept if this isn't his time. It's been mostly chill around these parts.

If there's others outside of this thread up in arms over this, I suggest reaching out to them directly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's please avoid images that are bloody, thank you.

But yeah, let's be more tactful when talking to other fanbases. Probably best to read the thread and see their reactions. Even then, calling them names doesn't help.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
nothing to do with smash bros but i find it cool so i wanted to share it anyways

Top Bottom