• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Your Vergeben has step fourthnonce again

He said the Minecraft content is a boss

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77233375/912970747

Post 97

But however uh-oh he may have lost points be cause they may have figured out they found every boss and that was his most creditable source
It could be DLC, maybe as a stage boss.

He also thinks Steve could be DLC, though not because of his sources; he just doesn't think Steve is disconfirmed.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Vergeben is already aware of the datamining, and so is List*** (the guy who compiles his stuff on /vg/), and Verg is going to verify the status of that Minecraft boss (whether it's on the Day-1 patch or appears as a DLC). Things aren't done yet.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77235613?jumpto=46#46
There is more to it because these responses of mine are required for full context
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77233375/912971980

Keep in mind that it does not automatically mean Steve will not be DLC. It was speculated by one of my main sources that all the speculation and talk of a fighter and stuff could have been a misdirect this whole time. But we will see. I am awaiting a response from them to see if they could possibly shed some light on this since it is very confusing right now how a boss could be implemented that was not already datamined.
http://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/235447836#p235454483 (Warning: Coarse language)
**** ACCIDENTAL PAGE REFRESHES
ALRIGHTY, i got it. Verge allowed me to post this for my infographic. (which i'll update once i get a a Switch next week)

this came from his "reputable" source (or his 3rd main source, the one he likes to vet with) for rumor. RIGHT NOW, he's asking him about if this is for the Day 1 Patch.

i personally assume it is post-release stuff the tester guy foretold about when he leaked the game stuff to the internet. because there's literally nothing Minecraft in the game right now

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea that’s what I’m suspecting

The boss will be part of the fighter package

Here’s what I’m wondering though if bosses get added in will certain characters boss get changed to ones added?

NukeA6

Smash Master
So this is the end of the troll character that would have upsetted the masses?

Alias Tex

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3796-7058-8396
Imagine this...

Steve as DLC, but his DLC stage is the stage-builder.

Then life would be complete.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Nice to see Steve support still exists.

There's only room for one indie character in Smash Bros and it might as well be the biggest villain to the entire Smash fanbase. He survived the Grinch, the AT purge, and Gallom. He's more than earned his place as DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Attention Steve supporters

WE HAVE A NEW STEVE LEAKER!!!!

His name is xenother xenother he is from gamefaqs here is his profile https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/xenother

Also here’s a statement what he made
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77228568

“Steve is still in accept it”

And he said that he was super fun to play with

But there were times that I don’t want Steve in some posts from other threads because....

•creepy 4chan model and it’s evilness
•cringe kids
•the fanbase
•the fan animations and songs
•and even that mediocre telltale game series

But I look at myself I find out I’m wrong about Steve and xenother all along (just like I was with :ultken:and :ultincineroar:)and find out he’s a fun character to play with. Plus with xenother with verges boss stuff it would result in this

Steve’s classic mode boss

It would tie in with his 10th anniversary and promote the new mc dungeons game

If sakurai can make him fun then he will

I hope you can all forgive my hatred over him:(
Nice to see Steve support still exists.

There's only room for one indie character in Smash Bros and it might as well be the biggest villain to the entire Smash fanbase. He survived the Grinch, the AT purge, and Gallom. He's more than earned his place as DLC.
Steve isn’t indie anymore notch confirmed it

He’s Microsoft now

Plus he’s not a villain that’s what 4chan thinks

The others dont

While you’re right about the dlc part you don’t have to say that to other characters

Please don’t be like this

NukeA6

Smash Master
User was warned for this post; inappropriate content
Steve isn’t indie anymore notch confirmed it

He’s Microsoft now

Plus he’s not a villain that’s what 4chan thinks

The others dont

While you’re right about the dlc part you don’t have to say that to other characters

Please don’t be like this
How can he not be a villain? This image even matches villain music:

Also Steve is on my most wanted. I at least want a Minecraft stage since they tend to be pretty fun no matter where they appear.

D

Deleted member

How can he not be a villain? This image even matches villain music:

Also Steve is on my most wanted. I at least want a Minecraft stage since they tend to be pretty fun no matter where they appear.
Delet this

NukeA6

Smash Master
Delet this
If it makes you feel better, a mod deleted it. I knew people here don't like creepy Steve but I never knew they were such big babies about it. Oh well, screw it, I'm never posting a pic, video, or even an emoticon in this site ever again.

D

Deleted member

Steve’s gonna be the second newcomer after the se rep(sepiroth) I can just feel it right now
B07AA238-B032-4558-81B1-BE4122AB80B7.jpeg

C57A317E-DA6F-4ED9-B082-16C3F483A098.jpeg

Steve for smash dlc!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Xenother said he was leakbait
And Vergeben said his source was told "not to take him seriously."

A couple of users (or one at least) in the Geno thread, whom are sharing info with PolarPanda, have also said that they saw the reasoning for these statements and it's nonsense/bias (in Xenother's case I'm guessing his source is biased or something, because Xenother has actually said he wants Geno. Vergeben's source may be biased as well but idk).

Also, for them to know it was leak bait, their source must have been caught, or their source knew another person leaking Geno and they got caught, which could also mean the character is real.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Really hoping for Steve and Geno to make it in as DLC! Steve was my most wanted newcomer (ironic as that sounds, I know), so I was a bit ...annoyed when Incineroar got in and he didn't. (Plus didn't help that Isaac was given the AT middle finger!)

D

Deleted member

Really hoping for Steve and Geno to make it in as DLC! Steve was my most wanted newcomer (ironic as that sounds, I know), so I was a bit ...annoyed when Incineroar got in and he didn't. (Plus didn't help that Isaac was given the AT middle finger!)
Steve is almost becoming a dlc lock so you don’t really need to be hoping for him. just expect him to get revealed as the 2nd dlc fighter;)

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Steve is almost becoming a dlc lock so you don’t really need to be hoping for him. just expect him to get revealed as the 2nd dlc fighter;)
Who said this? I remember Vergeben only saying Minecraft had boss content :( I'm not sure if I trust that Xenother guy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's not a lock by any means, but he definitely has a lot going for him.

Hitagi nor Xenother are actually credible. They're just unproven leakers right now.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Ignoring leaks, what we do know is that both Nintendo and Sakurai personally like the game and have gone on record to speak its praises. In addition, Nintendo has created an Minecraft-themed 3DS, which isn't something the do for all too many Third-Party titles. And of course there was the cross promotion Nintendo had with Microsoft a few months ago to advertise the ability to play Minecraft with other devices, something that is also uncommon for Nintendo to do. As far as Third-Party contenders go, Steve isn't doing half bad.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... Joker getting in makes me think that Steve is super highly likely right now...
Especially when Reggie said that the characters are gonna be ones you really wouldn't expect

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
So... Joker getting in makes me think that Steve is super highly likely right now...
Especially when Reggie said that the characters are gonna be ones you really wouldn't expect
If it weren't for leaks, Steve would've absolutely been unexpected, so I say his chances are still pretty good. This will be a pretty exciting DLC cycle since pretty much all previous conventions are gonna be tossed out the window thanks to Joker's inclusion and Nintendo making the picks instead of Sakurai or the fans.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
So with the recent reveal of Persona 5's Joker, and using context within Reggie's quotes surrounding the matter, this is a list of things that our blocky boi has going for him:

- From an ongoing, extremely popular franchise
- Nintendo history, having been on the 3DS, Wii U, and Switch, as well as promoting crossplay
- Heavy promotion within Nintendo commercials and merchandise
- Sakurai being a Minecraft fan (just as he is a Persona fan)
- A huge admiration for a younger audience, which is sure to attract a lot of people to Smash - which means more money for Nintendo and Microsoft
- Is incredibly unique and different, something Reggie said the DLC will aim for
- Would bring a WTF level of shock just like Joker, and is a character nobody would have anticipated. Which brings us onto the last point...
- A recurring face among leakers

Is Steve a lock? Absolutely not. Could we get Banjo instead? Of course. Could we get no Microsoft character at all? Also possible. But Steve has so many things going for him, that I'd say he's become even more of a front runner for DLC.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Sorry to have on Steve, but Persona 5 HURTS him because most people were saying he would be a pick for money and not for the fans;the exact opposite of Joker. If anything Joker boosts Master Cheif significantly.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Sorry to have on Steve, but Persona 5 HURTS him because most people were saying he would be a pick for money and not for the fans;the exact opposite of Joker. If anything Joker boosts Master Cheif significantly.
I think you might be underestimating how many people enjoy Minecraft. The people who call Steve a money pick are mostly older gamers who want characters from older or non-casual titles. Steve would excite a great deal of younger gamers who may not be familiar with classics like Castlevania and Mega Man.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I completely disagree. Since when is Joker a "fan pick"? Everyone here knows the fan favorites and Joker is not even close to one of them. Steve and Joker are cut from the same cloth.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Steve and Joker are both in similar boats. Both hail from popular games owned by rival companies (despite not being owned by Sony, Persona is essentially known as Playstation exclusive), both have had niche support regarding Smash, both were never anticipated, and both bring a WTF level of surprise.

Minecraft and Persona have a ton of fans. They've just been niche picks regarding Smash, because the community is entirely fixated on the same circle of characters (not even I'm excused from that, haha). If supposed leaks didn't exist, nobody would have even thought Steve would be a possibility, and would bring extremely similar reactions to Joker's reveal.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You're underestimating Minecraft's popularity, especially in Japan... There are definitley supporters for Steve...
If anything, Joker helps Steve.
He fits the unique character that no one would expect claim that Reggie was talking about...

Imo, Steve still has a lot going for him

I'd Negæte That

Smash Cadet
After looking at some of the details on the 1.14 snapshots, it looks like the devs are turning Minecraft into somewhat of an libertarian rpg direction with stuff like Pillager raids and omens, and perhaps these could make Steve of a more interesting character. Also, they finally added crossbows.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm still in the belief that the mining and crafting element will be what sets Steve apart from all fighters. Knowing Sakurai, that kind of crazy direction would be right up his alley. Some new weapons, ie crossbow, to Steve's normal attacks would be pretty good though.

D

Deleted member

I'm still in the belief that the mining and crafting element will be what sets Steve apart from all fighters. Knowing Sakurai, that kind of crazy direction would be right up his alley. Some new weapons, ie crossbow, to Steve's normal attacks would be pretty good though.
But The real question is

What are they gonna do with his limbs?

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
If we get a Microsoft rep, I have a strong feeling it will be either Master Chief or Steve. Steve would be the far likelier pick since Sakurai likes Minecraft, just as he likes Persona 5. As for Banjo-Kazooie, I don't think they're getting in. Does Nintendo even care about them? I don't think they ever even acknowledged their 20th anniversary. Plus, Banjo-Kazooie are dead. They couldn't promote anything. Steve is definitely the most logical choice at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom