• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Anop

Smash Apprentice
Ok I’m pretty sure that Steve is gonna make it in. That’s why I’m gonna get Minecraft for the switch, even tho I’m still not that clear about what it is about and how to start :upsidedown:

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Ok I’m pretty sure that Steve is gonna make it in. That’s why I’m gonna get Minecraft for the switch, even tho I’m still not that clear about what it is about and how to start :upsidedown:
First you mine, and then you craft. And just, don't die. There you go, that's my strategy guide, go get 'em champ.

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
I support. People are always really unfairly dismissive towards the idea and i’m like, are you really doubting that Sakurai of all people could make it work?

Klimax

Smash Ace
Hi Steve's supporters, I wanted to say something.

I dislike Steve, I don't like the character at all but I still want to defend him. I think that the hate on the character is just dumb as hell, I don't see why his inclusion would be a bad thing at all. In my opinion, that wouldn't be a good or a bad thing, Steve would just be there and I wouldn't give a damn about his presence. I don't know why so many people would boycott the game just because of his inclusion. At the end of the day, there's a fact and this is that Minecraft is just huge and could make people play Smash Bros (and that point is a good thing). And I don't really care about Minecraft being a "kids game" (which is not true by the way), I think this is just a dumb argument made up by some elitist who think that saying this make them look better than the others.

So, I don't support Steve's inclusion and I would prefer many Microsoft characters over him but I still think that the hate against him is childish. Until a few days/weeks ago, the speculation scene was cool, people were supporting other characters, we had a non-toxic competition. But since the box theory, Steve's rumors and Incineroar/Ken's confirmations by Vergeben, people are becoming more and more agressive because they're scared that their favorite character could be ignored by Sakurai. And while i can understand that fear, I still think that many people should chill.

Now, I don't think that Steve is going to be in the base game but I think that he he's pretty likely for DLC. And to be honest, while I don't care about it, I think that's cool for you guys. I don't know why i should be against something that I don't care about when some people really want it, it would a child's behavior.

So, good luck guys !

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
My dog's aunt actually works for Nintendo, and she was able to leak this for me (keep it on the down low not tryna get anyone fired):

Oof this sucks I don't think the image is loading. It was funny too

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Although I'd prefer Minecraft to have just a stage and creeper assist in terms of representation, I support Steve's inclusion. Minecraft is such an iconic and influential game, it really would be completely deserving of a character. Steve could also have a unique moveset based around building, which would be pretty neat. The one thing I'm kind of worried about is how his design would fit in with the other characters, but I'm sure they'd be able make it work.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not sure about Steve's inclusion but I thought it'd be fun to run down all the "firsts" that he'd be if playable.

First character developed and owned by a Western Studio (Sub-category Europe)
First character to have debuted on the PC format (The MSX-2 was a home computer but more along the lines of a commodore 64)
First Character developed by an independent studio (Microsoft only got their fingers in the pie after the game was launched)
First character to have less polygons than Smash 64 character models (assuming they don't give him elbows and knees.)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I guess people aren’t aware that smash is used as an euphemism for ****?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A lot of the younger fans really want him in Smash Bros, so I wouldn't be surprised about that. It could've been spam or that precaution.

I recall seeing pictures of fans posting about Minecraft in Smash back in the Smash 4 miiverse days, so I assume this has been going on for a while.

now, don't fail me Vergeben leaks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please just write out the regular word. Besides that, you can make it clear what word you mean without dodging the censor.

And yeah, Smash can refer to many things(being Smashed can mean Drunk, for instance).

Another is the spam point. People really want him in Smash, so spamming that itself would hurt the chat alone.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm gettin' tired of people acting like a character or something not being in is good for their character.

As if Minecraft getting in or not affects their character's chances, because it's all up to Sakurai. It's silly.

D

Deleted member

Look I have no interest in the character, and I do not have any interest in Minecraft. But I just want to wish you guys luck.

I respect Minecraft for what it's done and if he does get in. Good on him.

Good luck to Steve.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the character animations is Minecraft's new spin-off would actually work well for Smash Steve with Elbows being able to bend but only at right angles and faces animating but not with that strange 3D thing that the Telltale Games (RIP) versions do.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Although I don't play Minecraft much nowadays, I do have fond memories of playing it around the times of the 1.8Beta-1.3 release. As such, I'd like to see some Minecraft content make it into the game. Don't really care if it's Steve as a playable character, or a Creeper as an assist trophy, or a stage, I'd definitely like to see it in some way, shape, or form.
I'll support him. I also like some of the ideas the moveset google doc presents. I'd love to see what they could do with him.

am4deus

Smash Rookie
A Mojang employee at Minecon said they have no interest in SSBU.
This could mean "Minecraft will be in Smash" is a fake leak.
Mojang also said they do aware that many people want Steve to be in Smash and they'll try contacting Nintendo, but at this point I don't think this is gonna happen.
I supports Steve, I spent 4 hours watching Minecon, despite it was midnight in my country, and got nothing :/
(my first post lol)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Dang, I actually found an old petition to prevent Steve from being added, filled with stupid reasons.

A Mojang employee at Minecon said they have no interest in SSBU.
This could mean "Minecraft will be in Smash" is a fake leak.
Mojang also said they do aware that many people want Steve to be in Smash and they'll try contacting Nintendo, but at this point I don't think this is gonna happen.
I supports Steve, I spent 4 hours watching Minecon, despite it was midnight in my country, and got nothing :/
(my first post lol)
I ain't buying this without a source, I don't see anything of the sort on Google or the official Minecraft twitter, nor Jens' twitter (the lead of Minecraft development). Pretty sure they wouldn't mention Smash in the stream, either.

Seriously, trolling like that is just low. nevermind, I'm sorry, I've just seen accounts like this before

Last edited:

am4deus

Smash Rookie
I rethought, so there is still hope for Steve to be in Smash, maybe they keep it for the next Smash Direct.

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
Everyone’s making a Moveset for Steve, but I don’t have the patience for that. So I decided to brainstorm possible representation Minecraft could get in smash

Character: Steve, duh

Assist: Creeper makes the most sense.

Boss: Ender Dragon. The “final boss” of Minecraft would work perfectly for a boss maybe even a AT like Ratholos

Item: Probably either a sword or pickaxe. Although an ender pearl would be unique and fun

Stage: The end is basically made to be a stage, but they would probably choose the overworld. I still think a stage that flips between overworld, the nether and the end would be awesome

BEplaysMC

Smash Rookie
if youtube playlist theory is correct, then the next direct should reveal either incenaroar or steve.

if it is a pokemon direct, inceneroar is revealed, box theory is correct, and ken alone is the last reveal... that would be so amazingly dumb i would almost be ok without steve.

BEplaysMC

Smash Rookie
the guy who leaked steve also leaked the new version of the switch (that i think was just confirmed)

steve is lookin even more likely

Last edited:

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
So out of curiosity, what would Steve's victory theme be? All of Minecraft's memorable tracks are slow, melancholic with a sense of wonder rather than an upbeat jingle after completing some epic quest.

I personally think it would be a sped up, orchestrated piece of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SznnVAnkv3c , specifically the part 0:36 - 0:46.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What is the probability Steve gets in smash? Any opinions on why he shouldn’t
Steve and the Creeper (and Alex too, I think) are the faces of Minecraft.

While Minecraft's ingame art-style is a bit...eh for Smash Brothers, its official website and game-case art-style could fit in fine, and there are animations for the player in the actual game that show that their limbs aren't only able to move in two directions.

The upcoming Minecraft: Dungeons also shows how Steve could be more-expressive and also move his limbs without clipping into himself, and there are a lot of options for a moveset. Sakurai has also expressed how he likes Minecraft and its game-design, mentioning the resource-gathering aspect of it and other stuff in one of his columns specifically for Minecraft.

Minecraft may not be in Smash, but it's entirely possible.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Uh-oh. I just saw this in the General Speculation thread...

Suddenly, new franchises look a lot less likely. Also, if this is true, Vergeben's credibility just took another blow.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I support Steve and would laugh at all of the salt that could come with him. He's honestly pretty likely atm as well. He also needs an Alex echo fighter. XD

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I support Steve now. The guy has such huge moveset potential that he'd rival Game&Watch in it. I even like Minecraft enough that I enjoy parodies of it in other games.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Wow, I can’t believe I wasn’t notified about the activity on this thread, I’ve been a huge supporter since this was only 1-2 pages, so where did all you people come from?

Honestly I’m glad to see Steve getting love, he deserves it for being such a huge gaming mile stone.

I actually started going back to MC and honestly the game is fantastic, it’s so peaceful and calming, a real low stress game. I would love to see another peaceful title make their way into Smash as we only really have Animal Crossing and Hanenbow.

Here’s hoping for him as Steve is a box I can check off both my predictions and most wanted lists

Most Wanted
1) Bandana Waddle Dee
2) Steve
3) Diver (Endless Ocean) - Absolute pipe dream at this point, but I’d love more ocean themed material

Predictions (Our roster will be 10 Newcomers)
1) Steve
2) Bandana Waddle Dee
3) Skull Kid
4) Geno
5) Incineroar

1) Ken (Ryu echo)
2) Shadow (Sonic echo)
3) Impa (Sheik echo)

Top Bottom