• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Minecraft is millions of peoples childhood and smash is a collection of everyone's childhoods.
Soooooooooooo it definitely deserves a spot on the roster as a newcomer.
He would have an extremely creative moveset. In fact, here is one I just threw together.
Up-B: Steve uses his fishing rod to tether to the ledge.
Neutral-B: Like Shulk's Monado selection expect its 6 different Minecraft weapons that are used until the durability runs out which makes his physical attacks worse because he is using his fists. The 6 weapons are Sword which has great damage but runs out quickly, Shovel which is standard but buries opponents when used, Axe which has great knockback and pretty good damage, Trident which is thrown at opponents and then quickly returns, Snowballs which do no damage and act like Squirtle's Neutral-B can be used to push opponents away, and Bow which fires arrows that are slower than links but more powerful.
Side-B: Steve rides on a minecart like Bowser Jrs side-B but it explodes when it hits an opponent.
Down-B: Steve places a lava bucket on the ground which spreads out and deals damage to opponents while slowing them.
His attacks all have a motion which is done but depending on what weapon Steve has chosen to use that attacks will do different effects.
I know it sounds like hell to program and design but think of the creative combos that use be used.
I can't wait for the day that a Steve main wins EVO.
I
i feel like the neutral B should switch inbetween blocks with different functions rather than weapons but i still like the idea of switching
inbetween weapons

D

Deleted member

It would be cool to have an option to transform every stage into a Minecraft version of them.

Sadly, it may be unlikely to happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It would be cool to have an option to transform every stage into a Minecraft version of them.

Sadly, it may be unlikely to happen.
More like impossible. That's way too much work for the developers.

Now I could see them having maybe a unique stage or two and for the owners of the IP to agree with the idea. Like the Super Mario Maker stage using that aesthetic.

D

Deleted member

More like impossible. That's way too much work for the developers.

Now I could see them having maybe a unique stage or two and for the owners of the IP to agree with the idea. Like the Super Mario Maker stage using that aesthetic.
Could work too, yeah.

D

Deleted member

“Hello my fellow supporters it’s me Steve how’s it going? just another few months until we get my announcement...oh what’s this someone at the door? should be good for a......Ah what a pleasant surprise it’s sakurai himself! what’s this an invite for me? Why thank you mr sakurai I always wanted to be a part of the smash roster! can’t wait to join the battlefield and clash against gaming icons like mario and link soon!”
A3B1877D-523E-4F52-B80B-1F79C4E5534E.jpeg

I have no idea why I made this
#steveforsmashdlc

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
“Hello my fellow supporters it’s me Steve how’s it going? just another few months until we get my announcement...oh what’s this someone at the door? should be good for a......Ah what a pleasant surprise it’s sakurai himself! what’s this an invite for me? Why thank you mr sakurai I always wanted to be a part of the smash roster! can’t wait to join the battlefield and clash against gaming icons like mario and link soon!”
View attachment 195756
I have no idea why I made this
#steveforsmashdlc
...did you give Sakurai a bunny tail?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Minecraft Spirit Idea time!

Creeper: Green Samus that prefers down specials, starts with a Bob-omb, and is assisted by a hostile Bomberman Assist Trophy. Support spirit that gives the player a Bob-omb at the start of battle.
Chicken: White colored Falco in which only Cuccos and Eggs and Bacon food spawns. Support Spirit that increases ranged attack power.
Enderman: Mewtwo in its Purple alt costume that starts with a Pokéball that always summons Abra. Primary 1 star Neutral spirit with Water Weakness.
Enderdragon: Purple Charizard that permanently breathes fire and has constant Super Armor. Primary Attack 4 star spirit that increases fire attack power.
Wither: Three Inklings in the Green alt costume (closest thing to skulls that I could find) that use Down Special constantly, has increased power, and heals when at critical damage (all fighters also start with 300% damage, but the Wither spirit heals it all immediately). Primary Grab spirit that increases shooting attack power.

That's all for now.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Minecraft Spirit Idea time!

Creeper: Green Samus that prefers down specials, starts with a Bob-omb, and is assisted by a hostile Bomberman Assist Trophy. Support spirit that gives the player a Bob-omb at the start of battle.
Chicken: White colored Falco in which only Cuccos and Eggs and Bacon food spawns. Support Spirit that increases ranged attack power.
Enderman: Mewtwo in its Purple alt costume that starts with a Pokéball that always summons Abra. Primary 1 star Neutral spirit with Water Weakness.
Enderdragon: Purple Charizard that permanently breathes fire and has constant Super Armor. Primary Attack 4 star spirit that increases fire attack power.
Wither: Three Inklings in the Green alt costume (closest thing to skulls that I could find) that use Down Special constantly, has increased power, and heals when at critical damage (all fighters also start with 300% damage, but the Wither spirit heals it all immediately). Primary Grab spirit that increases shooting attack power.

That's all for now.
I feel like ridley fits more with the enderdragon

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what Steve's Final Smash would be?
Maybe the spawning an Ender portal and having the character facing the Ender Dragon? Or just a rain of TNT blocks?

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what Steve's Final Smash would be?
Maybe the spawning an Ender portal and having the character facing the Ender Dragon? Or just a rain of TNT blocks?
His final smash could be creative mode but i prefer the final smash involving the enderdragon but i still like your ideas

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I will still go on record as saying Steve will get in and will probably be the third character shown with a big E3 reveal. My guess is that the next character will be Erdrik as the Dragon Quest rep, then Steve as the big E3 reveal with Minecraft Dungeons. After Steve, most likely Doom Slayer as the final spot, as I feel number 4 is up in the air.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just hope that if/when Steve does get in he gets a design overhaul. The pixelated low budget look fits the style of Minecraft but seeing something like that walk around in Smash when characters like Shovel Knight, Takamaru, Ice Climbers, etc. get full redesigned 3D models would be incredibly disappointing to me.
Though I admit having an option among Stage Builder to use those kind of blocks would be cool too. As long as it's not the only Minecraft content, though. It deserves better than that.
As disappointing as it sounds that is plausible. Some of the content of other games doesn’t even boil down to even that much. Some get only a spirit.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I just hope that if/when Steve does get in he gets a design overhaul. The pixelated low budget look fits the style of Minecraft but seeing something like that walk around in Smash when characters like Shovel Knight, Takamaru, Ice Climbers, etc. get full redesigned 3D models would be incredibly disappointing to me.
As disappointing as it sounds that is plausible. Some of the content of other games doesn’t even boil down to even that much. Some get only a spirit.
I feel like we should somewhat stick to the original design

osby

Smash Obsessed
But they were sprite characters to begin with, Steve already has a 3D model.

I can see development team giving him different textures and maybe more joints but that's it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But they were sprite characters to begin with, Steve already has a 3D model.

I can see development team giving him different textures and maybe more joints but that's it.
I’m not saying I wouldn’t be ok with that but I would love a truly updated version of Steve. I guess the blockiness of Minecraft should stay but I’d like for them to overhaul his design into a more, um, definitive(?) look. Something that can be really beautiful I suppose. A good ass looking character model.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it'd be weird if they changed Steve's model save for making it so his face can show emotion through pixel changes or the stuff done in Minecraft: Dungeons; this is mainly because I don't see Mojang changing the models in Minecraft at all, they even made the horse model more simplistic so it'd fit better.

tbh I'd also prefer his current blocky design, though I guess I'd probably end up loving whatever updates Mojang makes to the game's models if they ever actually do. I think he could fit Smash better if they base his design off of Minecraft's official artwork / merchandise, which cleans up his colors, but I'd like his ingame appearance just the same.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
i found some animations on how steve would work in smash bros

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
These are nice references.

Also, can you put them into spoilers? Multiple videos make it hard browsing for mobile users.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
They did anyone realize that minecraft was anounced for the xbox game pass a few days ago?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They did anyone realize that minecraft was anounced for the xbox game pass a few days ago?
I read that a few days ago myself. Makes the "dig" comment hilarious in hindsight. And even then, I don't believe it was meant as a hint. ...If it is, though, that's even funnier.

D

Deleted member

So with cuphead coming to the switch and Nintendo all like “with our friends at Microsoft” I looks to me a Microsoft rep is guaranteed at this point and who better than Steve to join?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Steve or Microsoft stuff in general getting in Smash is way more likely now after Turok, Cuphead and Xbox Live.

Maybe we even get two Microsoft reps who knows.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I love these so much. I really want to see what Sakurai could do with Steve, there's a lot of potential. Especially given how much source material can be pulled from.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been thinking about how to incorporate a crafting mechanic into Steve's moveset. Right now, I'm toying with the idea of Steve's main weapon being a pick axe, and each time he strikes the opponent, there's a chance of "mining" some ore. As more ore is obtained, Steve can gain things like armor, eventually leading up to the Diamond Armor. This promotes aggressive play over camping, which might be otherwise easy to do for a "mining" based playstyle, as it would give defensive benefits from offensive play.

Just something I've been thinking about that could be a neat concept.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If Steve gets in then I hope they incorporate building blocks as part of his moveset. It wouldn't do him justice if they left it out.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about how to incorporate a crafting mechanic into Steve's moveset. Right now, I'm toying with the idea of Steve's main weapon being a pick axe, and each time he strikes the opponent, there's a chance of "mining" some ore. As more ore is obtained, Steve can gain things like armor, eventually leading up to the Diamond Armor. This promotes aggressive play over camping, which might be otherwise easy to do for a "mining" based playstyle, as it would give defensive benefits from offensive play.

Just something I've been thinking about that could be a neat concept.
I was thinking the same thing. He's standard attacks would generate collectible materials, either appearing on the stage or going directly into his "inventory," which he could then use in his special moves to craft/upgrade weapons or items or use the materials to build structures, like temporary platforms, to affect the stage. This would not only make him unlike any fighter, obviously, but also open up room for some new and creative strategies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was thinking the same thing. He's standard attacks would generate collectible materials, either appearing on the stage or going directly into his "inventory," which he could then use in his special moves to craft/upgrade weapons or items or use the materials to build structures, like temporary platforms, to affect the stage. This would not only make him unlike any fighter, obviously, but also open up room for some new and creative strategies.
Plus, if he's able to craft armor that increases his defenses, it doubles as a neat implementation of Minecraft's Survival theme in addition to it's Crafting theme. :p I'd love if he were made like that.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Plus, if he's able to craft armor that increases his defenses, it doubles as a neat implementation of Minecraft's Survival theme in addition to it's Crafting theme. :p I'd love if he were made like that.
Knowing Sakurai's desire to bring out the core essence of a character/game, I couldn't see him portrayed any other way. Bringing in the survival element would even further capture how Minecraft is played.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Im not really a supporter but I came to see the other side of the fence so to speak.

I know these videos are jsut fan ideas/intepretations but it just furthers my thoughts that Steve aesthetically and design wise just does not fit in Smash. They all just looked so awkward and jarring in a bad way. I like the ideas presented but I HATE how they look.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Im not really a supporter but I came to see the other side of the fence so to speak.

I know these videos are jsut fan ideas/intepretations but it just furthers my thoughts that Steve aesthetically and design wise just does not fit in Smash. They all just looked so awkward and jarring in a bad way. I like the ideas presented but I HATE how they look.
If just want to say you don't like Steve in Smash, this is the wrong thread for it.

Top Bottom