• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

andree123

Smash Ace
It's not like the block placing ability can't be balanced in the game. They can limit the number of blocks you put, make them easily destructible, or even make them disappear after a set time. Just because an idea hasn't been implemented in Smash yet doesn't mean it will be game breaking.
If they limit the block placing to 5 or so, make it so the blocks have to be placed next to ground or each other, and make it so you have to wait until the blocks disappear or you mine them to get them back, then it should be fine. Could still be useful, as you could make a ledge and lead opponents to it to try and get them closer to the blast zone, or make a wall and combo them against it. It wouldn't be campy at all, not anymore campy than what's already done anyway.
Hmmm, what happens if Steve's Minecraft blocks touch with the blocks in the Green Greens stage?
EDIT: By the way, Steve can abuse the blocks with a set time by placing the blocks close to the blast zones in midair and get rid of the rest except the ones close to the blast zones, and then Steve can replace one of the blocks that has disappeared already.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hmmm, what happens if Steve's Minecraft blocks touch with the blocks in the Green Greens stage?
If Green Greens' blocks disappear, I think Steve's blocks could still float in the air until their time ends. Or they could break/have a shorter time, being alone in the air and all.

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Been hearing talks about Japan’s Unofficial Smash Fighter Ballot earlier today, so I decided to share this with you guys, and the results are certainly a different story compared to the West, because despite only having 1394 votes, Steve managed to reach second place, with a DQ hero at number 3, and Sora once again taking the top spot. Naturally, I’m really happy that the Japanese audience is seeing the potential of our blocky boi, and the fact that one of my other most wanted characters, Fire Emblem’s Byleth is also on Japan’s top 18 makes me happy too!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Been hearing talks about Japan’s Unofficial Smash Fighter Ballot earlier today, so I decided to share this with you guys, and the results are certainly a different story compared to the West, because despite only having 1394 votes, Steve managed to reach second place, with a DQ hero at number 3, and Sora once again taking the top spot. Naturally, I’m really happy that the Japanese audience is seeing the potential of our blocky boi, and the fact that one of my other most wanted characters, Fire Emblem’s Byleth is also on Japan’s top 18 makes me happy too!

An expected result. Minecraft is a global phenomenon, everyone from every part of the world likes the game.
And part of me is happy to see that Crash is still popular in Japan. Crash 3 is the first Western game to achieve over a million sales in Japan, that should count for something.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

So happy to see both Steve and Banjo-Kazooie getting recognition from Japan as well.

also Sans.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the "exciting" upcoming news to celebrate Minecraft's tenth anniversary - do you guys think that it may include Steve's reveal trailer? It very conveniently lines up with the supposed private video uploaded to the Smash Bros. YouTube channel. Personally, I think the two announcements are going to be the upcoming AR game and more information on Dungeons, but I'm crossing my fingers for a Smash announcement...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Regarding the "exciting" upcoming news to celebrate Minecraft's tenth anniversary - do you guys think that it may include Steve's reveal trailer? It very conveniently lines up with the supposed private video uploaded to the Smash Bros. YouTube channel. Personally, I think the two announcements are going to be the upcoming AR game and more information on Dungeons, but I'm crossing my fingers for a Smash announcement...
Probably not
But it's still something to take note of just in case.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we were to get one, Nintendo'll be there to show it off. So it's not like they can't actually go own to Minecon(or send a representative) to do it.

Which person went out of their for the Joker preview at the VGA?(not a reveal, just a preview, since it had no real details).

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
If we were to get one, Nintendo'll be there to show it off. So it's not like they can't actually go own to Minecon(or send a representative) to do it.

Which person went out of their for the Joker preview at the VGA?(not a reveal, just a preview, since it had no real details).
Reggie. And it’s true that Nintendo mostly prefers to reveal new characters on their own terms. Because of that, I’m expecting them to reveal the next fighters at E3, since it’s really almost a month away from now.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Reggie. And it’s true that Nintendo mostly prefers to reveal new characters on their own terms. Because of that, I’m expecting them to reveal the next fighters at E3, since it’s really almost a month away from now.
As am I. But who knows, we could get something before that. Joker wasn't a worldwide "preview" either, as the VGA is Western-centric.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
As am I. But who knows, we could get something before that. Joker wasn't a worldwide "preview" either, as the VGA is Western-centric.
Probably some more previews or something, I would honestly be surprised if we even get any character teases before E3, (or the Nintendo tournaments for that matter) but one thing is certain for me, if Steve gets teased THIS month, I am REALLY going to freak out! Then again, can’t really bank on it just yet.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
A neat little animation of steve in smash bros
Well, unfortunately, I was expecting a scene where Steve knocks back someone further away from the edge and then Steve blocks the edge by placing blocks, it didn't happen.

Still, the animation is awesome.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
E3 is coming close, I've always said that it's the perfect time to reveal Steve, but I may have been too rash with my thinking. Best case scenario is that he gets revealed at E3, but there's always the possibility that he might get revealed at a later date. What I'm basically saying is hype reasonably, the biggest video game event is coming but there's no guarantee that we'll see a Microsoft character revealed during that event.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
E3 is coming close, I've always said that it's the perfect time to reveal Steve, but I may have been too rash with my thinking. Best case scenario is that he gets revealed at E3, but there's always the possibility that he might get revealed at a later date. What I'm basically saying is hype reasonably, the biggest video game event is coming but there's no guarantee that we'll see a Microsoft character revealed during that event.
And while I know it may be very unlikely Steve might just be one of those two big announcements on Minecraft’s 10th anniversary this Friday. There are rumours surrounding a private vid on Japan’s SSBU channel and if they announce Steve in May, maybe they could release him in June, for E3. So possibly Steve could be announced before E3, but we probably shouldn’t set our hopes up for that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And while I know it may be very unlikely Steve might just be one of those two big announcements on Minecraft’s 10th anniversary this Friday. There are rumours surrounding a private vid on Japan’s SSBU channel and if they announce Steve in May, maybe they could release him in June, for E3. So possibly Steve could be announced before E3, but we probably shouldn’t set our hopes up for that.
This only works if a Nintendo employee is there to basically present it.

Minecraft employees can't actually present it as they don't have any ownership over the SSB IP. They basically need outright permission to announce anything other than their own direct content. Nintendo is rather notable for refusing to let anyone else announce stuff for Smash in itself. They literally went down to a gaming event itself to announce a Smash direct. If Nintendo isn't there at all, he will not be announced there as is.

Of course, this doesn't affect him being one of the DLC characters at all. But I doubt he'll be showed off at Minecon(not impossible, if Nintendo wants to use the event to help push the DLC announcement. They used the VGA, after all).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Your wayyy better at building in minecraft than me
I'm sure you can build very well.

Honestly, a lot of stuff I've seen makes me feel mediocre, though tbh I tend to be very lazy anyway.

I have tried some "bigger" projects before, like a Luigi's Mansion build, but if I start feeling like I'm messing up badly, or someone griefs it or accidentally destroys it if I'm in multiplayer, I start procrastinating or giving up. I guess I should try and break that bad habit...

Last edited:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I thought that at first, but around E3 is when the next character should be released if the 2 month pattern continues, which means a reveal a month before would make sense (look at Mario Maker 2) and they could just reveal character #3 at E3.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
I thought that at first, but around E3 is when the next character should be released if the 2 month pattern continues, which means a reveal a month before would make sense (look at Mario Maker 2) and they could just reveal character #3 at E3.
Coming to think of it, I feel they could do things a little differently from last time around, I mean, at this point I’m almost certain we could see the next DLC characters be announced at the Nintendo Direct, with Challenger Pack 2 being released soon following that, and Challenger Pack 3 releasing between late August - September. Although I can assume that Nintendo may only want to reveal one character in order to make room for the other games that will be showcased there. As such, maybe a reveal after the tournament, as well as one during the Direct could work if they choose to do so.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Hey guys.

I don't want to you all be disappointed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/bpeh6d/spoiler_what_tomorrows_announcement_will_be_on/

:/ We need to wait until E3.
Nintendo mostly prefers to share new Smash info on their own terms, because if Steve were to be announced, Nintendo would be the first to share the word. So in all honesty, I don't think we will get any Smash news until E3, so we will just have to wait a little bit longer, until then, I'm pretty excited to see what the Minecraft VR project can bring to the table, it looks really fun!

Last edited:

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Idk bros I don’t know if Steve is happening
Neither do I, but he definitely has a great chance, especially with the growing fan support over the last few months, and if it doesn't happen, at least we will have fun speculating about it, which is all that really matters in my opinion.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey guys.

I don't want to you all be disappointed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/bpeh6d/spoiler_what_tomorrows_announcement_will_be_on/

:/ We need to wait until E3.
I didn't expect Smash news anyway (that's for Nintendo to announce), but it kinda sucks that Minecon is one of their big secrets they hyped up, since it's something everyone expects to come each year anyway. Hopefully they tease new stuff and it's all something cool and special, but I dunno, we have to wait 'til September anyway and I really don't get why they went with Minecon as one of the secrets when they've always announced it without doing some weird mystery tease for its existence.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Apparently Minecraft is now the outright best selling game of all time, one-upping Tetris after all of this time. Couldn't've had a better time to reach that milestone, too.

Well it's Wikipedia and a few others saying that, but still! I do believe them, and honestly? This probably sets the stage for Steve's inclusion even more.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Apparently Minecraft is now the outright best selling game of all time, one-upping Tetris after all of this time. Couldn't've had a better time to reach that milestone, too.

Well it's Wikipedia and a few others saying that, but still! I do believe them, and honestly? This probably sets the stage for Steve's inclusion even more.
Man it's crazy to think that an indie game that I played almost ten years ago has become the highest selling game of all time. This game has come far, a Smash inclusion is only one step away.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Block games always come out on top.

not including the Minecraft clones, Infiminer, and I don't know how Roblox is doing.

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman

I dont really see why people count tetris as the best selling game of all time,i feel like all games of tetris is more so a franchise rather than a port of a single game

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I dont really see why people count tetris as the best selling game of all time,i feel like all games of tetris is more so a franchise rather than a port of a single game
Because they're not counting the sequels. It's just the original Game Boy and its direct ports.

1.21 Jiggawatts

Smash Cadet
Steve Smash Moveset Idea

Neutral Special - Block Selection - A pop up menu will appear (like Shulk's) with 8 blocks, dirt, wooden planks, cobblestone, obsidian, TNT, Slime Blocks, Sand, Magma Block

Side Special (I couldn't decide between these two)
Bow - Steve charges up a arrow and fires it (Just like the Links)
Potion of Harming - Steve throws a potions of harming, which damages and launches anyone it hits (Like Robin's Side Special)

Up Special - Firework - Steve fires a firework, which damages anyone it hits. If Steve uses this while using the Elytra, he will gain a speed boost in the direction he is facing (Possibly also damage anyone he hits?)

Down Special - Steve can place his currently selected block anywhere around him by move the joystick

Final Smash - Creative - Steve turns to Creative and flys around the stage, spawning creepers

Jumps - Steve has the normal 2 jumps, but if he tries jumping again, he will pull out his Elytra. The Elytra will work like Meta-Knight from Brawl

Blocks
- Dirt - 4 total blocks, 10 HP
- Wooden Planks - 3 total blocks, 20 HP
- Cobblestone - 2 total blocks, 50 HP
-Obsiden - 1 total blocks, 100 HP
- TNT - 3 total blocks, 1 HP, when destroyed they will shortly explode
- Slime Blocks - 2 Total, 15 HP, acts like the bumpper item
- Sand - 4 total blocks, 10 HP, is effected by gravity, will launch players it hits when falling
- Magma - 3 total blocks, 10 HP, damages any player who touches it

What do you all think?

andree123

Smash Ace
Blocks
- Dirt - 4 total blocks, 10 HP
- Wooden Planks - 3 total blocks, 20 HP
- Cobblestone - 2 total blocks, 50 HP
-Obsiden - 1 total blocks, 100 HP
- TNT - 3 total blocks, 1 HP, when destroyed they will shortly explode
- Slime Blocks - 2 Total, 15 HP, acts like the bumpper item
- Sand - 4 total blocks, 10 HP, is effected by gravity, will launch players it hits when falling
- Magma - 3 total blocks, 10 HP, damages any player who touches it
The blocks feel very OP, maybe you should try nerfing them.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Steve might get deconfirmed and if he does i will still support him

Top Bottom