• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

ouchy

Ouch
Lmao i don't want Steve to be on the roster, yet at the same time i feel like it would be such a funny amazing thing to have

how would he moveset even work lmao

I will support for the same reasons as Androobie too. Etika will be so hyped. :^)
He's gonna end his stream in embarrassment or hes gonna freak out and his chat will flame him

50/50 thing

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Lovin' the new Minecraft 3D.

Obligatory Nightmare Mode is a blast.

Sucks that I can't play the "Removing Herobrine" episode, however, and save Herobrine instead of complying with Mojang's orders. Anyone have their game registered?

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Lovin' the new Minecraft 3D.

Obligatory Nightmare Mode is a blast.

Sucks that I can't play the "Removing Herobrine" episode, however, and save Herobrine instead of complying with Mojang's orders. Anyone have their game registered?
I remember when i first played minecraft 3d in 1994 when i was only -10 years old,so nostalgic

So what are your thoughts on the polarpanda leak

D

Deleted member

I would go on a roadtrip with Steve or Alex without any worry.

I enjoy exploring and finding places.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
So what are your thoughts on the polarpanda leak
I don't put too much weight on leaks since so many hoaxes, including several very convincing ones, have been passed around so often.

With that said, I'm not familiar with this one in particular.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
I saw a tweet about one of the minecraft devs deconfirming steve

Aubrey norris one of the minecraft community managers said something about steve only being a "generic skin that the player replaces after only a while"which could deconfirm steve

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The developer in question is a new employee. And they made it clear they knew nothing, only replying to the rumors. It's their opinion Steve isn't in.

The community manager simply has an opinion that Steve shouldn't be in. Both are pretty meaningless at this point.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
The developer in question is a new employee. And they made it clear they knew nothing, only replying to the rumors. It's their opinion Steve isn't in.

The community manager simply has an opinion that Steve shouldn't be in. Both are pretty meaningless at this point.
I hope youre right

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I wouldn't worry too much about it, I know there are those that are trying to hype up these random tweets as meaning something but they're just people spouting their opinions online and hold as much water as our own.

A community, key word, manager isn't part of the development/creative process and only focuses on dealing directly with the fans. There's really no way she would have any definitive insider knowledge, and certainly wouldn't be sharing it while performing her job (interacting with the fans) if she did.

The other individual started just about a few weeks ago, so he's much too new to have any insider knowledge, especially if talks between Sakurai/Nintendo/Microsoft/Mojang have been going on for a while and DLC was picked back in December.

Nothing concrete is known about if Steve is getting in and trying to use opinions on social media to debunk him is just wishful thinking from those who hate his possible inclusion for some reason.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I was worried but after looking at the Twitter evidence I cannot really take it seriously.

Aubrey is just the head of community voice, meaning that she just relays feedback from the community to the Minecraft devs. She most likely wouldn’t know about Steve as it’s not within her division, plus even most of Mojang may be left out of the decision seeing as Microsoft would be the one calling the shots and their creator, Notch, that they’d need permission from, doesn’t work at Mojang any more. As we know, Smash is very secretive so I doubt most would know about Steve’s inclusion, especially Community Voices and new employees.

Also, Aubrey’s comments seem completely off the rails as she is basically mocking the main character of the series she was hired to promote. It seems like a lot of sarcasm not meant to be taken seriously or more opinion than concrete decomfirmation.

Honestly Minecraft is still one of the most likely candidates at this point....

Verge claims its coming, and he was one of few to not give into the Grinch leak and predict the entire base roster.

It was one of 5 titles within that other leak, which may not be credible, but every franchise excluding Ninja Gaiden does have quite a bit of evidence.

It’s a Sakurai column, which has only been used for what 4 games from 3rd parties that Sakurai praised including the speculated Doom and confirmed Persona 5.

MC is a big Nintendo 3rd party weirdly enough, it got a 3DS, spotlight in Nintendo Switch Online, and is what started crossplay between Nintendo and XBOX

D

Deleted member

This is basically like that time when an official Playstation account on Twitter for a country I don’t remember claimed that N.Sane Trilogy was a PS4 exclusive, just to scrap that later telling it was just a timed exclusive.

I don’t worry too much about these comments, since it can easily end up in a similar way.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
It’s a Sakurai column, which has only been used for what 4 games from 3rd parties that Sakurai praised including the speculated Doom and confirmed Persona 5.
He's definitely used his column to praise well more than 4 third-party games - did you know that Sakurai wrote a whole column on how much he loved Half-Life 2 back soon after it came out? - but other than that yeah, I think Minecraft in Smash, in some form or another, is looking very likely.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
He's definitely used his column to praise well more than 4 third-party games - did you know that Sakurai wrote a whole column on how much he loved Half-Life 2 back soon after it came out? - but other than that yeah, I think Minecraft in Smash, in some form or another, is looking very likely.
Ohh... Sorry. I guess my point still stands though as Sakurai’s columns could hint at characters as obviously Joker got in after he wrote a full column on Persona. While I doubt Half-Life or Undertale would get anything, I do think big titles like Minecraft stand a pretty big chance if Sakurai is a fan of said game.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Even without leaks, it's not like there's a shortage of things going for Steve.

We know that Sakurai has played (multiple times), respects and likes Minecraft.

We know that a character from Minecraft can bring an experience that no other character can do, something Sakurai has emphasized as being important when considering a playable fighter. Namely the building/creating aspect which can be implemented in a variety of ways such as item/resource generation & management, item creation/maintenance and structure/terrain creation, all of which has not been done before. Not only that, but there's also the highly unique and iconic aesthetic of Minecraft as well.

We know that Minecraft is still immensely popular. It's the second highest selling game of all time and even as recent as last summer topped the charts in sales on the Switch. Likewise, despite attempts to downplay Steve himself, those familiar with the game are at least familiar with his appearance as he is marketed on the merchandise frequently and, despite being the default skin, has his share of alt skins in-game as well.

We know that Nintendo respects/likes the game enough to include numerous content from its flagship Super Mario series. In addition, it's one of the few third-party series that got a special themed Nintendo console, namely the Creeper designed 3DS. It's also the series that Nintendo specifically co-promoted with Microsoft on the Switch as well as the used as the poster-child for the Swtich's crossplay ability.

Steve pretty much checks all the boxes that come up for Smash fighters, so he does have a very strong chance. Of course nothing is guaranteed or confirmed, but he's anything but out of the running.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It's weird to see people digging(HAH) up these tweets of community managers to deconfirm Steve. These people aren't high on the ladder to know about the talks that happen between higher-ups. I know Smash fans can get so vehement about showcasing their dislike for a character, but all these findings don't prove anything. Regardless, this won't stop the detractors from dancing happily about Steve finally being "deconfirmed". protip: he isn't

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Aubrey makes sure Mojang, as a company, goes smoothly, since she's a Senior Manager, so she may know whether or not Steve is in.

It seems her opinions are truthful but I find her November tweet funny because the person she was replying to, direwolf20, is known for always using the Steve skin.

I think Steve could work despite being an easily-changed avatar, however, as I can see his stiff limbs working just fine and they could use the new Dungeons' emotions or simply change the pixels on his face. I also just like how Steve looks in official artwork, or even ingame though I do prefer using my own skin or whichever skin I like.

I think Steve looks unlikely now, however, so I'm just gonna hope Banjo-Kazooie gets in if Steve doesn't since I don't know if we can get both.

It does feel hurtful how cocky and rude a lot of people are about Steve probably being disconfirmed, however, with some being desperate for answers from Microsoft or Mojang employees and developers. I guess I'll just blame the 4chan and GameFAQs trolls for making Steve fans look bad :crying:

Last edited:

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
I would like to support Steve's inclusion in Smash Ultimate. I'm confident that he will get in, one way or another.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I think Aubrey makes sure Mojang, as a company, goes smoothly, since she's a Senior Manager, so she may know whether or not Steve is in.
She's the head of community voice. Her job is to take in feedback from the community, so I doubt that she'd be in on the very secretive deals between Microsoft and Nintendo. She isn't a developer, or a creator, and her only job is really to just be an advertiser and a person that helps community complaints get to Mojang, neither of which are really needed when it comes to Smash.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Aubrey was in another Twitter thread just yesterday, in case no knew already.

Based on what I saw, Aubrey stated that what she said about Steve was just her opinion, so I'm certain that Steve is still in the books.

EDIT: Here's the tweet I was mentioning earlier:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

What's more, when asked on if she was sure about Steve's inclusion, she responded with this-

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
If Steve gets in, what would his alts be? Obviously Alex would be there, but besides that, would it just be Steve and Alex wearing different clothes, or completely different characters with each skin?

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Steve gets in, what would his alts be? Obviously Alex would be there, but besides that, would it just be Steve and Alex wearing different clothes, or completely different characters with each skin?
Make each of his alts a different character like :ultbowserjr:, so "Steve is just an interchangeable skin!" argument can be a moot point.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Make each of his alts a different character like :ultbowserjr:, so "Steve is just an interchangeable skin!" argument can be a moot point.
This would also be very fitting, seeing how the Minecraft player can turn into any character.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Gnoggin made a detailed moveset video for Steve, I like it a lot and wanted to share it with everyone here.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Gnoggin made a detailed moveset video for Steve, I like it a lot and wanted to share it with everyone here.

I've actually watched the original video before this, the way the moves were presented were on point, though my only nitpick is that the side special should be the splash potions, as the bow and arrow would be more fitting as a neutral special, but nonetheless, I'm glad to see this concept get more exposure.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

That's a pretty good set, though I think the bow is still kinda bland. We have enough archers anyway, so I'm sure they'll come up with something different for the Side Special.

D

Deleted member

Wether we get Steve or not, the clear thing is that a Microsoft rep is pretty possible.

And Steve has the potential of being it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I support Steve because I support characters I know who are from games that revolutionized the industry.
We know without question that this includes Minecraft.

(Brawl had Sonic and Snake, while 4 had Mega Man and Pac-Man) The franchises usually represent two different companies as well.
What does this mean? (I know it is from a long time ago, but I do not think that matters)

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

So apparently they’re making a Live Action Minecraft Movie....
Out of all video game live action adaptations I did not expect Minecraft to get one. I'm curious nevertheless.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I support Steve because I support characters I know who are from games that revolutionized the industry.
We know without question that this includes Minecraft.

What does this mean? (I know it is from a long time ago, but I do not think that matters)
You kinda took it out of context to fully understand, but going back I was just saying that I though there’d be two 3rd parties in this Smash title. Every Smash since Brawl had two new 3rd party characters introduced within the base roster with both acting as a representative for that company. In Brawl, Konami was represented by Snake and Sega was represented by Sonic. Going into Wii U and 3DS, Capcom was represented by Mega Man and Namco was represented by Pac-Man. Within each of the base rosters of the previous Smashes we had the addition of two new 3rd party characters, which subsequently meant two new companies joined as a whole. I thought Ubisoft and Microsoft would be the two new 3rd party companies to be represented at the time, with Rayman and Steve respectively. It just felt in line with prior games.

Top Bottom