• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Rocks Smash! Steve (and Alex) Social Thread

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not post multiple times in a row. Edit your message instead. You can also click +Quote to add multiple quotes your message instead of just Reply alone.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Here's my preferred items for Steve:
  • Diamond Sword
  • Bow & Arrows
  • Shield (might not happen since they're only in Java Edition)
  • Ender Pearl
  • Water Bucket
  • Trident
  • Anvil

Mobs for Steve to use:
  • Wolf
  • Horse
Alternate costumes:
  1. Steve
  2. Alex
  3. Tuxedo Steve
  4. Tuxedo Alex
  5. Scottish Steve
  6. Swedish Alex
  7. Smash Shirt Steve
  8. Smash Shirt Alex

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Xbox Game Pass could just be Master Chief of Banjo. (who would both be preferable bte)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It talking about SSB while noting a game pass does sound odd. Let's note that only Minecraft has crossplay among Microsoft and Nintendo among the notable games. I don't think "dig" is more than just a common thing, but I do think they could be hinting at something. It's still most likely Steve, who has the least barriers to get through. He's the most relevant, wouldn't have any competition-related issues, and is extremely iconic(which unfortunately Banjo cannot say. He's up there, but nowhere near the levels of Steve or Master Chief). Master Chief still has the issue of being a Microsoft 1st party IP. Putting him in might be an issue for competition to them. Logically, I don't think it is, but if you want MC, you can get Smash instead of Halo. Which again, is not good logic, but 1st party companies don't like to heavily put their main IP's heavily on other company's systems. Cameos are one thing, but Smash is no cameo. It's also a matter of whether Nintendo is okay with promoting Halo like that. They might not be. Sakurai doesn't care about console wars, but companies do.

Steve pretty much has the most going for him logically. That said, there's little reason to use the word dig there either. It's common, but the timing is odd. So it could be an intentional hint or nothing at all. It's pretty subtle due to the fact it's a common word.

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Dig is a common expression for liking a game.
Nobody's saying it's concrete proof. It's just food for thought. News has been slow so it's just something to speculate over for the time being. Steve is the most probable Microsoft character at this rate so it's natural that the tweet could be eyebrow raising. It could be nothing. It very well could be.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That didn't stop the Isaac fanbase from freaking out over a generic tweet
Generally the Smash character speculation community has an issue of searching for things that aren't there. It's an issue all character support groups suffer from that needs to honestly stop.

Not saying to not keep it in mind. But it's not worth looking at beyond an "oh that's cool". Even when there isn't no news.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I agree with you guys, the fans really look too deep into things that weren't meant to be taken more than face value of. Steve still has more than enough going for him that a random tweet isn't going to really change his chances.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Came back to support my boi after my long departure. If that one leak for all DLC is true than our boy will get in along with Ryu, Doom Guy, Erdrick, and Joker.

Here’s hoping and to start preparing for the full hate from Banjo fanboys.

D

Deleted member

Hey dose anyone find that Steve render on 4chan disturbing as ****? Because it was on of the reasons I didn’t want him at first.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey dose anyone find that Steve render on 4chan disturbing as ****? Because it was on of the reasons I didn’t want him at first.
I think it's ugly, but I also find it somewhat funny...except for one pic where its eyes are missing...and the rude renders the trolls made...

I wanted to use it in Garry's Mod or SFM but it's not publicly available it seems :S

edit: there is one pic of it where he's just smiling normally, though with his arms crossed and his eyes looking mean or "I'm cool." Looks a lot less ugly than the other renders of it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A lot do. Enough that it became spammed heavily and we had to remove it since people were getting heavily disturbed. Even worse when it was just replied to instead of... reported only.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so...

what do y'all think about Hytale?

gonna mod Creeper and Steve into the game, and might also make Sanstale...well, if I can understand the modding tools that come with the game...

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I've just found out that the answer to this is "NO".

Which means that hearing this from the Games Pass account means jack squat.
We never took it as fact...
Just something interesting to talk about

You didn't need to come into the support thread just to talk crud on us, ya know?

I don't remember anyone questioning Isaac fans after they took that one Golden Sun-esque image as a hint...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really don't believe the tweet means anything, though it would've been funny if Minecraft ended up on Game Pass the next day, with the "Super Duper Graphics" pack, light shining through a formation with shadows projecting the Smash logo by pure coincidence...

...my brother actually showed me the same kind of picture except it was in Fortnite...Jonesy confirmed guys.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You didn't need to come into the support thread just to talk crud on us, ya know?

I don't remember anyone questioning Isaac fans after they took that one Golden Sun-esque imag as a hint...
Calm down. I'm pointing out how the tweet really means squat in terms of Minecraft for Smash when Games Pass doesn't even feature Minecraft.

I'm not an Isaac fan, but even I know that they were taken to task for that pic to high heaven. And at least that actually came from Sakurai himself.

No need to judge based off narrow-minded cultural assumptions. Just because many people legit do not like Steve doesn't mean me saying what I'm saying is taking a dump on ya'll, or even him honestly. I simply asked a question, and found the answer with the deduction. Nothing more. I'm neutral on this.

It's just that the tweet pretty much means nothing as TheCJBrine TheCJBrine put it. There's just more proof for that earlier on.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It was weird, but one of the more fun moments during the lead up to Ultimate's release. The only downside from it gave Steve supporters such a bad reputation that nobody believed any of us legitimately wanted him playable.

D

Deleted member

I really don't believe the tweet means anything, though it would've been funny if Minecraft ended up on Game Pass the next day, with the "Super Duper Graphics" pack, light shining through a formation with shadows projecting the Smash logo by pure coincidence...

...my brother actually showed me the same kind of picture except it was in Fortnite...Jonesy confirmed guys.

Don’t ever bring that up again

Mr. Toasty

Smash Rookie
Yes
I'd love to see Steve in Smash in fact I have a great moveset for him

His symbol thingy would be the creeper face. Obviously. It's iconic and picking anything else wouldn't feel right.
His stage entrance would be him walking through a nether portal.
His standard attack would be a 3 hit combo with his sword.
Dash attack: rams into his opponent with a shield. It has armor like K. Rool
Forward tilt: a strong slash with his sword.
Up tilt: an overhead slash with the axe
Down tilt: a crouching stab with the trident

Forward smash: a hit from the pickaxe. It can pitfall opponents
Up smash: he slashes upwards and overhead with his sword
Down smash: he slashes in a circle with his axe

Grab: he uses the fishing rod. Can grab edges like young links hookshot
Pummel: headbutt
Forward throw: elbows opponent
Back throw: throws them backwards then shoots an arrow at them
Up throw: tosses opponent upwards
Down throw: slams opponent down

Neutral air: he thrusts his sword forwards
Forward air: a hit from the pickaxe. It spikes
Back air: a quick swipe with his axe
Up air: slashes the hoe upwards
Down air: a downwards smack with the shovel. Also spikes
Neutral special: the bow. When charged it can get enchanted for a harder hit and greater knockback
Side special: splash potions of harming, poison, weakness, and slowness. Can be cycled like Shulk
Harming does 8% damage on contact
Poison does 2% damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
Weakness cuts opponents attack by 25% and makes them easier to launch for 10 seconds
Slowness cuts opponents speed by 15% for 10 seconds
*if you hold B while holding a potion Steve tips his arrow with the potion.
Up special: fireworks and elytra. Kind of like Diddy Kongs up special.
Down special: TNT. You'd need to press down b again to ignite it. Can be exploded with fire. But when lit it has a brief period where you can pick it up and throw it.
Final smash: Enderdragon. Steve summons him and he blasts the stage with his dragon breath.

Stages: Overworld (fight in a random biome)
Nether and End

D

Deleted member

An update from xenother xenother about the blocky boi

With Steve, I and others have heard from multiple people (including my main source) that Steve would also be joining the roster. It is almost common knowledge at this point that Nintendo had conversations with Microsoft about bringing a Microsoft owned character to Smash, and it is to my knowledge that Nintendo came in wanting a big, recognizable character (which ended up being Steve). As if this wasn't enough, I have also been told by multiple sources that Steve was in a testers build of the game back in August. I was told that he was far from being in playable state. I, like many of you wonder why Steve was left out of the base game/revealed after Joker if he was being worked on so early. The reasoning in the Doom/Ninja Gaiden leak could be a possible explanation, but I am not able to vouch for that leak with any confidence and am trying to verify or find conflicts with that 'leak'.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Been a while since I traversed here but have no fear, I still support Steve!

I still don't think I'm on the supporter list...

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Last I checked, xenother wasn't really the most credible guy...

Wasn't he the person who said Chun-Li was cut?
He also claimed we'd be getting a direct on January. Take that for what you will.

From that I know, he's a greenhorn without any bigtime success. No rep and no streak currently. All we have is that certain insiders trust him for whatever reason. Not necessarily a credibility booster.

nikz2

Smash Rookie
Put me on that supporters list, I've been wanting Steve since the first Smash trailer back in March, and I will literally cry if he gets announced. Following the 5chan leak, he and Doomguy would be announced at E3. I can imagine the slash screen appearing, followed by a purple glow, as if looking through glass. The scene changes to Mario, Kirby and Samus, who are trying to discover where that glow comes from, find the Nether portal and enter the it, where they meet face to face with Steve, who watches them enter the new dimension, followed by his splash card "Steve Picks a Fight!'. Then we see Steve's gameplay (I hope he can place blocks or has a crafting mechanic). After that we go back to the trailer, where the four characters fight, while in the distance we hear gunshots. Everyone stops fighting and we see, from top to bottom, how another character has reached the battlefield of Nether, being none other than Doomslayer, with his splash card saying "Doomslayer Tears 'em Up!". The trailer ends there, without showing Doomslayer gameplay. I honestly think it would be a very good way to introduce them both :D

Steve hype!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steve was getting likelier and likelier by the second. That said, this also helps the various Rareware characters too. It means they're making more money off of those IP's, meaning that DLC isn't that hard to believe.

That said, I wish people would not look into the Rareware spirits so much(they were ideas that fell through because, gasp, Nintendo only owns the names of the games, and nothing else. There was no way to license them easily, and why would Microsoft say yes to a tiny appearance? It's fairly likely that they scrapped it because they didn't want to bother MS with something so insignificant. There's no issue if it's just unused file names, after all. It's the actual IP itself that Microsoft owns, so any proper usage of it would require licensing. No licensing for the file names, soooooo... issue got resolved without dealing with another company). That said, I do think that Nintendo was talking to Microsoft about DLC instead. A lot of this adds up. Not to any particular character. Though with Rare Replay probably being there, Fulgore's only real barrier is gone as well. Same with Battletoads, etc. There's a lot of viable Microsoft characters, but I'd say only 5 are viable right now(Steve, Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, Fulgore, Battletoad(hard to say which one is best)).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Add me to the support list y'all. Steve is a gaming legend and I'd love to see him in Smash.

D

Deleted member

>When you start imagining a possible Minecraft stage and the way you imagine it sounds fantastic, hyping you for Minecraft content in Smash.

40FADBDC-62BB-47DC-B63A-F9597EE6CC02.jpeg

Top Bottom