• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve/Alex Inventory and Crafting Mechanics

WisdomAndCourage

Smash Rookie
I spent some time in the training room testing how inventory space and crafting costs work and thought I'd share the results.

Max Inventory:
100 dirt/wood/stone/iron (combined)
3 gold
5 diamond
5 redstone

Starting Inventory:
36 dirt
18 wood
3 iron
0.6? redstone
0 gold/diamond

Crafting costs:
Blocks: 2 dirt -> 2 wood -> 1 stone -> 1 iron
Tools: 1 diamond -> 1 gold -> 4 iron -> 1 stone -> 2 wood
Crafting Table: 2 wood -> 4 stone -> 1 iron
Anvil: 1 iron (down-throw and down-air)
TNT: 5x (5 dirt -> 2 wood -> 2 stone -> 1 iron)
TNT redstone trail: 1/25? redstone per tile placed
Minecart: 1 iron
Minecart's powered rail: 1/4 gold + 1/3 redstone
Minecart's unpowered rail: ? dirt/wood/stone/iron

Notes:
-Resources are obtained 1 at a time while mining. If a resource has reached max capacity and is mined, there will be an animation of it being discarded.
-Dirt/wood/stone/iron all share a combined inventory space of 100 total resources, while gold, diamond, and redstone have their own separate inventories.
-Arrows ( -> ) indicate the order resources are consumed while crafting. If there is not enough of the first resource, the resource after the arrow is consumed instead.
-TNT takes resources as listed but needs to loop 5 times before it's made. For example, if you had 21 dirt and 5 iron before using TNT, then you would have 1 dirt and 4 iron after using it.
-The TNT redstone trail has a max length of about 10 tiles, with about 0.04 redstone consumed per tile.
-Gold and redstone are consumed in fractions. If it is slightly below max capacity when mined, then it will be topped up to full with no discard animation.
-If a fraction of gold is left in the inventory (0.25/0.5/0.75) you will be unable to craft gold tools with it until you have enough (the gold bar icon will be visible but will not flash).
-Tool crafting is only available if a tool is broken or able to be upgraded. Tools cannot be downgraded.

And that's everything I've found. Note that the redstone trail and starting inventory numbers are very rough approximations. Let me know if you find any mistakes, more precise numbers for redstone, or other crafting details I've missed!

Last edited:
Top Bottom