• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steel Thy Shovel! Shovel Knight Support Thread!

Lichzim

Smash Rookie
You've got my support. I want the master of shovelry himself to join the fight. FOR SHOVELRY!!

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I support Shovel Knight and I want Shovel Knight in smash so I could hit Ryu with a Shovel.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it, but I am planning on getting Shovel Knight for my 3DS. Definitely add me to the supporters.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Not really sure how likely an indie character chances are get into Smash but Shovel Knight gets my support.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A game called Blade Strangers is quickly gaining attention for being a ridiculous indie crossover. Case in point:

Aside from the Blue Burrower, the game also has Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story, Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt, and Isaac from the Binding of Isaac, with possibly more to come (I'm fully expecting Shantae to be next). Even if Shovel Knight doesn't make it into Smash, at least we'll have this (and inevitably Mugen, once the sprites get ripped).

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
A game called Blade Strangers is quickly gaining attention for being a ridiculous indie crossover. Case in point:

Aside from the Blue Burrower, the game also has Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story, Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt, and Isaac from the Binding of Isaac, with possibly more to come (I'm fully expecting Shantae to be next). Even if Shovel Knight doesn't make it into Smash, at least we'll have this (and inevitably Mugen, once the sprites get ripped).
I've been keeping up-to-date with Blade strangers ever since it went under the radar (last E3?) Shovel knight is in a 100% indie smash bros Called Indie Pogo. If any one is interested I Did help fund the game on kick starter

Any ways I would like to support shovel knight I got the game on both PC and 3DS though I never beat it q.q

D

Deleted member

This is literally the only reason I'm even putting this game on my radar for when I eventually get a Switch. :p

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Uhm... I personally prefer the stubby shovelknight, canonwise shovelknight is quite shortie, and i always loved the height difference between him and shieldknight.

FenixStar

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Shovel Knight might get into SSBU given how Sakurai said something about how all Amiibos, no matter the series, would be compatible with the game... While that might mean ones for the current roster of characters, we know Shovel Knight was the first non-Smash Bros character to get an Amiibo. Also, when he talked about Solid Snake's inclusion back into SSBU, he mentioned that it was because of "by popular demand", so this could mean he's also looking back at the previous Smash Ballot at which characters were the most popular after the DLC characters, so Shovel Knight might have a chance, given how much attention he's getting over the last few months.

All in all, I support Shovel Knight getting in, and if he can bring along Shantae and/or Gunvolt to the party, more power to the indie games! :D

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Now that Smash Bros Ultimate is back, I wonder if we are really going to get an indie game star? Shovel Knight might fit the bill.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like Shovel Knight might get into SSBU given how Sakurai said something about how all Amiibos, no matter the series, would be compatible with the game... While that might mean ones for the current roster of characters, we know Shovel Knight was the first non-Smash Bros character to get an Amiibo. Also, when he talked about Solid Snake's inclusion back into SSBU, he mentioned that it was because of "by popular demand", so this could mean he's also looking back at the previous Smash Ballot at which characters were the most popular after the DLC characters, so Shovel Knight might have a chance, given how much attention he's getting over the last few months.

All in all, I support Shovel Knight getting in, and if he can bring along Shantae and/or Gunvolt to the party, more power to the indie games! :D
The first part just means that any version of Link, Mario, Bowser, etc. would work with Smash. It's not like every single amiibo is going to be compatible - I can't imagine that we'll be getting two dozen different Animal Crossing newcomers.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Eh, I'm a few weeks late to the party but what the hell, I'll put in my support. Shovel Knight represents the best of the 'neo-retro' wave in terms of game quality and developer/publisher business practices. The character even has tons of moveset potential which should make designing him fairly easy compared to many other characters.

He definitely deserves a spot in Smash and I'd love for this game to be his time to shine!

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'm ready to Dig in my heels in support for Shovel knight!
his game is brilliant and full of charm and he would be the perfect rep for Indies!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I support Shovel Knight for Smash! I'm suprised also that this thread isn't longer, considering Knight already has an amiibo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

You think this is a ridiculous crossover, Crystal Crisis is even weirder. Nicalis' idea of a crossover is definitely out there compared to most people.

Uhm... I personally prefer the stubby shovelknight, canonwise shovelknight is quite shortie, and i always loved the height difference between him and shieldknight.
Given this interpretation, it's fun to imagine that the other characters are actually freakin' giants. Besides, buffing up for some crossovers allows him to fit in better in this compared to Isaac from Binding of Isaac.

Not to mention that those three have all been involved with Inti Creates to various degrees, which helps.

KMDP

Smash Legend
In my quest to record the current number of supporters for each character for Smash Ultimate, I compiled a supporter's list for Shovel Knight. Cool Trainer Ace, feel free to copy this into the first post if you want. :grin:
  1. Cool Trainer Ace Cool Trainer Ace
  2. Aussie the Naturist
  3. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  4. Kenith
  5. Cutie Gwen
  6. GoldenYuiitusin
  7. SvartWolf
  8. PlanetZebes
  9. BlackWolf666
  10. Mrrgle
  11. CrossDispatcher
  12. KingofPhantoms
  13. Freduardo
  14. Blue_Sword_Edge
  15. Jason the Yoshi
  16. kiteinthesky
  17. Metalex
  18. Altais
  19. Staarih
  20. Lampy
  21. Sailor Waddle Dee
  22. Megadoomer
  23. Kevandre
  24. shinhed-echi
  25. GolisoPower
  26. GamerGuy09
  27. Phoebee
  28. Guybrush20X6
  29. YouSeemFRAZZLED
  30. -crump-
  31. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  32. Shinuto
  33. Strider_123
  34. DraginHikari
  35. DefinitelyNotSascha
  36. Dalek_Kolt
  37. HenryZusa
  38. Miifighters4Smash5
  39. Ghirahilda
  40. nguforever
  41. Staarih
  42. N3ON
  43. smashkirby
  44. Lichzim
  45. Rosapeach
  46. SEGAGameBoy
  47. NSSKG151
  48. smilemasky
  49. Fenixstar
  50. JBRPG
  51. Questionmark222
  52. Mr Gentleman
  53. Dixie Kong
  54. KirbyWorshipper2465

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget that Nintendo published Shovel Knight to the Japan region, so it shouldn't give some slight boost of chances and could be one of those surprise newcomers of the "neo retro" theme

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It hurts, it hurts really bad.

But at least we got representation, and for Yacht Club to be featured in Smash Bros probably made their dreams come true.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Popping in to say congrats Shovel Knight. being an AT is often seen as the lesser option, But he was paving the way for a proper indie rep down the line. Him being an AT is only a good thing.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
so many characters just got deconfirmed, crazy. but at least they acknowledged him and he's in the game.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Guys

Shovel Knight is the first character not owned by a Japanese company to actively participate in a Smash Bros battle. That is an incredible honour, especially for an indie character.

This blows the door wide open for Western characters to eventually join the roster!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm proud of Shovel Knight that he's even appearing. If you think about it he has a cameo in the biggest crossover game of all time. Absolutely awesome

slambros

Smash Ace
Shovel Knight was my GotY in 2014, and it's great to see how far he's come. I'm really happy to see him represented in the game! That's a huge honor!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I never fully counted Shovel Knight out as a possible character in Ultimate but I'm glad you guys get him represented in some way. He looks really slick in this game and I'm sure Yacht Games is ecstatic to even have him present in such a big game.

Staarih

Smash Master
Of course I would’ve wished for playable status, but AT is better than nothing. I’m so happy for Yacht Club Games for this recognition!

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I was genuinely shocked to see SK as an AT. I didn't know how Indies would fare, but AT is nothing to scoff at. Great to see his game and Yacht Club getting some representation!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was surprised Shovel Knight got an AT. I didn't really expect him to show up in any form.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yacht Club Games tweeted about the reveal.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You know. I'm okay with this. Being an indie character was always going to be an uphill struggle to begin with so the fact that Shovel Knight made it even as far as an Assist Trophy shows how far the Knight has come since his original game. It may not be what we wanted but I still think it's an amazing thing.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I may be more of Shantae supporter, but damn congrats on Shovel Knight getting in Smash to any extent as an AT! It's truly a testament to his success that he's here in his position!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
While i hate to see you guys feeling down that Shovel Knight didn't make the cut, I think you guys should have a round of applause here.

Shovel Knight became the first indy character to appear in Smash regardless of playable or Assist Trophy so that is something to celebrate

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
WOO HOO!!!! SHOVEL KNIGHT'S IN SMASH BROS; AS LONG AS HE GETS INTO THE GAME IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY; I'm satisfied!!

Top Bottom